Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

I always liked John Oaksey. Though I'm not a racing fan, he used to write a very good column in the Telegraph.

Hal David was probably my favourite lyricist. There's a nice piece about him from Mark Steyn, which focuses mainly on his and Bacharach's first American number one.

http://www.steynonli...n-love-with-you

Thanks for the link! :)

Founder member of Odyssey and lead vocalist on their hit 'Native New Yorker', Lillian Lopez.

As you get to a certain age, parts of your childhood die off, one by one. Terry on 'Animal Magic' was one, as was reading about his part in the life of Gavin Maxwell. :(

Founder member of Odyssey and lead vocalist on their hit 'Native New Yorker', Lillian Lopez.

I loved native new yorker, along with young hearts young free by Candi Staten which for some reason I associated with it.

I loved native new yorker, along with young hearts young free by Candi Staten which for some reason I associated with it.

Ah, Candi Staton. Still recording, albeit in a more traditional Soul style. Check out the album 'His Hands' for a taste - it's excellent.

Ah, Candi Staton. Still recording, albeit in a more traditional Soul style. Check out the album 'His Hands' for a taste - it's excellent.

well you didn't let me down with that Jimmy Webb album, which I really enjoy, so I will.

Just downloaded thre new Richard Hawley...give it a go.

Jim who was best man at our wedding passed away last week, I'd been meaning to call him and arrange a beer or three for ages, too late now. If you've got a mate you haven't seen for too long, give 'em a call, don't leave it like I did. Gutted.

Jim who was best man at our wedding passed away last week, I'd been meaning to call him and arrange a beer or three for ages, too late now. If you've got a mate you haven't seen for too long, give 'em a call, don't leave it like I did. Gutted.

That's a pretty good piece of advice. Same applies to any stupid arguments you've had with friends and family - you may be peed off but do you ever really want the situation to arise where the last words you spoke were in anger?

One of my best mates from school called round on Sunday. Not seem him for about 18 months due to him living down south now, and was great to catch up. Couldn't agree more with those sentiments.

Same happened to me a few years ago, R.I.P. Tony Spam Richardson (Bedlinton Station)