Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fozzie

NEW GROUND

47 posts in this topic

Have a look at the Press website - as follows:

CONSTRUCTION of York’s new community stadium has been delayed, sparking an angry reaction from York City Knights.

Building work on the new Monks Cross stadium which will be home to York City FC and York City Knights rugby league club was due to begin at the end of 2013 to be completed by November 2014 to March 2015, according to a City of York Council report earlier this year.

However, the latest report now says construction will not begin until June 2014, to be finished by July 2015, meaning York City Knights look likely to spend two seasons sharing Bootham Crescent with York City.

It has also been revealed current Huntington Stadium operators, GLL, are making a loss and have given notice to terminate the lease of the stadium on April 2013, which could have left York City Knights homeless, closed the athletics track and shut Waterworld and Courtney’s Gym.

To avoid such a closure, City of York Council is to offer GLL, a social enterprise, a reduced rent for 15 months until June 30, 2014, and underwrite any losses made by GLL for the past three months.

The cabinet will consider whether to approve the plans at a meeting on Tuesday.

John Guildford, chair of York City Knights, questioned the delays and said he could not understand why the project was taking so long. He said: "I think it’s a waste of money. It should be done in a year. It’s disgraceful. We didn’t know about it."

Have a look at the Press website - as follows:

CONSTRUCTION of York’s new community stadium has been delayed, sparking an angry reaction from York City Knights.

Building work on the new Monks Cross stadium which will be home to York City FC and York City Knights rugby league club was due to begin at the end of 2013 to be completed by November 2014 to March 2015, according to a City of York Council report earlier this year.

However, the latest report now says construction will not begin until June 2014, to be finished by July 2015, meaning York City Knights look likely to spend two seasons sharing Bootham Crescent with York City.

It has also been revealed current Huntington Stadium operators, GLL, are making a loss and have given notice to terminate the lease of the stadium on April 2013, which could have left York City Knights homeless, closed the athletics track and shut Waterworld and Courtney’s Gym.

To avoid such a closure, City of York Council is to offer GLL, a social enterprise, a reduced rent for 15 months until June 30, 2014, and underwrite any losses made by GLL for the past three months.

The cabinet will consider whether to approve the plans at a meeting on Tuesday.

John Guildford, chair of York City Knights, questioned the delays and said he could not understand why the project was taking so long. He said: "I think it’s a waste of money. It should be done in a year. It’s disgraceful. We didn’t know about it."

Thats York council for you, glad they dont get any money out of me. :angry:

Thats York council for you, glad thay dont get any money out of me. :angry:

They couldn't organise a social function at Samuel Smiths of Tadcaster

Thats York council for you, glad thay dont get any money out of me. :angry:

Aye, approving a brand new stadium despite fierce opposition and then underwriting any losses from the SMC so that the Knights have somewhere to play next year. Horrible people them.

They couldn't organise a social function at Samuel Smiths of Tadcaster

No one could, they refuse to play any music there...

Aye, approving a brand new stadium despite fierce opposition and then underwriting any losses from the SMC so that the Knights have somewhere to play next year. Horrible people them.

Don't they get to keep a decent wedge of cash from the deal? Plus don't get me started about how shoddy this bloody council is, regardless of which corupt party is in charge!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

No one could, they refuse to play any music there...

Depends who you know Gav ;)

Depends who you know Gav ;)

Haha. My Grandads has been a regular in the Agar Arms in Warthill for about 25 years. Let's just say over the last 10 years he hasn't very fond of the Smith families management style at all...!

Haha. My Grandads has been a regular in the Agar Arms in Warthill for about 25 years. Let's just say over the last 10 years he hasn't very fond of the Smith families management style at all...!

Went there for my 18th, do they still do the giant steaks?

Went there for my 18th, do they still do the giant steaks?

Nope, they no longer do any proper food at all...

Nope, they no longer do any proper food at all...

Shame! Although it was a very, very long time ago, I remember the meal well.

Shame! Although it was a very, very long time ago, I remember the meal well.

A very long time. :rolleyes:

For me, just not the stadium delay is poor, but the revelation about the gym maybe

closing as I have been a member for last 10 years, although the gym is run to the

same standard as the rest of Huntington stadium - i.e. - prices go up & facilities &

service goes down.

A new gym at the new stadium run by the Knights & City people would be a great idea.

Where have these designs come from as someone else said thought it was an open plan stadium with 4 separate stands be great if it does look like the design shows looks good.

8137829586_5a1a5bd243_b.jpg

They say you have got to have faith, well the way this project is going it's like a few more scheme's YCC got involved with over the past years

it would seem like the picture portrays a ghostly figment of the imagination, only thing that comes across is the major store develepment seems to be

on track, Opening for Xmas 2013,what faith can both sets of fans have in what YCC,put out, seeing is believing.

If the council are offering a reduced rent and underwriting any losses - ill take it on.