Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stag Fan

Hemel Stags ground updates (merged threads)

137 posts in this topic

Will you be having strippers????

Why you applying?

That concrete base looks very thin to be able to take the weight of a stand with a 400 capacity

That concrete base looks very thin to be able to take the weight of a stand with a 400 capacity

Construction spec is fine. The stand is constucted so that the weight is spread over so many points that there is no load bearing issues. For the techincal minded it is 150mm concrete with A142 reinforcing mesh & membrane, laid on a 350mm of type 2 and type 2 stone compacted.

As work progresses, next part is getting the seats installed in the next week or so.

In the next week or so? Haven't you got to construct the building with all the changing rooms, etc, as in the plans we saw oh here a couple of years(?) ago?

In the next week or so? Haven't you got to construct the building with all the changing rooms, etc, as in the plans we saw oh here a couple of years(?) ago?

From small acorns.

That is the foundation just for the seating.

Stag - are u planning to do any on-the-road games in Herts, e.g. at Stevenage or Luton? I work in Stevenage and know several RL fans at my workplace alone who live in Herts/Beds. I would guess there are quite a few potential RL fans in these places, and additionally local RU is very minor whilst the football teams are sleeping giants (Luton and Stevenage are really big populations).

Also as you know it is not possible to get across Herts from these large towns to Hemel using Trains.

Stag - are u planning to do any on-the-road games in Herts, e.g. at Stevenage or Luton? I work in Stevenage and know several RL fans at my workplace alone who live in Herts/Beds. I would guess there are quite a few potential RL fans in these places, and additionally local RU is very minor whilst the football teams are sleeping giants (Luton and Stevenage are really big populations).

Also as you know it is not possible to get across Herts from these large towns to Hemel using Trains.

If it's difficult to get to Hemel from these towns, what's the point in targeting them?

If it's difficult to get to Hemel from these towns, what's the point in targeting them?

A/ They are geographically close

B/ Lots of people live there

I'm not a civil engineer, but don't you have to build the grandstand structure and put the seating on top?

I'm sure all will become clear in the coming weeks.

I'm not a civil engineer, but don't you have to build the grandstand structure and put the seating on top?

I'm sure all will become clear in the coming weeks.

Not if the grandstand is not integral to the building. The seating was always going to be in front of any building, not on top.

On the road games would be for the board to deceide. But we will be targeting a radius around us, and as you know if we only target 10-15 miles that includes millions of people.

Not if the grandstand is not integral to the building. The seating was always going to be in front of any building, not on top.

Aha, that explains it - cheers!

On the road games would be for the board to deceide. But we will be targeting a radius around us, and as you know if we only target 10-15 miles that includes millions of people.

Good luck anyway. Will try and get to a game next year

What's the point in playing 'on the road' games? Build up a local fanbase.

GEDC0128.jpg

No spacer blocks keeping the reinforcement off the membrane and allowing the concrete to flow under the mesh ???

Can't have re bar sitting on the floor...minimum of 35mm cover on a job like that.

30 years as a steel fixer and never seen any thing like it :blink::D

No spacer blocks keeping the reinforcement off the membrane and allowing the concrete to flow under the mesh ???

Can't have re bar sitting on the floor...minimum of 35mm cover on a job like that.

30 years as a steel fixer and never seen any thing like it :blink::D

Was noticed and recitified.

Was noticed and recitified.

Good luck with the project..Nice to see the club going places.We had Troy helping out in Holland in 2006 so its nice to keep tabs on how his coaching career is doing.

Work has started on installing the seating. I will put up some pic's :) soon.