Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1976PMJwires

5K run on a treadmill

827 posts in this topic

I'm not a big fan of BMI if I'm honest; it is a very crude measurement of health. Throughout my playing career I was overweight/obese according to BMI but I was fit as a fiddle.

I get your view point and 90% of league players would be obese, however if your BMI score is coming down it can only be a good thing.

As you say it's crude and not a true reflection of measurements ( due to so many combinations ) , body fat % is a good one and waist measurements.

Miserable riding weather this morning and even worse tonight. 6 miles total and barely seems worth bothering. Barely a sweat broken but hoping to dodge the rain in the morning and get some serious distance done

Windswept but dry! Got 6.7 miles in this morning with a slight bit of rain. Windy tonight but got 10.7 miles in.

219 miles on the clock now this month.and weight falling fast.

Windswept but dry! Got 6.7 miles in this morning with a slight bit of rain. Windy tonight but got 10.7 miles in.

219 miles on the clock now this month.and weight falling fast.

Get in, nice one, new clothes shopping some time soon??

Get in, nice one, new clothes shopping some time soon??

Will need to pick a few bits up

Over the pigging moon

Liverpool half marathon - 1:43:24

Over 6 mins off my PB - love this thread, so many great stories and adventures taking place.

Happy weekend folks

Over the pigging moon

Over 6 mins off my PB - love this thread, so many great stories and adventures taking place.

Happy weekend folks

Congratulations!

Weekend in Manchester for me. 2 full days off the bike. 30-40 miles tomorrow.

Congratulations!

Weekend in Manchester for me. 2 full days off the bike. 30-40 miles tomorrow.

Thank you, enjoy today.... I'm still feeling sqiffy from a full session and back on it at lunch..... Feel like I deserve it

36.8 miles today. 256 for the month.500km target is in sight. My.legs hurt like hell but it was worth it!

Over the pigging moon

Happy weekend folks

Well done you. We were in Liverpool yesterday afternoon, lots of happy people wearing their medals knocking about.

I agree, one of the best threads that has ever been on here. Lots of good, inspiring stories. May it continue. 

It is dramatic to see the difference between now and the first few pages.

For myself, a full version of rugby league on Saturday.  Here is me getting tonked:

SteveDavyHitsBallUp.jpg

For myself, a full version of rugby league on Saturday.  Here is me getting tonked:

SteveDavyHitsBallUp.jpg

High tackle referee!!!

Who are you playing for there Steve?

For Copenhagen against Jutland.  And, to be fair to him, he had to go down as far as he could to tackle me at all.

For Copenhagen against Jutland.  And, to be fair to him, he had to go down as far as he could to tackle me at all.

It's the big lad in the scrum cap who is coming in to help with the tackle who I would worry about.

Well done you. We were in Liverpool yesterday afternoon, lots of happy people wearing their medals knocking about.

I agree, one of the best threads that has ever been on here. Lots of good, inspiring stories. May it continue.

Thanks Griff - an amazing day, great event and many friendly people.

Best event I've been to, really well organised ..... The medals are ace ( kiddy like I know, however I'm very proud of it)

I think this tread will continue as so many more poster are sharing their achievements!!

Doesn't matter what you do as long as you give it your best and a little more, you've always got another gear.....that's what makes the difference!!

SteveDavyHitsBallUp.jpg

Thanks bob8 - the difference is dramatic, many miles of can't, I'm going to stop or I'll do this if it kills me has payed off.

I'm now going to target 10k under 45mins and 1/2 marathon 1hr 40 ( big ask however it's achievable )

Great photo of you getting tanked, I guess you got him back later !!!

48km required to hit 500km for the month.

Wow, some effort, nice1, superb

Weather making me miserable today. Only a quick 3 mile sprint to work.through the rain. Squealing brakes and a squirming front wheel. Rain due to stop for five so a good ten to twelve mile blast for me tonight

I've set myself a target of being at least 2 stone lighter by my next birthday (my 40th) and at least one trouser size smaller. This is to be achieved through changing my diet/eating habits (not some fad diet) and sticking with the exercise. I've got the operation on my arm in two weeks and that may well see me out of action for a few weeks but I want to be back at the gym and playing badminton ASAP after the op.

I've been back at the gym now for 2 - 3 months and my fitness has definitely improved and I am lifting much bigger weights for a decent number of reps so happy enough with that and will stick with it but working from home I have far too much access to snack food (just one or two biscuits with a cup of tea etc...). The snacking has stopped or will be just fruit if really hungry, but the penny dropped when I realised that often I was getting to meal times and I wasn't particularly hungry but was eating for the sake of it as I had snacked not long before.

I need to work on these bad habits as they just became routine.

Completed my Facebook run challegne.

100 miles in the month of May

Did 100.5 miles - took me 14 runs to do so.

Made up, now going to have two weeks rest before I do my next three races.

Hope your still challenging your goals??

Completed my Facebook run challegne.

100 miles in the month of May

Did 100.5 miles - took me 14 runs to do so.

Made up, now going to have two weeks rest before I do my next three races.

Hope your still challenging your goals??

Congratulations!!

Ten miles needed for 500km. Dry weather due tomorrow so 25 miles planned.

Congratulations!!

Ten miles needed for 500km. Dry weather due tomorrow so 25 miles planned.

Thank you very much, what an achievement for you?? Some serious mileage.well done

Next months goal is??

Aim is 125 miles a week. So roughly 500 miles or 800km a month

Keep us in the loop, you've got my support.

This months target is hit! After this mornings ride to work this months total mileage is 504km, or in old money 315 miles