Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Sheffield V Featherstone.Thurs16thAug.7.30pm

Match Prediction   45 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

• Sheffield To Win
    • Featherstone To WIn
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

72 posts in this topic

i hope Daryl doesn't see the game in the same light, otherwise he will never address the faults.

Kellington's daftest said exactly the same last night. Sometimes he gets stuff right! Amazing!!! :lol:

Apart from the king of refs Warren Turley, the refs weve had have been god awful.

Last night was no different, theyre only watching Fev.

I lost count how many times they used the neck as a lever (and putting in a chicken wing style grapple on Maloney) but the poison dwarf isnt interested in watching for these.

But hey, as long as we have good enough linesmen to run onto the pitch to tell the ref that a player is holding down and headbutting oppositions boots, who am I to complain.

Well, I watched the game again on TV when I got home and In my opinion Mr Hewer got every penalty decision spot on. At times we are our own worst enemy and last night was one of them. 16-0 up and refusing a kick at goal in front of the posts followed shortly after by a clear ball steal which led to their first try, set the rot in.

its the inconsistency amongst the refs thats getting me down-last night had two or thjree glaring inconstencies which ultimately cost us along with a pi88 poor ten minute spell in second half

Well, I watched the game again on TV when I got home and In my opinion Mr Hewer got every penalty decision spot on. At times we are our own worst enemy and last night was one of them. 16-0 up and refusing a kick at goal in front of the posts followed shortly after by a clear ball steal which led to their first try, set the rot in.

I agree with this Terry. The decisions he made you couldn't on the whole argue with BUT he was let down by his touch judges. As a little exercise I counted 7 p-t-bs on the trot that Henderson never made it back to the defensive line. This was out of many others. He turned about a yard short and was off like a whippet. With his red head gear he stands out quite well and I can't believe that the TJs didn't pick up on this.

Mind you I also think if Premier had had a camera coming over my shoulder Mr Smith might not have been so understanding about my view of Andy's hand on the defenders back. :rolleyes:

I agree with this Terry. The decisions he made you couldn't on the whole argue with BUT he was let down by his touch judges. As a little exercise I counted 7 p-t-bs on the trot that Henderson never made it back to the defensive line. This was out of many others. He turned about a yard short and was off like a whippet. With his red head gear he stands out quite well and I can't believe that the TJs didn't pick up on this.

Mind you I also think if Premier had had a camera coming over my shoulder Mr Smith might not have been so understanding about my view of Andy's hand on the defenders back. :rolleyes:

the TJs are responsible for offside at the ptb, but you can stand offside all night long and as long as you don't become involved you won't be called offside. stupid rule, but it is the rule.

I complained about some decisions that the ref made but when watching it on tv they were correct although he did miss some Its funny how you see it different when you watch it on TV As for the off side henderson didn't get back most of the night and he never does but gets away with it. But I don't blame the ref for it the touch judges should help him out with that rule Anyway it's gone now onwards and upwards for the last match

the TJs are responsible for offside at the ptb, but you can stand offside all night long and as long as you don't become involved you won't be called offside. stupid rule, but it is the rule.

Believe me Andrew Henderson was getting involved. Many refs will blow immediately if you turn early and don't make the ten. Some will wait to see if there is interference. I don't blame Henderson. You get away with what you are allowed, but IMO it affected the game. If I had been a neutral it would almost have been funny because he stood out like a swan vesta in a box of tooth picks.

Believe me Andrew Henderson was getting involved. Many refs will blow immediately if you turn early and don't make the ten. Some will wait to see if there is interference. I don't blame Henderson. You get away with what you are allowed, but IMO it affected the game. If I had been a neutral it would almost have been funny because he stood out like a swan vesta in a box of tooth picks.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

me too.

In fact I hardly noticed the ref.

Watched the game back myself last night and yes the decisions he made were mostly spot on.......It's the blatant offside and holding down by Sheffield that Hewer chose to ignore that annoyed me!

......because he stood out like a swan vesta in a box of tooth picks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how the votes for a draw have gone up since this morning.

You know who you are .........

Anybody see any fighting by the way ? There's something on our forum about a minor skirmish i't'stand. :mellow:

Anybody see any fighting by the way ? There's something on our forum about a minor skirmish i't'stand. :mellow:

The bandwagon needs jumping on.

It's not so much the penalties he gave, but what irritates me us the ones he chose not to give. As others have said we need consistency. I accept we are no angels and that at the penalties awarded were justified, but look for equal treatment of incideMrs.

Funny how the votes for a draw have gone up since this morning.

You know who you are .........

Aye up I predicted a 22=22 draw I need some sort of recognition

It's not so much the penalties he gave, but what irritates me us the ones he chose not to give. As others have said we need consistency. I accept we are no angels and that at the penalties awarded were justified, but look for equal treatment of incideMrs.

Story of the 2012 season.

Featherstone will have to start buying penalties.

Aye up I predicted a 22=22 draw I need some sort of recognition

SORRY Phil its been another busy week. Top prediction

Story of the 2012 season.

Featherstone will have to start buying penalties.

Get down to the doctors and tell him about that paranoia. :wacko:

Let's be honest - if Hewer had wanted Fev to lose, he could have given that penalty after the hooter. How smart a piece of play was that, with the official time showing clearly in the stand ?

no fear, the doctor's got it in for him as well :unsure:

no fear, the doctor's got it in for him as well :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: