Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Premier Sports 2013

99 posts in this topic

Feel for you all as I know how they muck you around over there with the NRL. Channel 9 is free to air for us,just have to put up with Rabbits and Gus,and when the NRL is on Fox Sports,just nip down to Tweed Heads Seagulls for a few schooners and watch the game(s). Yep,I know where I`d rather be!!

Says on Premier Sports Facebook page they are hoping to have some news in the next two weeks about showing NRL,we should know before the all stars game.

I emailed premier sports this week and i got a reply yesterday:

We should know in the next 2 weeks about the NRL. Given the All-Star game is

on the 9th Feb a decision by the rights holder will have to be taken sooner

rather than later.

We hope to secure the rights once more but are as in the dark as you are

currently.

Having said that selling to PSTV will surely be preferable to not selling it to anyone - Some money is better than nothing. Do we know of any other British TV company who is not only interested but is in the bidding for showing NRL in 2013?

I'd be happy for PS to keep the coverage. The number of games shown week in week out last season was excellent. My only caveat being - as long as they don't hike the price up again.

I know some watch online. My preference is to watchvia aerial or satellite dish on the big screen (not in a cabled area).

Having said that selling to PSTV will surely be preferable to not selling it to anyone - Some money is better than nothing.

Unless they think they can make more money with the online stuff rather than TV

is premier sports worth £9.99 a month for just one championship game a week? i don't think it is. IMO they need to get the nrl games to justify rl fans subscribing.

is premier sports worth £9.99 a month for just one championship game a week? i don't think it is. IMO they need to get the nrl games to justify rl fans subscribing.

It depends on the individual but for me I haven't put it on once since the season finished. So if they don't get the NRL I'll be cancelling.

Not really worth the money just for championships games this season,should hear some news soon with a bit of luck.

I get it for the NRL alone the Championship games are a bonus,no way will I be subscribing again if they fail us!

I'll be gutted if they don't get it though,best RL action around bar none!

I get it for the NRL alone the Championship games are a bonus,no way will I be subscribing again if they fail us!

I'll be gutted if they don't get it though,best RL action around bar none!

Im the same, fingers crossed they keep it!

Im the same, fingers crossed they keep it!

Same here i will be cancalling my subscription if premier sports fail to get the rights , shame they dont have the footy show as i really enjoyed it.

rather than later.

currently.

Never mind the Countdown to the NRL 2013,I'm more interested in the Prem sports countdown!

Aaaaarrrrrgh,how frustrating is it!

rather than later.

currently.

As you can see from Big Lad's posting (11th Jan) they've been saying they should know in two weeks time for most of January

Here's what is posted on Premier Sports TV web site today:

NRLRightsUPdate_zpsef81ed32.jpg

So the bad news is we don't know if and when they will get the rights.

The good news? Well maybe if they do get the rights we might know where we stand until 2017.

Here's what is posted on Premier Sports TV web site today:

NRLRightsUPdate_zpsef81ed32.jpg

So the bad news is we don't know if and when they will get the rights.

The good news? Well maybe if they do get the rights we might know where we stand until 2017.

Yeah I saw this,it does say 2/3 weeks and they are in the third week week now,so hopefully by Friday we may know either way?

The live sport TV online streaming doesn't look much cop to me,has anybody had it?

Yeah I saw this,it does say 2/3 weeks and they are in the third week week now,so hopefully by Friday we may know either way?

The live sport TV online streaming doesn't look much cop to me,has anybody had it?

I have Live TV Online Streaming - it's Ok for me (sometimes can play up) I can go back and replay any of last years match's if I want also I can watch it when I want on my terms I think it is Ok but depends on the individual.

I watched online recordings three seasons ago as a subscriber, but the quality wasn't as good and there was a delay in seeing the games.

OK that's not the same as streaming, but not everybody has a good enough internet speed to get frustration free viewing of streamed games.

I spoke to premier sports today(0871 663 9000) and they said they'll know next week. I explained that I'd no idea there was a chance of them not covering NRL in the coming season and if I'd known I would have cancelled my subscription thro' the winter and re applied if and when they decided to cover NRL.

When I explained that I watched nothing other than RL on the channel he knocked my subscription down to £3.99 per month for the next 3 months, Better than a kick in the butt.

Anyone taking out a subscription with Premier Sports should take a look at the Lovebowls.com website. They are covering bowls on PS this year and are offering a full years subscription for £80. All the links for subscribing are on there and £20 of your £80 goes to a bowls club of your choice for youth development. If they get NRL then that's a good package price.

the suspense is killing me! It's taking a little of the excitement off the start of the NRL season not knowing how I'm going to be watching it.

I'm not sure ESPN are going to keep their current sports channels in the UK, it's still undecided apparently so I doubt they've bid - if they have and they win then I guess it means they're staying! BT Sports dont launch until July,I think, so it's not them. I guess that leaves Sky and Premier. If they had the same amount of games per week then I'd prefer it to be Sky (Premier's picture quality on a larger screen is very poor, well it is on my tv anyway) but I doubt they would show that many.

C'mon tv rights people - put us out of our misery!

I hope it stays with Premier Sports so I can get my fix of 5/6 games a week. If Sky were to get it we'd be lucky to see 2 (delayed) games a week unless they are looking to fill up their F1 channel.

Not sure what is happening with all this but the Livesport.tv says that they will be not showing the 2013 NRL Season

http://www.nrl.livesport.tv/home

I was all ready for it to begin but now am in the same boat as every one else just waiting for some news and will then sign up :wub:

If we take a look at the options here -

Premier Sports - They signed up for a 3 year deal last time, so a 4 year one isn't totally out of the question. It depends with the new rights negotiators if they are playing hardball or not. Premier may well have got them for dirt cheap last time - plus it was technically sharing with Sky. We don't know how well they do in the viewing figures, but I guess a lot of people subscribe to them purely for RL.

ESPN - Unlikely. It's quite likely ESPN UK is set to wind down it's operation here (ESPN America and Classic will probably stay). It looks like they are going to sell their last major rights - the FA Cup with 1 year left to run - to BT.

BT- Unknown quantity - NRL would be cheap (for them) filler. They won't particularly care that their channel will launch in the middle of the NRL season, as they'll have the playoffs and Grand Final to launch with. That said, I think it's not exactly likely but their strategy has been hard to predict so it can't be ruled out.

SKY - They love the big events - State of Origin, playoffs, final - but don't seem to be interested enough to commit to the whole year. It could well be Sky are trying to wangle the same share deal as the past three years, but the negotiators may want an "all or nothing" stance. Pure speculation, but it would be interesting to see if Sky got the whole season for the big games at a price which would be cheap for them, but out of the reach of Premier.

Interesting to see what will happen, although the delay in an announcement implies there could be interest from other parties.

Ive seen Premier sports tweets that its 80/20 in favour of them retaining the NRL coverage and it would take a bit of a curveball for it not to stay with them.

Im hoping they can sort it in time for them to show the All Stars game on Saturday, Ive noticed that there is an NRL sized gap in their schedule for saturday morning where it currently states there is nothing scheduled. There are programmes before and after this 2 hour unscheduled slot though!

Fingers crossed!!