Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

marshall lytle 79- one of bill haleys comets-the bassist on rock around the clock- he was booked to appear at this years hemsby rock n roll festival but fell ill with cancer .

Tom Sharpe

Indecent Exposure & Riotous Assembly are 2 of the funniest books ever written about the snobbery & Racism involved in Apartheid..

I still remember the scene where Konstable Els is fighting with a Doberman, I was on a train and I was laughing so loud, I thought I was going to get thrown off.

Iain Banks.

And, coincidentally, Iain M Banks.

Iain Banks.

Knew it was on the cards but sad none the less.

Iain Banks.

So sad. Will miss them both very much.

One last meeting to go - on 20th June. A novel about the last few weeks of a cancer patient, apparently.

Iain Banks.

Ah so quickly, very sad. Just pulling "Consider Phlebas" off the bookshelf.

I have enjoyed so many of Iain Banks' books, both straight fiction and SF. We knew it was coming, but sad news all the same.

Sad news. The Sopranos was absolutely gripping TV, much of that down to Gandolfini's superb acting.

Almost exactly the same age as me. I was heading towards a similar shape until I lost 1/3 of my weight 3 years ago. So glad I did.

He was a terrific actor and The Sporanos is right up there with the best TV ever made.

Almost exactly the same age as me. I was heading towards a similar shape until I lost 1/3 of my weight 3 years ago. So glad I did.

He was a terrific actor and The Sporanos is right up there with the best TV ever made.

I'd go along with that.

Racing driver Allan Simonsen killed in the Le Mans 24 hour.

Racing driver Allan Simonsen killed in the Le Mans 24 hour.

After 10 minutes. Terrible.

After 10 minutes. Terrible.

Not sure about this remark, tbh.

Not sure about this remark, tbh.

He crashed ten minutes into a 24 hour race, I guess it doesn't matter when it happened you just wouldn't expect it so early on.

I turned it on yesterday about 2hrs 30mins in and heard there had been a stoppage as Allan had crashed and caused a bit of a mess on track. So I went onto YouTube to see if there was a video of it as they weren't showing any replays, anyway, I didn't really think much of it.

Tuned back in this morning to hear he had died and was in shock. Terrible news, even worse that he has a baby daughter.

The commentators seemed to think he crashed into a barrier that had a tree directly behind it so there was no give and essentially just crashed hundreds of miles an hour into a tree, no mention if this in the papers though.

Edited by YCKonstantine

Ok, it just looked like it could have been an attempt at humour to me which, I'm sure you'd agree, would have been pretty inappropriate.

To hear he's left a young family behind makes the tragedy even more difficult to accept.

RIP.