Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Hunslet Hawks and Leeds Rhinos announce exciting new partnership

169 posts in this topic

I agree Rick that there will be speculation and rightly so, but i find it hard to see how people can instantly moan about an issue were non of the FACTS have yet to be released. Il say it again, wait until the full details are announced and then make a level headed judgement based on the facts, people may still feel the same way but that would be totally acceptable. I think we all know that the issue here is not the partnership itself, and it cant be because people dont know the ins and outs of the partnership, it has to be the club the partnership is with.

I honestly think (and correct me if i am mistaken) if this had been announced with another club in Super league it would have been instantly seen as a great move by the club and we would have welcomed the announcement that we are actively trying to improve the team and club next season.

My Last point on this and maybe this is me been short sighted or deluded even, but has anyone actually looked at this from another perspective, that maybe the club must be doing something right, we must moving in the right direction, and we have the plans and structures in place both on and off the pitch to be successful to have managed to strike up a partnership up with Leeds?

Here's something to think about, we have resigned 10 players so far for next season which is soon to become 13, we have offers to other exisitng players, we have offers to players at other clubs too, which if all goes well we will have over 20 contracted players to Hunslet in the next month, does that really sound like a club that's going to be the Rhinos 2nd team next year?

It certainly doesn't.

How about 5 years down the line :D

It certainly doesn't.

How about 5 years down the line :D

Many ways of looking at this,Hunslet with a int of Leeds or no Hunslet at all and this as been on the cards for most clubs since SL and P+R were done away with,the Leeds thing is whats ####### people off but as said before we need a sugar daddy but why should someone put money in to get nowt out, if we were a shoe,fishfinger or furniture factory then we would have gone to the wall years ago...Its a business.....years ago most cinemas shut down and end'ed up being bingo halls or health spa's but look at em now, cinemas are back in.....,sadly i just can't see that happening with Rugby League.......

BLACKPOOL makes some good points-- if the club do call a meeting will it be on HAWKS TV for the benefit of our supporters who live out of Leeds, or can't make it because of work-- will it be restricted to HIST members only. ?

This season we have played against clubs who have a connection with Super League- last Sunday Liam HOOD from the Rhinos had a outstanding game for Dewsbury.

We need a lot more information such as --will Leeds say these are the 4 players you can have, or will we be able to say -- these are the 4 players we want?

The meeting will be open to ALL supporters, and it WILL be videoed for our supporters who cant make it or live too far to attend.

All the information you have asked for there Frisky will be in the press release and will be explained at the meeting once arranged.

The meeting will be open to ALL supporters, and it WILL be videoed for our supporters who cant make it or live too far to attend.

All the information you have asked for there Frisky will be in the press release and will be explained at the meeting once arranged.

Dont think you can ask for anything more on the subject till the meeting is in progress my advise would be dont let it fester and hope it receives a good turn out.

Now I have has a couples days for it to digest, still not thrilled we are linked to them like this, but I hate them with a passion, so I suppose I'm letting my heart rule my head, and I think that is what the big problem is with all Hunslet fans were letting our hearts rule.

In my head I do understand why we are doing this, and understand it could be a good thing, time will tell, and we will just after see we're it takes us.....

The Hunslet forum is split on this idea of us getting some players for next season off Leeds. I can see points for and against this move , but if we don't take the four players from Leeds next season, either such as York or Dewsbury will , thus coming back to haunt us if we got relegated and sent to the league of death in 2014. It's a good thing for us all round.

If it was us getting say all of Leeds second team coming to play for us , i would say no chance as then we would be a feeder club, but like this, it's Leeds feeding us.

Just my only concern about this is what does Mr Hetherington get out of this for himself ?

Do feel better for HIST being in charge, having Hunslet at heart, and what's best for us, no fear.

The only thing Leeds Rhinos and Gary Hetherington will get out of this partnership is that Hunslet Hawks will give the Leeds Rhinos club the opportunity to play a select few of there fringe players in our team on dual reg season loans, nothing more nothing less. Let's be honest what have we got that Gary Hetherington could ever be interested in? We have no money, huge debts, we don't own our own ground, we have 100 season ticket holders and no chance of ever getting into super league, we're hardly a threat to Gary and Leeds are we?

