Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Hunslet Hawks and Leeds Rhinos announce exciting new partnership

169 posts in this topic

Yawn!!!!!!

Isn't there a whino site you can go on???

Is that it,no indepth explanation as to why you are willing to walk away from your club.

Technically this is now a Rhinos site.Partnership and all that. ;)

I don't have to explain myself to anyone and Deff not a whino. This is a Hunslet forum and always will be

I don't have to explain myself to anyone and Deff not a whino. This is a Hunslet forum and always will be

PMSL.

I look forward to more visits to SLS next season,to see my new second favourite team,should be fun if they are all like you.

Wont Hunslet be moving into Headingley now?, bet you will all be wearing your Rhino tops in Morrisons on Sunday when your first teams wins on Saturday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not really happy about this one,remember what happened to Bramley,the only reason Hetherington wants this one is because there is'nt enough leagues for all his players to play in,what with RFL (Red Hall) moving the goal posts once again.........At the end of the day the games f£$&3d in all leagues,just goes to prove that championship clubs ar'nt well thought of,Leeds are only doing this because theres somethink in it for them,...remember James Lowes

Beginning of the end, and a massive kick in the teeth to all those loyal fans who have helped your club survive testing times over the last decade or so. As Blackbeard recalls, Leeds teamed up with Bramley as a vehicle to keep their squad players fit and involved in competitive rugby. Look what happened to them......

Blackboard and haroldshand I echo your comments! The beginning of the end!

If I ever turn up at sls and see glassback bailey playing for hunslet I'll be walking out and never returning

not big fn of his then macca ? silly question i guess

not big fn of his then macca ? silly question i guess

Not a fan of his at all Barry. He's always 3rd or 4th man in with a cheap shot. He's nothing short of a thug. Makes gareth hock look like a top bloke

At end of day with no finacial backing behind us there is not many options open to club really think people should get behind club and see what happens I haven't being to many games this season so can't really comment on how good we have being but from reading on here seems like no one wants to put with a another season like it so without a cash injection what other options is there?

Not a fan of his at all Barry. He's always 3rd or 4th man in with a cheap shot. He's nothing short of a thug. Makes gareth hock look like a top bloke

Dont worry hes not likely ever to play for Hunslet as it will only be fringe players that do.

Its a pity you dont have players like him as your defence might tighten up.

p.s. Not a Rhinos fan

Dont worry hes not likely ever to play for Hunslet as it will only be fringe players that do.

Its a pity you dont have players like him as your defence might tighten up.

p.s. Not a Rhinos fan

I honestly think he'd spend most of the season banned if he played in the championship. S/l players seem to get away with a lot more than championship players

Could be worse you could have joined up with Bramley, becoming a pair of has beans

Pity you didnt do this a couple of months ago, you could have had Webb as your fullback, shame he's leaving the Rhinos. :lol: :lol:

Leeds have nothing to gain from this so just accept it, as we will be using some of their players, that's all. Who would Leeds want of ours?

How can HIST go through with this?

Sold the club down the river, the I in HIST is supposed to stand for independent.

How been in a so-called partnership with Leeds be classed as independent.

The S is supposed to stand for supporters, no real Hunslet fan would want to be in a partnership with Leeds

The T is supposed to stand for trust, I wouldn't trust Leeds in any involvement with Hunslet

RIP Hunslet Hawks 1973 - 2012

wow 40 odd posts on this topic alone the forums never been so active cant wait for next season to start what the starting line ups will be is anyones guess but the place is buzzing with optimism will it have a bearing on season ticket sales who knows and what will the comments be if the Hawks are up there pushing for Featherstones title lol.

'Can't think why anyone would want to closely associate themselves with a rival team that everyone hates & has hated for years! Doesn't make sense.

Why are the other committee members agreeing to it? '

'Why no meeting to ask the members'.

'Why have the board not asked the members, they are just doing what they want without accountability'.

Just a few comments from genuine fans who loved the club - I'm sure there are a lot more who feel justifiably aggrieved at the total lack of communication and democracy displayed in this arrogant act.

