Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyram

Premier Sports 2013

99 posts in this topic

I saw somewhere else that they'd know on Friday evening - bit short notice. I'd really really rather be able to watch in HD but if they do show all 8 games per round as I think they've suggested they will then I cant complain! What I did think was a bit naughty was that I notice their full page ad in RL World says 'LIVE NRL' and then gives you the number to subscribe - tsk tsk

I know it'd never happen but it'd be great if a freeview terrestial channel picked them up, show the country the gulf between the nrl and that boring old 6 nations <rude word here>. Then again there's no accounting for other people's bad taste....

Ive seen Premier sports tweets that its 80/20 in favour of them retaining the NRL coverage and it would take a bit of a curveball for it not to stay with them.

Im hoping they can sort it in time for them to show the All Stars game on Saturday, Ive noticed that there is an NRL sized gap in their schedule for saturday morning where it currently states there is nothing scheduled. There are programmes before and after this 2 hour unscheduled slot though!

Fingers crossed!!

I think they're using the Premier Sports Extra channel (430) for 3 hours on Saturday morning - Irish football is showing on there between 7 and 10 am. I believe they have to use the second channel for a minimum number of hours per week, otherwise they lose the slot on the EPG which they might want to use more fully at a later point.

Having said all that, all the shows on Saturday morning appear to be re-runs - nothing that couldn't be moved at the last minute. They're still saying that we should hear something this week. I'm not too bothered if I miss the All-Stars game, but the prospect of being able to pick from all 8 matches would be worth the wait.

I saw somewhere else that they'd know on Friday evening - bit short notice. I'd really really rather be able to watch in HD but if they do show all 8 games per round as I think they've suggested they will then I cant complain! What I did think was a bit naughty was that I notice their full page ad in RL World says 'LIVE NRL' and then gives you the number to subscribe - tsk tsk

I know it'd never happen but it'd be great if a freeview terrestial channel picked them up, show the country the gulf between the nrl and that boring old 6 nations <rude word here>. Then again there's no accounting for other people's bad taste....

Presumably the ad in RLW is pre booked for so many editions, and no-one has bothered to update it. It's still got all the old logos and refers to the Co-Op Championships.

Hope I'm wrong,but hearing on twitter that B.T Vision might be getting the N.R.L this season,not a happy bunny !!

Hope I'm wrong,but hearing on twitter that B.T Vision might be getting the N.R.L this season,not a happy bunny !!

I hope not, really like the exposure Premier Sprts give the NRL and cant see BT doing the same. But if it moves then its down to costs, ill cancel my Premier Sports subsription, and BT Sports will be available on Sky (apparently its listed at the moment as Sailing 1 and Sailing 2 on Sky channels in the 440s) so if the costs are similar then ill just move across.

Given that BT are going to be showing some Premier League matches though means im expecting it to be more, so I guess its down to how desperate I am for NRL on my TV. Really really enjoyed last season but not sure I can justify much of an increase in costs.

Last I heard BT weren't going to launch until July so if they do get the rights we might not be seeing the first 4 months of the season on tv.Unless they sell that on to Premier. If they don't resell it though then I believe we can see every game live,for free,online as the nrl are doing that this year for countries without tv coverage

I hope it stays with Premier but if BT Sport do get the rights, they would need to show the majority of the games each week to justify me becoming a customer.

I hope it stays with Premier but if BT Sport do get the rights, they would need to show the majority of the games each week to justify me becoming a customer.

if BT do get the rights, then i hope they get the rights for the champ also, could not be doing with having 3 separate subscriptions to watch 3 different leagues, seems a bit stupid, plus that would mean id probably end up forking out £60+ a month to watch them,. :angry:

The NRL All-Star game will shown delayed in fulll on Premier tomorrow at 11:15am. EPG will be updated shortly. Other news regards NRL is expected next week.

the electronic programme guide (epg) is now showing the all stars game for 11.15am on prem sports (that is not live though??)

^beat me to it^ :lol:

For anyone wanting to watch the NRL Allstars game tomorrow not via UStream, its being shown in full on a delayed showing at 11.15am on Premier Sports. They have just tweeted this.

We were due an announcement today on NRL rights, and now it's aparently been but back again....until weds now.

We were due an announcement today on NRL rights, and now it's aparently been but back again....until weds now.

apparently we will be able to watch it on a setanta app!

They're rights holders are really playing hardball with this! :angry:

IMG were a part of the deal that guaranteed NRL coverage in the UK 'market' - as well as USA etc.

I still hope it will be on a television channel, not just online via streaming or recordings.

They're rights holders are really playing hardball with this! :angry:

IMG were a part of the deal that guaranteed NRL coverage in the UK 'market' - as well as USA etc.

I still hope it will be on a television channel, not just online via streaming or recordings.

Agreed. Not everybody has a great stream all of the time, besides seeing as myself I like to record Fridays games to watch when I get home from graft.

Is it available on iPad?

unfortunately no. Love my five quid a month sky sports on my ipad ;) nrl would be perfect

unfortunately no. Love my five quid a month sky sports on my ipad ;) nrl would be perfect

£5 a month,tell me more jannerboyuk?