Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

Two somewhat different passings.

The last of 'The Few', aged 99.

Ceefax, aged 38.

I don't think he's the last

one good thing about 'nowadays' is that people live longer, and that their memories thoughts and feelings have been recorded in their own words for posterity

Ceefax, 38 years old & still as slow as it was on day 1 - a bit like a Salford Winger

With Ceefax gone, the BBC are going to have to find something else to show for 3 or 4 hours before the national showing of The Superleague Show. ;)

Ah Ceefax. My favourite television, followed by Teletext in second. :)

Teletext was always better for RL score updates. :D

I was only thinking about him the other day and wondering how old he was. Dad's Army seemed to be cursed with a lot of the main cast dying before their time. Must be going back a while when Ian Lavender and Clive Dunn were the only ones left.

And it's astonishing to think his number one :O hit Grandad was 41 years ago.

RIP Clive.

RIP Bill Tarney - Jack Duckworth to most

Flamin 'ell.

They're all going :(

Always a good trivia question about the connection between 'Grandad' and 'Walk on the wild side'

At a guess, Herbie Flowers. He played on everything.

Jack and Vera were a brilliant double act on Corrie. It's always said, with some justification that Lankies are funnier than Yorkies, you only have to look at the distiguished list of great Lancashire commedians, from Frank Randall through Les Dawson to Peter Kay. But there's no question that Leeds born Vera (Liz Dawn) was the funny one in this relationship. Having said that Jack was a brilliant foil for her. RIP

But there's no question that Leeds born Vera (Liz Dawn) was the funny one in this relationship.

A friend of mine worked on corrie. I asked him what the cast were like in real life, of Liz Dawn he said "imagine Vera Duckworth's retarded twin sister" :blink:

No link but Dave Sexton, ex Man Utd boss has died. I remember him being in charge of Man U. Time flies. RIP

Boxing great Hector Camacho got murdered last weekend. Apparently, most of his money had gone.I was extremely disappointed with today's obituary in the Times ... it didn't do him anything like justice.

On Friday, I went to a sporting dinner at Elland Road.

Roberto Duran was guest of honour. I suspect he might have a similar latino-fighters' story. After all the millions he must have made, now he's trying to flog framed signed photos for £200. He never even had the foresight to learn to speak English ready for his post-fighting years.

:(

PS: Jordan James was there as well.