He could have gone to Huddersfield or Swinton for that Phil ;)

It's still nice to have that one over them.

Can't take them serious as a BIG club until they achieve it.

"They're just OUR feeder club. They're just our feeder club"

thanks for the info so far blackpool. i wouldn't really care who the deal is with i personally dont approve of the dual reg system 1 bit but whilst its there i suppose begrudgingly that we must take advantage of it.not really fussed that its leeds the main problem i have with all this is gary hetherington been involved.i appreciate what you say blackpool that we have nothing he wants but neither did bramley and look what happened to them,we werent ever gonna threaten leeds in super league but he voted against us.all of a sudden he wants to help well sorry i for 1 think he will get something from it somehwere cos that man does nothing for nowt,i really hope in a years time i am typing an apology that i was wrong.this i repeat is my own feelings on the guy because during a debate on facebook about it i was frankly told by somebody if we dont like it then dont bother coming to the games.well i can assure you i know of 10 people already and 7 of them season ticket holders that are thinking of not coming anymore.good luck

I am so pleased to see some of the fans can see the fuller picture of what the committee are trying to achieve for the good of Hunslet Hawks RLFC and I think it only fitting that Leeds Rhinos should hold out an olive branch and give their support to a club which has had the heart ripped out of it over the years like Hunslet has and if in a few years time the club can start to prosper and old scars heal then H I S T can say at least we did our best to keep this club alive and well .

If hetherington's master plan is to finish us off then those fans staying away are playing right into his hands.

I suspect what Leeds are getting from this is a saving on the cost of running a second team. The real losers are the poor folk who are now out of work.

Hetherington has wanted Championship clubs to become feeder clubs for SL for several years and each time it has been knocked back. This time however the SL clubs have already discussed it and they are now in favour of SL linking up with a Championship club. The clubs in the Championships have not yet even discussed it and don't meet until some date in September, so why did Hunslet not wait until that meeting before agreeing to anything to do with this subject?

Keith T,

Hetherington has wanted Championship clubs to become feeder clubs for SL for several years and each time it has been knocked back. This time however the SL clubs have already discussed it and they are now in favour of SL linking up with a Championship club. The clubs in the Championships have not yet even discussed it and don't meet until some date in September, so why did Hunslet not wait until that meeting before agreeing to anything to do with this subject?

We're not the first club to announce links with an SL club for dual reg players; in fact we're probably one of the last! York and Hull / Cas, Batley and Huddersfield, Leigh and Saints, Dewsbury and Bradford, Skolars and Broncos, Whitehaven and Leeds, etc. There are probably others too (official and unofficial). Some of the links may no longer exist but hopefully you see my point; in the last 2-3 years there have been many.

As far as I understand, the deal we have is no different to any of these so I don't see why it would need to be discussed with any other club. If it had been raised prior to us agreeing, we would have alerted other clubs about an opportunity to get good players on season long loans for nothing...which wouldn't be the wisest thing to do.

Been "off the case" for the last 36 hours or so - but it sounds like a little commonsense is finally starting to win the day as we all wait to see what's revealed in the fine details.

But whatever does come out in the initial agreement, I can only echo the fears of some posters with respect to "Mission Creep" in the years ahead, if the deal does turn into a long term one.

thanks for the info so far blackpool. i wouldn't really care who the deal is with i personally dont approve of the dual reg system 1 bit but whilst its there i suppose begrudgingly that we must take advantage of it.not really fussed that its leeds the main problem i have with all this is gary hetherington been involved.i appreciate what you say blackpool that we have nothing he wants but neither did bramley and look what happened to them,we werent ever gonna threaten leeds in super league but he voted against us.all of a sudden he wants to help well sorry i for 1 think he will get something from it somehwere cos that man does nothing for nowt,i really hope in a years time i am typing an apology that i was wrong.this i repeat is my own feelings on the guy because during a debate on facebook about it i was frankly told by somebody if we dont like it then dont bother coming to the games.well i can assure you i know of 10 people already and 7 of them season ticket holders that are thinking of not coming anymore.good luck

