Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stag Fan

Hemel Stags ground updates (merged threads)

137 posts in this topic

So those that diligently walked round on cold nights collecting the lottery, somehow contributed to these wonderful ground developments. That must mean I can claim a rivet or two, I did meet my missus because of it and have now been married for 13 years and have two wonderful children. We will call it even....congrats Hemel

Hemel is an inspirational place to work. The work done by some truly incredible volunteers is second to none. The step into the professional ranks is down to their hard work.

We will have other chances to play Super League clubs. It is again an illustration of the seriousness of how the club views it's development that it agreed with the RFL that the Wakefield game couldn't be hosted at Pennine Way.

Hemel is an inspirational place to work. The work done by some truly incredible volunteers is second to none. The step into the professional ranks is down to their hard work.

We will have other chances to play Super League clubs. It is again an illustration of the seriousness of how the club views it's development that it agreed with the RFL that the Wakefield game couldn't be hosted at Pennine Way.

Why wasn't Pennine Way good enough now, but will be in future Challenge cups? Was it because the cup tie was so close to the ground improvements being completed? Hosting top clubs in the cup will be so important for the new semi-pro clubs, creating the tradition and history that will help them to establish themselves  in their communities. 

The completed stand is a fantastic achievement, and is a testament to the club's strength.

Guess it was too soon. They should get a few quid out of tonight's game and they seemed to enjoy it. They got a great reception from the Wakey fans, with "Hemel Stags, better than Cas" a particularly popular song!

Guess it was too soon. They should get a few quid out of tonight's game and they seemed to enjoy it. They got a great reception from the Wakey fans, with "Hemel Stags, better than Cas" a particularly popular song!

Correct the roof was only completed on Friday and the concrete pads needs topping up to ground level etc etc.

That chant was priceless.

Next year, we will host a Super League club in the Challenge Cup.

The balls heating up already?

The balls heating up already?

Our balls are always hot B)

How do - anyone got a photo of the new stand complete with roof that you'd be happy for me to use in my blog's preview of Sunday's game? 

How do - anyone got a photo of the new stand complete with roof that you'd be happy for me to use in my blog's preview of Sunday's game? 

I was just wondering that today. There's plenty of the stand without roof, some with the roof being erected but none (apparently) of it in all its glory.

Aye - and we like to put a pic on our weekly preview, so thought the stand avec roof would be perfect.

hemelroof_zps79751fb6.jpg

Now with roof!

Opps sorry missed this thread.