Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Sheffield V Featherstone.Thurs16thAug.7.30pm

Match Prediction   45 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• Sheffield To Win
    • Featherstone To WIn
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

sheff 12 fev 28

1st try smeaton

mom kain

att 999

Sheffield 18 Featherstone 27

MOM= Smeaton

First Try= Worthington

ATT = 999

one hand on't Shield after to nite B)

tough game but fev will be focused-eagles 12 fev 32

att-1150,half cappers as per :rolleyes:

Ref is shocking totally shocking. Just gifted a try to them on the brink of half time after a 45 min half with no stopping apart from the video ref once or twice. Can't believe how well the lads have done against him. We must have twice as many rovers fans here then sheff fans how they support such a quality team on this crowd is beyond me.

I may have my blue and White goggles on, but he seems dreadfully inconstant. Fev did well to hold out in the first 10 mins against sustained pressure.

Watch for holding down hewer!

6-16 to fev!

Ref is shocking totally shocking. Just gifted a try to them on the brink of half time after a 45 min half with no stopping apart from the video ref once or twice. Can't believe how well the lads have done against him. We must have twice as many rovers fans here then sheff fans how they support such a quality team on this crowd is beyond me.

I may have my blue and White goggles on, but he seems dreadfully inconstant. Fev did well to hold out in the first 10 mins against sustained pressure.

Watch for holding down hewer!

6-16 to fev!

As a neutral refs not been too bad imo. Ball control of both teams has been poor so far and its been that rather than the ref which has lead to the points scored. Saxton has been quality for fev tonight so far :)

Can anyone confirm if thundergaz is at the game tonight?? :(

Every 50/50 and most 70/30 in Fevs favour went against us... as per usual.

Hewer is awful, as are 99% of them.

I dont know how he got a penalty for Sheff in last minute.... then again its obvious that he wanted to gift them the game.

So sorry you didn't win, when you where moving the ball about fast you had the beating of them, but once you went up and kick they had you.

Its funny how they let teams win the first half by a good few points then clout you back hard, strange to say the least, it wouldn't do my heart any good.

Cheers Roger.

Thought hewer was much better in the second half and a draw was affair result, We were no better than them in the match. Some cracking tries scored from both sides... Sheffield keep the ball alive very well.

We need a win next week don't we now... Come on fev!

Come on Leigh, give fax a tonkin tomorrow and make nbext week a formality :P

Then again I would rather win it on our own merit.

Good result for both sides ,

referee did nothing wrong tonight. senior players giving silly penalties away didn't help, and how come they kept scooting from dummy half when we had 2 markers. markers have a job to do, not go there for a rest.

referee did nothing wrong tonight. senior players giving silly penalties away didn't help, and how come they kept scooting from dummy half when we had 2 markers. markers have a job to do, not go there for a rest.

spot on, our markers werent aware and alert on a few occasions , henderson exploited it a few times

I'll never understand the decision to run the ball from a penalty under the posts when leading 16 - 0. Kick the goal and they have to score four times. We lost the GF against Halifax through the same thing, thought we'd have learned a lesson from that.

reluctant to pin point individuals ,on big decision making and niggly errors coming from players of experience ,but tiredness and giving 110% every game could be having its effect .

reluctant to pin point individuals ,on big decision making and niggly errors coming from players of experience ,but tiredness and giving 110% every game could be having its effect .

defending those penalties in the first 20 is bound to have an effect in the last 20

We didnt deserve to win, but had the game won at 28-18, we let them back into it with silly errors and descision making

The weeks rest has come at a good time for us, a few can recharge the batteries as tiredness looks to be creeping in

We will certainly be refreshed for Keighley

defending those penalties in the first 20 is bound to have an effect in the last 20

exactly it also killed us at blackpool ,it needs addressing if we get to the gf , but weve got the main title" league leaders" (for me ) for the 3rd year in the bag just about,no diss respect to keighley intended. but sure dp whose the best coach weve ever had in my opinion wil have it covered,

Looked to me as if we had to play the second half with only 2 subs as both Chappell and England didn't appear after halftime. Not too disappointed with a bit more work in defence, we may have snatched it.

Im not putting up with that back chat on this forum! im gonna buy a Wakefield season ticket... that'll show you :angry:

Can anyone confirm if thundergaz is at the game tonight?? :(

No im afraid - someone left the baby gate latch on in his house and he couldnt get down the stairs

Beeeatch's are out tonight with their catty comments! :)

I have got to say I have been impressed with the discipline of other teams, we are one of the best teams in the league as the table shows, yet despite this teams are managing to stay with us and barely commit an infringement. It is truly inspiring!!!

For a team to only commit 3 offences in the whole game either technical or foul play is special!!!

Now sarcasm apart sheffield were getting off the floor much quicker than us hence giving enabling them to scoot from dummy half and making our markers look lazy. For me that is something that needs addressing I think we have to take it on ourselves to get up quicker cos we certainly are not going to get any penalties for holding down.

It was also interesting that Sheffield got pinged twice for offside in 5 mins yet were never offside the rest of the match. Oh and not forgetting the touch judge for coming on and spotting Stuart had his arm round the tackled players throat, he should be commended because his interventions clearly had an effect on the Sheffield players as they did not touch a player above the shoulder all game!!! top marks to Mr hewer for not splitting hairs over the old being carried into touch rule, they carried us in to touch after he had shouted held and we got a PLAY THE BALL five yards back, cant grumble with that, very generous. And off course it would have he had to pull Greg for that horrific tackle in the air as unlike the one in the first half were Tangi was tackled in the air, Gregg used his left arm ! Silly lad he should know its fine to have a little grab as long as its the right arm, hes young so he will learn.

also in the last minute when he gave a pen to sheff for their Knock on again fair call, its just not british grabbing hold of some one trying to deal with such a tricky ball.

And what was the Video ref doing at the end talking Hewer out of giving them a penalty after the final whistle, I thought that was very tough on Sheffield and Hewers lack of courage cost them :lol:

I have got to say I have been impressed with the discipline of other teams, we are one of the best teams in the league as the table shows, yet despite this teams are managing to stay with us and barely commit an infringement. It is truly inspiring!!!

For a team to only commit 3 offences in the whole game either technical or foul play is special!!!

Now sarcasm apart sheffield were getting off the floor much quicker than us hence giving enabling them to scoot from dummy half and making our markers look lazy. For me that is something that needs addressing I think we have to take it on ourselves to get up quicker cos we certainly are not going to get any penalties for holding down.

It was also interesting that Sheffield got pinged twice for offside in 5 mins yet were never offside the rest of the match. Oh and not forgetting the touch judge for coming on and spotting Stuart had his arm round the tackled players throat, he should be commended because his interventions clearly had an effect on the Sheffield players as they did not touch a player above the shoulder all game!!! top marks to Mr hewer for not splitting hairs over the old being carried into touch rule, they carried us in to touch after he had shouted held and we got a PLAY THE BALL five yards back, cant grumble with that, very generous. And off course it would have he had to pull Greg for that horrific tackle in the air as unlike the one in the first half were Tangi was tackled in the air, Gregg used his left arm ! Silly lad he should know its fine to have a little grab as long as its the right arm, hes young so he will learn.

also in the last minute when he gave a pen to sheff for their Knock on again fair call, its just not british grabbing hold of some one trying to deal with such a tricky ball.

And what was the Video ref doing at the end talking Hewer out of giving them a penalty after the final whistle, I thought that was very tough on Sheffield and Hewers lack of courage cost them :lol:

i hope Daryl doesn't see the game in the same light, otherwise he will never address the faults.