Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

John Horsley, who played Doc Morrissey in the 'Reginald Perrin' TV series.

Doc Morrissey: Do you find you can't finish the crossword like you used to, nasty taste in the mouth in the mornings, can't stop thinking about sex, can't start doing anything about sex, wake up with a sweat in the mornings, keep falling asleep during '"Play For Today"?

Reginald Perrin: That's extraordinary, Doc! That's exactly how I've been feeling.

Doc Morrissey: So have I. I wonder what it is? Take two aspirins.

Oh dear, how very sad.

A fantastic comedy actor who I think of just about every time I pick a brush up. 

RIP Trig.

Damn shame about Trigger, he was brilliant.

Rodney: 'Trig why do you always call me Dave? My name is Rodney'

Trigger: 'So what's Dave, a sort of nickname?'

Edit: rather bizarrely I have just turned on the radio and it was playing Bohemian Rhapsody. But the first line as it came on was...'trigger now he's dead'. There must be a tv series in that.!

Edited by Johnoco

R.I.P. Dave

Hiroo Onoda, the Japanese soldier who refused to surrender after World War Two ended and spent 29 years in the jungle has died aged 91 in Tokyo.

Hiroo Onoda, the Japanese soldier who refused to surrender after World War Two ended and spent 29 years in the jungle has died aged 91 in Tokyo.

Was going to post that. He was quite a character. I saw him on TV when I was living in Japan. Im not sure younger japanese generations were quite sure what to make of him.

Was going to post that. He was quite a character. I saw him on TV when I was living in Japan. Im not sure younger japanese generations were quite sure what to make of him.

It would have been good if he went on the Japanese version of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

It would have been good if he went on the Japanese version of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

Aye. It'd be the longest running TV show ever. 40 odd years! ;)

Aye. It'd be the longest running TV show ever. 40 odd years! ;)

"The Sky at Night" has been running for 57 years this April!

I have just turned on the radio and it was playing Bohemian Rhapsody. But the first line as it came on was...'trigger now he's dead'. There must be a tv series in that.!

As you might expect, there seems to be some spooky goings on in the obituary thread.

We've just had two posts with the word "running" in them and then a post announcing the death of Chris Chataway.

Be afraid....

Edited by Old Frightful

Pete Seeger.

Incredible influence on the folk scene on both sides of the Atlantic.

As a teenager I was a huge fan.

Grand Old Man of the folk movement.

He was, however, seriously wrong about Dylan going electric. I'm sure he came to realise this.

Either way, his legacy in the USA is immense.

RIP Pete.

Grand Old Man of the folk movement.

He was, however, seriously wrong about Dylan going electric. I'm sure he came to realise this.

Either way, his legacy in the USA is immense.

RIP Pete.

Seeger was an iconic folk singer, very ably supported by the Weavers, who illustrated that the best songs are those that convey the simplest message.

But on the subject of being seriously wrong, throughout most of his life he was a dedicated Stalinist, who only curtailed his admiration for Uncle Joe late in his life.

From 1939 to 1941, after the Molotov-Von Ribbentrop pact, at Stalin's bidding he devoted himself to performances aimed at trying to persuade the USA not to enter the war.

“I apologise for once believing Stalin was just a hard driver, not a supremely cruel dictator," he said in 1994.

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Brilliant actor.

Gutted

Also, over the weekend, Anna Gordy Gaye and Maximilian Schell.

Buckingham Palace have said that the Queen will visit the Normandy beaches on the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings in June.

Unsubstantiated reports claim she will reclaim her family's ancient territory of Normandy, Anjou, & Maine

Also gone recently, Dave Higgs (from Eddie & the Hot Rods).