Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stag Fan

Hemel Stags ground updates (merged threads)

137 posts in this topic

Just a quick question: don't the stadium requirements for Championship One specify covered seating, or at least some cover for spectators?

There is a minimum requirement, and the roof situation is in hand and should be completed over the next 8 weeks (fingers crossed)

Here is the stadium not far from my house and it is just a college stadium and its on a campus which mostly is just to the left of the stadium.

SunDevilStad.jpg

That's impressive, college "football" and basketball in the US is as big as many professional sports around the world, in terms of TV coverage and spectators.

That's impressive, college "football" and basketball in the US is as big as many professional sports around the world, in terms of TV coverage and spectators.

Largely because they are professional.

Here is the stadium not far from my house and it is just a college stadium and its on a campus which mostly is just to the left of the stadium.

SunDevilStad.jpg

Wouldn't get the club into Championship One - no roof!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Great job well done, small steps is the way to go both on and off the field. Is it just me or does that stand look like something you'd see at a US college campus?

Those of you who followed the beach volleyball at Horseguards Parade will have seen our very own stand there.

Largely because they are professional.

Ish. The players are supposed to be amateurs. But a lot of them do appear to have very nice cars and big houses that would be well out of the reach of the average student. I wonder why.

Far more importantly though, further progress was made at Pennine Way this weekend. Operation Clean Up Job is well underway!

Ish. The players are supposed to be amateurs. But a lot of them do appear to have very nice cars and big houses that would be well out of the reach of the average student. I wonder why.

Far more importantly though, further progress was made at Pennine Way this weekend. Operation Clean Up Job is well underway!

And a good start was made. Well done to those that helped.

They're going to have access to a crackin little ground once the roof is up.  I think Hemel could do well in the professional leagues.  They have started out with some grit on the field as well, which will help.

Thanks for the pictures.

Great little story this,a club that started laying foundations years ago and are now ready for the pro ranks.Hopefully its onwards and upwards for them and they continue to make the right decisions at the right times

The steels are up and the roof will be covered on Friday, winds permitting. All ready for Tuesday night visit by North Wales Crusaders.

BIDqVa1CAAE5EBJjpglarge_zps5d58b2d7.jpg

Sorry MH just noticed yoiu had started a seperate topic.

First we have been delayed by the very wet weather, and today the winds are high so the covering will go on Tomorrow (Friday).

Sorry MH just noticed yoiu had started a seperate topic.

No problem. I knew the roof was imminent so I've been keeping an eye on the Stag's Twitter and Facebook accounts. I noticed the photos this week but also that nothing had been posted here.

It has been a long term vision but the Stags are finally building themselves a rugby league stadium, and that is worth commenting on. The strength of Hemel's approach has always been about permanence. Building the clubhouse all those years ago was a statement that the club was there for the long term; it wasn't just a group of guys who formed a team that would fold when they collectively reached the end of their playing days. The stand is a similar bold act: we are in the semi-pro game, and we're here for good!

Is that it for ground development in terms of spectator facilities for the time being? Or are there any plans for covered terracing on the opposite side?

No problem. I knew the roof was imminent so I've been keeping an eye on the Stag's Twitter and Facebook accounts. I noticed the photos this week but also that nothing had been posted here.

It has been a long term vision but the Stags are finally building themselves a rugby league stadium, and that is worth commenting on. The strength of Hemel's approach has always been about permanence. Building the clubhouse all those years ago was a statement that the club was there for the long term; it wasn't just a group of guys who formed a team that would fold when they collectively reached the end of their playing days. The stand is a similar bold act: we are in the semi-pro game, and we're here for good!

Is that it for ground development in terms of spectator facilities for the time being? Or are there any plans for covered terracing on the opposite side?

Thats it on the spectator side, this week the turnstiles will be going in, then a video gantry on the far side will be next and just as important reinstatement of the site.

Thats it on the spectator side, this week the turnstiles will be going in, then a video gantry on the far side will be next and just as important reinstatement of the site.

Video gantry will be good. Showing the stand (and spectators) in all its glory will enhance the match coverage on DeeTV no end.

I'm so proud of Hemel, best thing to happen to RL since Brett Kenney signe door Wigan......so so so well done. Best of luck from everybody.

HH - part of the heartlands !

Roof is completed, gates for turnstiles have been put in. :)

Now to wind down ready for our trip to Wakey.

Roof is completed, gates for turnstiles have been put in. :)

Now to wind down ready for our trip to Wakey.

Its still a shame it couldn't be held at the Stags ground. Hopefully in time they will get to play a SL side at home.

The final rivet in the roof signifies the end of the major development of Pennine Way as a rugby league stadium. There just remains a few minor projects and a fair degree of landscaping and asthetic matters to complete the ground and give the sport in the South of England a unique facility of which it can be proud.

The development has come about as a result of vision and commitment from hardy volunteers and dedicated staff aided by contractors of varying ability and all financed largely by the Hemel Community Club's social club and local door-to-door street lottery. Sport England and Rugby League Facilities Trust funding was minor in comparison to the £450,000 the Community Club itself put in.

It took twenty years to achieve but now it's here!

Next year, we will host a Super League club in the Challenge Cup.

The final rivet in the roof signifies the end of the major development of Pennine Way as a rugby league stadium. There just remains a few minor projects and a fair degree of landscaping and asthetic matters to complete the ground and give the sport in the South of England a unique facility of which it can be proud.

The development has come about as a result of vision and commitment from hardy volunteers and dedicated staff aided by contractors of varying ability and all financed largely by the Hemel Community Club's social club and local door-to-door street lottery. Sport England and Rugby League Facilities Trust funding was minor in comparison to the £450,000 the Community Club itself put in.

It took twenty years to achieve but now it's here!

Next year, we will host a Super League club in the Challenge Cup.

That's an incredible achievement, something like £15,000 for every year that Hemel have been around. I can't imagine how it was done.