Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stag Fan

Hemel Stags ground updates (merged threads)

137 posts in this topic

Surprising how quick it goes up. B)

ooooh Matron, Carry On Scaffolding!!! :D

It will be great to see Hemel in CC1 next season. I met someone recently at a meeting with clubs and charities in Derbyshire that had been funded by the People's Health Trust. After I had done my bit he said "Rugby League - it's a great game". This somewhat surprised me from someone with a Southern accent but it turns out he played for years at Hemel and now lives in Kent working for the Youth Sport Trust. We had a good chat - I don't think he was making it up as he knew the chairman's name and Hemel's recent results.

There must be loads of people who have been involved at the club over 30 years who might be attracted in for the odd game, or to get involved in fund raising/merchandise etc. I hope Sheffield get drawn down there in the Cup so that old boy Jack Howieson can get a run out.

What is the cost of the structure shown and is it possible to put a roof over it at some future date?

I hope Chris Hamilton at Oldham is watching this thread ?

Well done guys great thread this. Maybe Barrow Raiders will draw you in a cup comp and we can come down and see it 1st hand ?

Lee

What is the cost of the structure shown and is it possible to put a roof over it at some future date?

Cost comes in at just under £50k, including the foundations. A roof can be put over it.

I hope Chris Hamilton at Oldham is watching this thread ?

Well done guys great thread this. Maybe Barrow Raiders will draw you in a cup comp and we can come down and see it 1st hand ?

Lee

Lee, even if we dont get you in a cup game come down and experience the Hemel welcome.

Good luck with the project..Nice to see the club going places.We had Troy helping out in Holland in 2006 so its nice to keep tabs on how his coaching career is doing.

I was on the same coaching course as Troy, A lovely guy I may add.

I was on the same coaching course as Troy, A lovely guy I may add.

Must have been a different Troy :lol:

This has been a most informative thread - a great job, and very very quick to put up. Did one contractor handle the whole job?

This has been a most informative thread - a great job, and very very quick to put up. Did one contractor handle the whole job?

One contractor did the foundations and a seating company has done the stand, I still can't believe how quick it has gone up.

One contractor did the foundations and a seating company has done the stand, I still can't believe how quick it has gone up.

It has been pretty impressive.

I wish Rovers would get a couple of these for the South End of Craven Park. Where did you manage to get such a good deal?

I wish Rovers would get a couple of these for the South End of Craven Park. Where did you manage to get such a good deal?

The foundations was done by a local company and the seating was from Slick Seating http://www.slick-seating.com/

All at Hemel should be very, very proud of these efforts. Well done.

Barr Steel a Scotish firm does of the peg strands

Great job!

Am I right that planning permission included a building behind the seats for dressing rooms?