Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1976PMJwires

5K run on a treadmill

827 posts in this topic

I'll give you the 'no pubs' one, but 'no toilets'...?! If one of those bears you discuss can ###### in the woods, surely you can as well? Just hopefully not next to it... :)

I meant no lovely seats... the relaxing 10 minutes reading a book.... 

The plan was simple... Came back from Nepal at 120Kgs, lose another 10kgs, plenty of day hikes and a few multiday walks to get happy with my kit.  I've put on 16kgs, done 2 day walks and no multiday's....

I like doing things the hard way obviously...

I meant no lovely seats... the relaxing 10 minutes reading a book.... 

The plan was simple... Came back from Nepal at 120Kgs, lose another 10kgs, plenty of day hikes and a few multiday walks to get happy with my kit.  I've put on 16kgs, done 2 day walks and no multiday's....

I like doing things the hard way obviously...

Dig a hole man and squat... a 10-min read in a stress position! :)

Clearly no cuff is too tough for you BR! You'll be 'reet I am sure...

Pain is ok...its the blisters, bears, mountain lions, drought, forest fires, lightning, bears, no pubs, no toilets, hills, bears that worry me more...

Was in Yosemite for 3 days last week and drove past Mt Whitney on our way to Death Valley. I think the heat and altitude are the things you should be worrying about :-) Although there are plenty of forest fires in the area, all over TV news in California. Best of luck.

Pain is ok...its the blisters, bears, mountain lions, drought, forest fires, lightning, bears, no pubs, no toilets, hills, bears that worry me more...

Don't forget the bears!

Im in the zone for Saturdays Parkrun , 24.15 hopefully , happy with 24.30 -  25.00 would be good .

Im in the zone for Saturdays Parkrun , 24.15 hopefully , happy with 24.30 -  25.00 would be good .

Had a sore foot this week, so no idea what's going to happen tomorrow.

24.39 happy with time worked hard second lap . Off to Cayton bay now , bit of bodyboarding .

Back from Cayton , superb surf for bodyboarding , in the sea from about 9.30 until 3.30 ish  proper knackered .

Back from Cayton , superb surf for bodyboarding , in the sea from about 9.30 until 3.30 ish  proper knackered .

Kicked on from K10 Covered over 35miles this week on my bike not a massive amount but my legs and ###### can feel the pain . 24.15 calling at parkrun .

Went to the Sweatshop Running Club's interval training session last night. I hope to God it works in eventually reducing my 5K and 10K times because it was pretty intense!

Only 70 miles this week. Had the munchies so indulged a bit too. Weight steady after wembley so not too downhearted

Today marks one year since i got my bike. Ive ridden 1880 miles and lost 87lbs

Superb

Did 6km run last night for the first time since may. Managed a 5:15 average speed and didn't enjoy it.

Did 6km run last night for the first time since may. Managed a 5:15 average speed and didn't enjoy it.

That's pretty rapid for a training run. I can knock out 5k @4:30 pace pretty comfortably but the bulk of my training is around the 6:00/km mark.

Had 4 weeks in America, did very little running while there, succumbed to the waffles/pancakes breakfast with bacon on everything US diet. Amazingly, I seem to have lost half a stone, down to my lowest weight since the early 90s, so hoping for a few PBs to tumble in the next couple of months. 

And thats 2,000 miles up for the year

Impressive stuff, amazing weight loss too. Keep it up!

Been reading the posts and still smiling at the achievements, well done peeps.

Been sulking as I had another IT band issue, knee and hamstring have been sore and tight.

First run for 3 weeks yesterday, in fact first of anything for 3 weeks..... So as always I go straight at it as hard as I can.

8 mile run, hour yoga and a spin class - Monday

Double spin tonight. Feeling tight, but feeling great.

Half marathon in 12 days, everything crossed.

Half marathon in 12 days, everything crossed.

Is that the "English half-marathon" ? I love the description on their website "Runners will set off from Victoria Park and head towards the southern communities of South Warrington." Quite a few years since I've spent much time round there, but I seem to recall it being reasonably hilly around Appleton, Stockton Heath etc?

Good luck - never nice having an injury, especially when you've got a race coming up.

Random work patterns are really hampering my efforts at running lately. Did 5k today but no timing and was ok-ish (No way could I have done it before)

Just struggling with motivation I suppose.  Sciatica really stopped my progress, bloody thing.

Is that the "English half-marathon" ? I love the description on their website "Runners will set off from Victoria Park and head towards the southern communities of South Warrington." Quite a few years since I've spent much time round there, but I seem to recall it being reasonably hilly around Appleton, Stockton Heath etc?

Good luck - never nice having an injury, especially when you've got a race coming up.

It is indeed the EHM and yep a few hills, broad lane is a nice incline for 1.5 miles, early in the race and then right on 11 miles the canterlever bridge for the second time !!

Thanks for the well wishes

Random work patterns are really hampering my efforts at running lately. Did 5k today but no timing and was ok-ish (No way could I have done it before)

Just struggling with motivation I suppose. Sciatica really stopped my progress, bloody thing.

Sciatica is a terrible thing. I find that mine tends to get worse the less I exercise. Hard to get out and do something once it's set in good and proper though.