As has been said previously 'the fans are the club' and they appear to have been totally ignored. I may not be a member of HIST but am a season ticket holder and follow the team away as well as home so am a stakeholder - therefore express my concern at this action .

I suggest you all stop throwing your toys out of the pram and see the partnership for what it really is...

yes why has this been agreed without hist asking its members

i have not this year paid my membership

so really i had no vote, but all the others who have paid will want to ask why no meeting to ask the members view

hist members pay and all members receive 1 vote

so my question stands

I'm not sure what to make of this really. Part of me is screaming NO!!!! and the other is thinking it might be the only way forward.

Much as it loathes me to accept any sort of "charity" from Hetherington what options have we got?

We can't survive on 400ish people attending per week and if we were to get relegated next season then I seriously think it would be the end of the club. There's no "Sugar Daddy" coming along anytime soon to plough money in so inevitably we're going to struggle to attract the calibre of player required to keep us up. I'd guess clubs will be throwing money at the playing budget next year to avoid relegation, we can't.

So with that in mind this is probably the best way forward. Hopefully we can improve the playing staff, coaching merchandising etc. If the team can be more competitive and attract more bums on seats then hopefully success will breed future success.

I do think the club or HIST need to clarify the details of the partnership. Leeds United have proven that if you don't communicate people just speculate and rumours spread without foundation.

That's a brilliant post and i'm in full agreement with it.

"claryfying the details of the partnership" is essential to understanding what this is all about.

On the main forum it was suggested that this was nothing new, and that York were doing it.

Alarmingly York are below us in the table, and one York fan commented that the tie up (with Hull and cas?) "ruined their season".

This tie up needs to give some sort fillip to the club to keep them out of the "league of death" all other small traditional clubs are busting their guts to stay out of.

Even then I fear that to provide the club with players to keep the club in the Championship will end up with the club being more like Leeds "A".

But then again fears, hopes and comments are pretty throwaway stuff when surely the agreement has some sort of detail??

Can anyone help??

Alarmingly York are below us in the table, and one York fan commented that the tie up (with Hull and cas?) "ruined their season".

Its only alarming if you read it out of context. What I actually said was:

To be fair, if York had the same 4 lads on dual-reg week in week out this season, they probably wouldn't be bottom of the league.

York perhaps foolishly relied on dual-reg for a scrum half this season, resulting in Chris Thorman having no less than 9 (nine!) half back partners.

SL club recalls and injuries have ruined this season for York. I'd like to see them less reliant on it next year in such a prominent position.

And followed it up with:

Dual reg can be a good thing if used in the right way, but to be honest I didn't see anything wrong with month/season long loan deals. At least everybody knows where they are with a loan deal.

When York and Leeds had a partnership it was reasonably beneficial to both parties. Leeds gave us a full time Coach in Mick Cook as well as young players such as Peter Fox, Jason Golden & Austin Buchanan and in return they got Ian Kirke off us (whom was also training full time at Leeds while playing for York). Plus the obligatory annual pre-season friendly.

If Hunslet get something similar then I really don't see what they have to complain about... I also don't see why Gary Hetherington constantly gets labelled as the bad guy. He most certainly isn't.

And followed it up with:

And followed it up with:

just sk the same Qto the eagles, they will give u an answer

Albert Goldthorpe will be turning in his grave

We've swept the seas before boys, unfortunately we never will again as Hunslet RLFC

Hunslet Rhinos onwards & upwards

Shocking

My God your ranting posts are unbelievable.

Firstly many Hunslet players have gone to Headingley over the decades, its time some came the other way & secondly I think you will find Albert Goldthorpe would have nothing to say, as to my knowledge two of his brothers who played for the Parksiders went on to play for Leeds as well including James who was secretary for Leeds.

Finally many clubs have taken advantage of this type of relationship, why not us, why should our club, who are not in the rudest of health not take advantage of this scheme? Pride goes before a fall, and I don't want Hunslet to take the fall. We have nothing that Leeds wants, but we can learn a lot from the way they run a club and their marketing expertise.

This is only a partnership not a merger. I can't say I'm doing cartwheels about them over the river having anything to do with us but if it's the onlyway we can keep going then were all just gonna have to accept it and move on