Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

Richard von Weisaecker aged 94. Former West Berlin Mayor but was President of Germany from 1984-1994 and was a major figure in the reunification of the East and West Germany. Was also the first West German Politicians to make a visit to Israel and the first German to address the Joint session of the UK Parliment. Wasnt frightened to say what he thought, unlike many politicians today. http://news.yahoo.com/former-german-president-richard-von-weizsaecker-dies-94-110938759.html

She also played Lucia in Mapp & Lucia (earlier version) and Miss Jean Brodie in the TV version of the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

According to IMDB, she started acting at 14 years old, and has been in some quality stuff, the last being a voice artist on the English version of 'Arietty', the Studio Ghibli take on 'The Borrowers', which was a wonderful piece of work.

According to IMDB, she started acting at 14 years old, and has been in some quality stuff, the last being a voice artist on the English version of 'Arietty', the Studio Ghibli take on 'The Borrowers', which was a wonderful piece of work.

She also played Jess's mother in "Oranges are no the only fruit"  which by a strange co-incidence, I watched on DVD last night

She also played Jess's mother in "Oranges are no the only fruit"  which by a strange co-incidence, I watched on DVD last night

Is that the Scottish version of the series?  :ph34r:

That's a tough film to watch. Some genuinely harrowing scenes, but brilliantly played by the cast.

Is that the Scottish version of the series?  :ph34r:

Fruit? Scotland?

You're being silly now

Fruit? Scotland?

You're being silly now

In the Scottish language, "fruit" translates as "and chips".

For those who know Anthony Bourdain's books, his protegé and successor at Les Halles, Carlos Llaguno Morales has died.

Former Big Daddy foe, Drew Mcdonald who went on to wrestle in the WCW, 59 dies of Cancer.

Steve Strange (born Steven John Harrington, 28 May 1959 – 12 February 2015) best known as the lead singer and frontman of the 1980s pop group Visage, founder of The Blitz nightclub and trendsetting fashion icon with his ever changing styles to us New Romantics who hung on his every image!!

Died in his sleep in Sharm-El-Sheik, Egypt following a heart attack at the age of 55.

Am gutted ... along with Japan's David Sylvian he was one of my teenage cult heroes in the early 80s! RIP Steve.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31449838

post-2238-0-35421800-1423778663_thumb.jpg. post-2238-0-50954200-1423779073_thumb.jpgpost-2238-0-61159500-1423780869_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam Armstrong

Very sad.

:(

He never came across as anything other than a decent bloke ... pretentious but fun.

80's icon for so many schoolkids. In later years he was (unfortunately for him) an open advert for not taking drugs.

Hopefully, it will be one heck of a funeral.

Someone like Steve Strange was probably the total oopposite of what I was into but sad to hear of his passing. Definitely a pioneer in his field , RIP .

How sad, a bit of my childhood just died as well.

:(

leonard-nimoy-jimmy-hendrix.jpg