Sign in to follow this  
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

Popsy Dixon, drummer and vocalist of the idiosyncratic blues group, the Holmes Brothers

Forever and rightly famous for the mighty 'The Time has come today'.

Forever and rightly famous for the mighty 'The Time has come today'.

Thanks mate that's got a potentially dreary day off to a good start. I loved that record even if it was a bit of a bandwagon jump

That's opened up a door to some revelations that will have made a few people's hearts (sic!) beat a bit faster this afternoon.

Yup. There will be some odure flying about at some point, including stuff already published on the internet which will make it into the press, TV and radio, although the current police investigations may put a lid on some of the broader allegations.

The great second row forward albert "budgie"Firth aged 77.

Played for Trinity 1954 to 1962 and york and leeds.He was a terrific character as i recall with a good turn of speed who scored 70 tries for

Trinity in 217 games i believe.

Demis Roussos.

Here he is with one of the few non-Yewtree Seventies TV presenters.

But if you want to hear something really weird, check out the album '666' by Aphrodite's Child, which he was in along with keyboard legend Vangelis.

Edited by Futtocks

Another of my childhood memories.  Black and white tv, "The Undersea World of Hans and Lotte Hass".  Always somewhere warm and exotic.  Happy days......

Another of my childhood memories.  Black and white tv, "The Undersea World of Hans and Lotte Hass".  Always somewhere warm and exotic.  Happy days.......

Aye. Their pioneering films, along with those of Jacques Cousteau, did a lot for stimulating interest in and knowledge of life in the oceans.