Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Swinton.Sun12thAug.3pm KO

Match Prediction   38 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Another Sunday afternoon to look forward to watching some great rugby from two solid teams.

Rovers will be out to prove they are better than the tight result against Swinton a few months ago.

Featherstone 48-14 Swinton

First Try - Tangi, Tangi Ropati, runs down the wing and scores a try

M.O.M - Briggs

Attendance - 2350

Fev 54 Swinton 16

1st Try Kainy

M.O.M Kainy {only because he was rested last friday}

ATT 2000 {As i dont think swinton will bring many as their season is over}

Fev 46-swinton 6

Mom Andy Kain

Att 2110

First try finn

First home match since Blackpool, reckon the team will be well up for it. However Swinton will be no push overs.

Score 32 6

MOM Ben Kaye for his ferocious tackling ( But will be given to Tangi as a welcome back)

first scorer Tangi

Attendance 1721

Fev 52 Swinton 18, disjointed performance but a win none the less

1st try Hardman

Mom Briggsy

Att 2345, which will look a lot less than that

Swinton nothing really to play for now, cant make the playoffs and cant finish any lower in the league, last weeks towelling at Batley suggests they might be focusing on next season

Fev 54 Swinton 24

1st try Ropati

MoM Briggs

ATT 2065

Blackpool o'a and done with.lads move on.Tangi back and firing,hopefully a fully fit and FOCUSED Briggsy can add that missing bit (+ Heppy in mix soon for business end)

Swinton for a battering in the sun

Fev 56 Swinton 12

att-2250

Fev 42 Swinton 8

1st Sam

Mom Chappell

Att 2148 (would of been 2150 but on mi jollies)

Also just been told we've got a special guest coming on Sunday, a certain Denise Geoffrey.

Wonder why she's coming! ;)

who is the ref please then i will predict score

Featherstone Rovers v Swinton Lions 3pm

Ref W Turley TJ J Lowery TJ M Hebblethwaite RR T Owen TJ Coach S Williams MC K Leyland

Hoping Swinton bring the form from last weeks trip to Batley and look as disinterested.

Rovers 68

Swinton10

MOM Briggs

1st try Smeaton

Att 2114 (the time of post)

Fantastic result

Fev 86-12 Swinton

MoM Tangi Ropati

Attendance - 2041 I think?

To be fair Swinton played well and never gave up, they never resulted to dirty tactics and played well throughout the game. Their tries were all well taken. The number 11 swinton player looked up after I shouted "well done Swinton" after their third try thinking I was being sarcastic but credit to every Swinton player they never gave up or stopped trying especiaily the blonde haired guy and their number 9 .

Credit to the referee also who let the game flow and contributed to a great game

To be fair Swinton played well and never gave up

Amazing how different we see a game

For me 'played well' and 'never gave up' dont belong in the same sentence for me - they got trounched 86-12

I thought Swinton were the worst team to come here this season (even worse than Hunslet) which is a shame as i expected better than they served up, they were so many times caught too narrow it was embarrassing at times and we consequently killed them out wide

No more than training session at times for our lads

For me 'played well' and 'never gave up' dont belong in the same sentence for me - they got trounched 86-12

I thought Swinton were the worst team to come here this season (even worse than Hunslet) which is a shame as i expected better than they served up, they were so many times caught too narrow it was embarrassing at times and we consequently killed them out wide

Thats a bit harsh.But im not saying its wrong or right im just saying i thought we were good today too though {Maybe the best we have played all season? I will leave that question for you guys as i could be wrong too}.

i happen to think their full back was a decent player, but it must have seemed like facing a firing squad today. every time we broke the line we seemed to have 3 on 1.i didn't envy him.

As A lions Fan i totally agree.!!!