Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fozzie

NEW COACH

83 posts in this topic

If we swapped him for Tansey we got a good deal.lol

If we swapped him for Tansey we got a good deal.lol

If we swapped Tansey for a bag of grass seed we would have got a good deal!!

I think Thornton did a good job at Batley, with limited resources.

Just look at what's happened since he's left.

Ahem...

Apologies for going back on my promise, but I hate shoddy journalism. I wonder who provided the writer with a collection of duff facts?

If we swapped Tansey for a bag of grass seed we would have got a good deal!!

I think you could have hit the nail on head there, Quote from last nite , game changed to earswick ground due to pitch maintenance , Bet they were laying new grass seed .

Apologies for going back on my promise, but I hate shoddy journalism. I wonder who provided the writer with a collection of duff facts?

Probably you shand from what i have seen your full of it. QUITE literally

Happy With Gary, think He will steady the ship, did a good job in my opinion at Batley and worked well on a small budget, what he will be working with us, at the Knights.

Welcome Gary and best of luck Mate.

As soon as I found out who the new coach was, I knew you'd be on here with your words of wisdom. He did a great job at Batley keeping them in this division (and competing) with hardly any money and has done a great job with the under 21's at Cas. At least 6 players have gone from their under 21s to first team since he's been in charge, so he obviously knows what he's doing with regards to youth development. Only person I've ever heard bad-mouth him is you.

I agree. Great news for York City Knights. He is well respected by players under him and those who know him. Done a cracking job at Cas Tigers in the Under 20's. Good luck to him I am sure York will do well and prosper under him.

I agree Garry Thornton has the quality to do a great job for the Knights but i think Harold has issues regarding Garry having said that Harold has always been a legend in his own mind anyway lol

As a neutral, I guess time will tell. Lets face it, he can't do much worse for you next year than how this year has gone so far.

Oh dear. Probaly the worst possible appoinment you could have made. Any promising young players should pack their bags before he saps all the talent from them. I wonder if he's started watchin videos of the opposition yet? His game plans were also great, especially the ones he handed out to disgruntled fans on A4 paper that included such insightful gems as 'Stuart Dickens is a big man who runs hard, keep an eye on him'. Seriously, I can tell you now that your club will regret this one.

is this the same GT that kept batley in this division in 2005 with winning the play off final against dewsbury at widnes ,short memories some people have

I agree Garry Thornton has the quality to do a great job for the Knights but i think Harold has issues regarding Garry having said that Harold has always been a legend in his own mind anyway lol

legend at what exactly, prey tell us all.oh yea slating clubs players and coaches,time he got in the real world .oh yea forgot to mention refereesv too

is this the same GT that kept batley in this division in 2005 with winning the play off final against dewsbury at widnes ,short memories some people have

Yeah that was a real feat. As I said in a previous post, the squads he had at his disposal in both 2004 AND 2005 were two of the best Batley have had, and were littered with quality part-time players. If you think winning a relegation play-off final by a single point against a team from a lower division - after a dire season that was the result of his own ineptitude, is a massive achievement, then you must truly be mental.

Yeah that was a real feat. As I said in a previous post, the squads he had at his disposal in both 2004 AND 2005 were two of the best Batley have had, and were littered with quality part-time players. If you think winning a relegation play-off final by a single point against a team from a lower division - after a dire season that was the result of his own ineptitude, is a massive achievement, then you must truly be mental.

Ahem...

That's my last post on this subject.

#

This is by far the most simple, but effective post on this topic, it says it all realy. Simon Hall please take on board what Harold is saying, and in 12 months time we will have a pint with yeh, and you too will adopt a number of Batley fans thinking. If many rugby league followers continue to think your new coach is an excellent coach, the game is in a bigger mess then I thought.

Cheers Bostic, boots made for walking!

Of available and affordable coaches I think he is probably the best option for the Knights.

GT left Batley 3 years ago, has done a very positive job at Cas and lots of things have changed since he last coached at this level, plus York is a very different club to Batley, so I suggest we all give him a chance to show his worth next season, then make our minds up.

He might not have turned Batley into world beaters when he was there but he kept them in the Championship, something no coach has done at York since we reformed

been mental a long time harold now ,tell me something i dont know

Of available and affordable coaches I think he is probably the best option for the Knights.

GT left Batley 3 years ago, has done a very positive job at Cas and lots of things have changed since he last coached at this level, plus York is a very different club to Batley, so I suggest we all give him a chance to show his worth next season, then make our minds up.

He might not have turned Batley into world beaters when he was there but he kept them in the Championship, something no coach has done at York since we reformed

Don't know to much about GT other than Gin and Tonic or Thorntons Toffee and Chocolate, but on a serious note he will be starting from a

blank sheet of paper lets see how he fills in the sheet in, surely he as the experience lets see if he as man management skills and be a good communicator.

i suspect most knights fans will give him 1 or 2 games to get it right !!

Didnt he win coach of the year while at Batley?, good choice now it's up to the fans to get behind him and help build a strong squad for next year.

Batley I am sure made the playoffs in 2004, because they beat Rochdale (for who I was playing for at the time) in the last game of the season. Whoever won that game went into the playoffs.

Played under GT at Batley and he was a very good coach with hardly any money to spend on players and like has been stated kept them in that division. Good luck Gaz all the best. Get behind him you guys.

We are behind him, its a few Batley fans (and someone who must have had his first born killed by GT. Or something.) that aren't...

Give the bloke a chance Batley fans may not like him but he's a knight now see how he goes can't do any worse than this season has gone.

Some Batley fans may not like him but the guy did a great job keeping them going on ###### resources.

I've a lot of time for GT. Give him a chance and i think he'll prove his worth for York