Kev i cant comment on anyone telling people "If you dont like then dont bother coming" because that is frankly the last thing we want, and who ever is saying that is wrong to do so, we want all our supporters to back us on this! People wont like it because its Leeds and that's understandable, but all il say to you and the supporters who are saying there not coming again is wait until you know that FACTS of what this about and make a rational decision based on if you think that this partnership IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF HUNSLET RLFC.

The only thing Leeds and Gary get from us is a chance to play 4 players who are above the age of 21 but are not in the Leeds squad at Hunslet Hawks, and we get 4 quality players added to our team.

Some good comments there Rodley,i'm not to keen on Hetherington and his dealings.......The Harris saga for one,takes Bradford to court,wins lots of money,and when there going under he's the big white knight who gives em the gate money back and then wants to help em........

Is it just the Leeds/Hunslet thing ? --- would there have been the same reaction if we had announced a partnership with Castleford or Wakefield ?

It must be a media managers dream-- Blackpool should be enjoying himself ..--- I say get next years season tickets on sale now £50/£25 if bought before 31st December.

Whats going to happen to the rest of the Rhinos players that have become "spare"-- will they be spread out between the rest of the Championship teams ?

Someone asked why didn't Hunslet wait until the next meeting of Championship clubs in September-- WHY?-- what have these meetings achieved-- next season will still see Featherstone and Halifax spending money to finish in the top two, but without a chance of going anywhere.

It should not be overlooked that even including the 4 Rhinos at the moment Hunslet will still be about 10 players short of a competitive squad-- the Hunslet fans are fed up of seeing us shipping try after try this season without our coaching team unable to do anything about it.

Is it just the Leeds/Hunslet thing ? --- would there have been the same reaction if we had announced a partnership with Castleford or Wakefield ?

It must be a media managers dream-- Blackpool should be enjoying himself ..--- I say get next years season tickets on sale now £50/£25 if bought before 31st December.

Whats going to happen to the rest of the Rhinos players that have become "spare"-- will they be spread out between the rest of the Championship teams ?

Someone asked why didn't Hunslet wait until the next meeting of Championship clubs in September-- WHY?-- what have these meetings achieved-- next season will still see Featherstone and Halifax spending money to finish in the top two, but without a chance of going anywhere.

It should not be overlooked that even including the 4 Rhinos at the moment Hunslet will still be about 10 players short of a competitive squad-- the Hunslet fans are fed up of seeing us shipping try after try this season without our coaching team unable to do anything about it.

The only thing is Frisky with what money HIST have, do you think you could do better if you were in a recruitment role,i know in the past players have gone elsewhere for £10 more and the issue with the meeting Red Hall will do what they want and not what Championship clubs want..........

My personal opinion is No Frisky, it would have been probably seen as great move by the club.

I wouldn't say its a dream as some off the things ive had to read over the past few days has been disappointing, when people dont know the facts, but i do understand people concerns to a certain extent. We were on SKY SPORTS though :)

10 players short? think that's a bit of an exaggeration, A fit Grimshaw at 6, 4 quality super league players in key positions and possibly some new signings on there way, i think we will be able to compete far more than this season.

And i agree the Hunslet supporters are fed up of us losing every week as am i, hence why we are trying to get 4 dual reg players on season long loans for next season to help improve results, but it seems that's making Hunslet supporters fed up too.

That was me that said that on Facebook & apologies for it. I've posted again which hopefully better explains my point of view, heat of the moment & all that.

The way I see this (before reading the updated statement) is that it can only benefit the club. I have full trust in the people running the show & feel safe in the knowledge that they would not do anything to risk the future of our great club. Like I said apologies for the rash statement on Facebook, of course we don't need anymore people staying away from the club!