Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

Futtocks seems to know a lot about when people pass away...

Are you the Grim Reaper?

:unsure:

I have the radio on at work - normally the World Service or Radio 5 - so these things get announced pretty promptly as breaking news. And I'm the grim reaper.

SAM_0537_zpse9df1470.jpg

He may well have been born in Ireland, and had his birth registered in Leeds to prevent any repercussions with regards to the Irish Free State movement.

Joan Fontaine. As was going to mention to my manager about Peter O'Toole and there are not many left from the "golden age" of films I was going to mention that Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine (sisters too) were still going. Alas only Olivia now..... 95 Fontaine was great age.

Good riddance.

I'm sure he has friends and family who are grieving.

But, yes.

Good riddance.

Inappropriate IMO. He wasn't a tyrant or mass murderer, just a small time crook who did a runner from jail. Whilst I don't agree with glorifying criminals or making them out to be loveable rogues, I don't think it is worthy of such comment. I bet if it was bedlam breakout making such remarks over someone you respected you would be up in arms, so if you can't say anything nice on an obituary thread, don't.

nb I am not a RB fan or anything like that.

Inappropriate IMO. He wasn't a tyrant or mass murderer, just a small time crook who did a runner from jail. Whilst I don't agree with glorifying criminals or making them out to be loveable rogues, I don't think it is worthy of such comment. I bet if it was bedlam breakout making such remarks over someone you respected you would be up in arms, so if you can't say anything nice on an obituary thread, don't.

They mudered a bloke just doing his job.

Sorry but I can have very little sympathy for someone who committed robbery, spent years metaphorically sticking two fingers up at the law then came back when he needed our welfare services. Only to argue that after serving less of his sentence than most criminals he should be released on compassionate grounds.

Sorry but I can have very little sympathy for someone who committed robbery, spent years metaphorically sticking two fingers up at the law then came back when he needed our welfare services. Only to argue that after serving less of his sentence than most criminals he should be released on compassionate grounds.

I've got very little sympathy for him myself but that's not the same as saying 'good riddance' when someone dies. It's not as if he was Pol Pot, just a bit of a crook famous for doing a bunk.

So before people start going on about Ronnie Biggs being a "diamond geezer" and a cheeky cockney character lets remember he was one of a gang of violent criminal #### who beat a poor working class train driver to within an inch of his life whilst carrying out that "blag"

I've got very little sympathy for him myself but that's not the same as saying 'good riddance' when someone dies. It's not as if he was Pol Pot, just a bit of a crook famous for doing a bunk.

Yeah, that was in reply to the OP of the Ronnie Biggs thread saying what a nice bloke he was rather than in addition to any good riddance comments.

So before people start going on about Ronnie Biggs being a "diamond geezer" and a cheeky cockney character lets remember he was one of a gang of violent criminal #### who beat a poor working class train driver to within an inch of his life whilst carrying out that "blag"

Agree with you. But Biggs was a peripheral gang member, not the brains behind it. Not that I am sticking up for robbing gangs. I just don't think a petty cook like him is worth a good riddance.

Agree with you. But Biggs was a peripheral gang member, not the brains behind it. Not that I am sticking up for robbing gangs. I just don't think a petty cook like him is worth a good riddance.

Maybe good riddance to the rather sickening veneration of East End gangsters and thugs that some in the media and elsewhere like to perpetuate.

Maybe good riddance to the rather sickening veneration of East End gangsters and thugs that some in the media and elsewhere like to perpetuate.

That would be more like it. All sorts of unsavoury thugs have been retrospectively painted as lovable Cockernee characters "who nevah done nuffink to nobody but their own". I may be mistaken, but I don't see this phenomenon in other parts of Britain.

That would be more like it. All sorts of unsavoury thugs have been retrospectively painted as lovable Cockernee characters "who nevah done nuffink to nobody but their own". I may be mistaken, but I don't see this phenomenon in other parts of Britain.

Ver streets woz safe when reggie and ronnie woz abaht

Nobody took no liberties an people ad rizpek

What a bag o Shy te

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

I think the BBC have perpetuated an image of East End Londoners as being the Hardest criminals, thats where they go wrong. There are harder and stupider criminals everywhere, even "In Salford"

I think the BBC have perpetuated an image of East End Londoners as being the Hardest criminals, thats where they go wrong. There are harder and stupider criminals everywhere, even "In Salford"

Not Guy Ritchie or any The Firm Soccer hoolie from 1969 till they dropped an E in the summer of Love.