Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

Stan Stennett; well  known entertainer in Wales, not quite as well known elsewhere.

I remember him being interviewed about still working at eighty. He joked that performing was in his blood and when he had recently woken up in the middle of the night and opened the fridge to get a drink .... 'the light came on so I did a quick twenty minutes'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-25102700

I do occasionally catch the odd episode on ITV4. It's so preposterously macho!

Fairy, typical Capricorn. :spruceup:

It's great stuff.

The co-writer Brian Clemens is directly related to Mark Twain (real name Samuel Longhorne Clemens)

Edited by Bleep1673

Fairy, typical Capricorn. :spruceup:

It's great stuff.

The co-writer Brian Clemens is directly related to Mark Twain (real name Samuel Longhorne Clemens)

Now thinking about if The Professionals had been scripted by Mark Twain. That I'd like to see!

###### (Sounds like Bug Her)

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/professionals-star-lewis-collins-dies-la-110726119.html

Two of my TV heroes were Bodie & Doyle, thats very sad

He was in a band called the mojos who had a hit with 'everything's alright'

I suppose it is now

stuff of the playground in the late 70s - im bodie -your doyle- the not so popular kid can be cowlie

Who was Cowley? Was that Hudson from Upstairs Downstairs?

Think I've posted before, but back 30 years ago just about, when I was a law student….

… the law lectures took place in the medical wing of the college for some reason.  While waiting for a lecture we peered into the dissection rooms  and low and behold, Gordon Jackson was being dissected.  He'd done the marvellous giving your body for research thing. 

Think I've posted before, but back 30 years ago just about, when I was a law student….

… the law lectures took place in the medical wing of the college for some reason.  While waiting for a lecture we peered into the dissection rooms  and low and behold, Gordon Jackson was being dissected.  He'd done the marvellous giving your body for research thing. 

It was probably that what killed him later, as he only died 23 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Jackson_%28actor%29

Ooops.   Maths not a strong point.  Thirty years ago I was still at school…..

Is this the inspiration for Sausages then?

I'm a fool to myself with the bangers.

Nowt but shoulder meat with no added fat - makes for fantastic sausages but not great profits….

Over 450 packets sold already for next week.  A tidy business if anyone wants to take it over?

I'm a fool to myself with the bangers.

Nowt but shoulder meat with no added fat - makes for fantastic sausages but not great profits….

Over 450 packets sold already for next week.  A tidy business if anyone wants to take it over?

That's the way to do it

People will buy good gear if they can get at it

I've become asthmatic which isn't great for making bangers at about 3 degrees C. And for standing at market in the chilly willy sparrow fart hours. Too many Senior Service coming back to bite me on the rear.

RIP Paul Walker, star of the Fast and Furious movies. Sadly killed in a car crash.