Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Gibbins

Rangi Chase today

41 posts in this topic

I watched the match today hoping that his team would lose and was delighted to see he had a fine game.............. for wakefield, threw an interception pass or two, kicking game was rubbish and wakefield learnt from us about not shooting the line when he crabs across it. Not to mention lots of poor decisions including the last play of the match when they had chance to sky the ball.

One thing i did notice though was that the commenators did nothing but big him up and say how good he was all the way through and when he made one of his several mistakes made excuses for him, i was sick of hearing them droan on about him and how he wasn't match fit due to his 3 match lay off, he should have sat out the rest of the season if the RFL disciplinary comitee grew a pair, maybe they are scared he'll chuck the teddy out and decide he's no longer English then we lose our national teams saviour.......... comitee and commentators

IMO he is one of the most over rated players in SL hes like a scott parker in football stands out in a very poor team but put him in a good team and you would never notice him.

Give over! Scott Parker ran Spurs midfield last season, they fell apart at the end of season when he was out injured - coincidence?

Hardly call spurs a very poor team either

Unbelievably bad today. A school kid would have taken a better option on that last play of the game. If he's better than any home produced player our nation has to offer then God help us.

Give over! Scott Parker ran Spurs midfield last season, they fell apart at the end of season when he was out injured - coincidence?

Hardly call spurs a very poor team either

I was'nt singleing out scott parker he was just the first player that came into my head to get the point over thats all And i ment when he was at west ham not spurs :lol:

I thought he was ######. Ive never seen him play well, though Im sure he must at times.

Shouldn't be playing for England, cos he's not English. That's not his fault, it's MacNamara's. Awful coach in my book.

After the C*s/Wakey game there was some kind of chat show on SKY with Stevo, Studd, Andy Wilson and Chris Irvine. Apart from some garbage from Stevo, they all basically said he had been found out at the top level and just wasn't good enough for internationals, though he is dangerous and unpredictable at club level. Can't disagree with that, can we?

even cas must be wondering if he's worth the large chunk of their salary cap that he's getting.

i can see him getting elbow for club n country

Posted · Hidden by Maureen T-k, May 27, 2012 - This is not allowed

He's still a n0b and a w4nker.

Interesting how these issues develop isn't it. Millward went out of his way to defend Chase in Saturday's Yorkshire Post. That's what you'd expect I suppose, but the popular view is that a 3 match ban was well short of an appropriate sanction.

i can see him getting elbow for club n country

lets just see him get a nice big elbow for now mart ;-)

lets just see him get a nice big elbow for now mart ;-)

He needs alot more than an elbow :lol:

Right, how the hell does he get picked for England?

I don't rate him at international standard, but McGuire is still head and shoulders above Chase.

And thats even before we bring in to the equation that Gareth Widdop IS international standard, yet has to settle for 15 minutes at the end of matches.

While were at it, England, Tomkins to 6, Brough at 7, Widdop at 1? maybe Eden in a trial match?

We have some options at last in the halves. Brough, Lomax, Widdop, Tomkins, Myler all before Chase imo. Like to see Brough/Widdop with Tomkins at 1. If Brough doesn't cut it then Lomax/Widdop

Unbelievably bad today. A school kid would have taken a better option on that last play of the game. If he's better than any home produced player our nation has to offer then God help us.

at6 isnt danny Mcguire a better option for england and even robbie burrows,if i had my way chase would NOT be an option

We have some options at last in the halves. Brough, Lomax, Widdop, Tomkins, Myler all before Chase imo. Like to see Brough/Widdop with Tomkins at 1. If Brough doesn't cut it then Lomax/Widdop

I hope Brough gets his chance for England, he‘s a top player.

I think that Widdop would be the smart choice at 6, with Tomkins linking in from full back.

Dunno what id do with 13 though.

Easy, Johnny Hepworth ;)

how about a new coach while we are at it,dont think mcnamara knows what this coaching of a national team is about,his team selection dont seem right to me,hes at sixes and sevens if u ask me

how about a new coach while we are at it,dont think mcnamara knows what this coaching of a national team is about,his team selection dont seem right to me,hes at sixes and sevens if u ask me

Spot on DP for england coach for me if he can keep the fev job too if not RFL hands off :lol:

he's like a lot of our coaches. he's got all the aussiespeak and cliches but he hasn't got an original thought in his head.

he's like a lot of our coaches. he's got all the aussiespeak and cliches but he hasn't got an original thought in his head.

as far as a good coach goes,BOBBY GOULDING he has the pride and passion just like in his playing days

as far as a good coach goes,BOBBY GOULDING he has the pride and passion just like in his playing days

Bobby who? :lol: he was a good player when he was'nt drinking :lol: but a good coach? seriously? :O

I don't mind McNamara as coach if im honest, he's not doing that bad a job of it.

Arrested Tuesday night and spent the night in cells at Leeds due to being too coked up to drive.

Source. Best mate of wpc who locked him up!!!!

Discuss.

Had yet another blinder against Bradford, went to do his only move when he sent a dummy drop off forward :unsure: