Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

Mary Tamm, who played Dr Who's assistant Romana.

Mary Tamm was stunning looking and a really good actress.

When she appeared in the Odessa File in the 1970's, everyone thought she would be a major star. Somehow it never panned out.

A very sad loss for Bradford.

Mary Tamm was stunning looking and a really good actress.

When she appeared in the Odessa File in the 1970's, everyone thought she would be a major star. Somehow it never panned out.

A very sad loss for Bradford.

Stardom takes many forms. Having been a Doctor Who companion, she will never be forgotten by a great many people.

Stardom takes many forms. Having been a Doctor Who companion, she will never be forgotten by a great many people.

isn't that two Dr Who classic 12 year old boy fantasies dead in one year?

Can't provide a link here but I hear Geoff Hughes has died from cancer aged 68 (?)

Played various characters. Onslow in KUA and Twiggy in the Royle Family. My favorite though was Eddie Yates in Corrie. What a double act Eddie & Stan Ogden. RIP

Can't provide a link here but I hear Geoff Hughes has died from cancer aged 68 (?)

Played various characters. Onslow in KUA and Twiggy in the Royle Family. My favorite though was Eddie Yates in Corrie. What a double act Eddie & Stan Ogden. RIP

He was also the voice of Paul McCartney in 'Yellow Submarine'.

Marvin Hamlisch (Grammy Winner) and Burt Bacharach (Grammy Winner) both had long term relationships with Carole Bayer Sager (Grammy Winner)

Fist saw Marvyn Hamlisch in 1989 in Huntsville, Alabama. he came on to play and conduct the orchestra in the 2nd half of the concert and they came alive, he made such a difference. A mate saw him in Ireland only a few months ago and he did exactly the same.

Edited by JohnM

Marvin Hamlisch (Grammy Winner) and Burt Bacharach (Grammy Winner) both had long term relationships with Carole Bayer Sager (Grammy Winner)

Let's hope Marvin is moving up today.

Mary Tamm, who played Dr Who's assistant Romana.

Just found out that her husband, Marcus Ringrose, died of a heart attack a few hours after her funeral.

Two big names from very different walks of life: Sir Bernard Lovell and Marvin Hamlisch

I met Bernard Lovell, many years ago. He came to Salford University to do an open lecture, an as my Dad was a huge Astronomy fan he took me along. He was fascinating, talked technical sometimes, but also explained things for us not quite up to speed. Apparently Brian Cox was a big fan of his.

Have they done anything internet based or were they jsut reliant on the actual comic?

Selected strips will live on, through the website, but the printed edition will finish at the end of the year.More information here.

Selected strips will live on, through the website, but the printed edition will finish at the end of the year.More information here.

I was a Roy of the Rovers fan and they went some time back.