The TV Thread

It might be great, but if no one watches....

Very true.  They have had issues with sound where the male characters trying to London-ise their accents have become mumblers drowned out by the other set noises but that's not a huge issue if you pay attention.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Very true.  They have had issues with sound where the male characters trying to London-ise their accents have become mumblers drowned out by the other set noises but that's not a huge issue if you pay attention.

To be fair, I really liked it too!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Shed some tears watching Garry Barlow in Afghanistan - and what a fantastic concert everyone enjoyed. The soldiers taking part will certainly have some great memories to tell in future years. One guy was very emotional after Garry presented him with a guitar. I'll be watching it again that's for sure.

Never seen an episode (not really my thing) but there is talk it will come back as a co-production with one of the streaming sites - Netflix or Lovefilm, can't remember which. This will probably be the future of a lot of TV shows I think.

I don't think the BBC should chase the ratings for shows like this, especially as for a bit of the series it was up against things like I'm A Celeb.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Never seen an episode (not really my thing) but there is talk it will come back as a co-production with one of the streaming sites - Netflix or Lovefilm, can't remember which. This will probably be the future of a lot of TV shows I think.

I don't think the BBC should chase the ratings for shows like this, especially as for a bit of the series it was up against things like I'm A Celeb.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard place  on ratings.

They get a lot of criticism for chasing ratings, but also criticism for wasting money.  If ratings are poor then are they wasting money?

Edited by Bedford Roughyed

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Went to bed for an hour finished up sleeping right through

Missed last tango not sky plussed it

Feck

Not  bothered about  owt else

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Went to bed for an hour finished up sleeping right through

Missed last tango not sky plussed it

Feck

Not  bothered about  owt else

LTIH is coming back for a 3rd series Q3 2014

Casablanca was on TV yesterday

Edited by JohnM

Good documentary on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Footage the last UK Sex Pistols gig in Huddersfield (a benefit for striking fireman's kids incidentally). Unseen footage and all that. Think it's a Julian Temple job.

Wasn't that Christmas Eve 77? I was too young to go (11) a couple of mates genuinely went. The reason I say genuinely is that, that gig is one event that everyone you talk to said they went to. It was a bit like Beefy getting 149 at Headingley in 81, everyone was there that day also.

Edited by Andrew Vause

VGA straight into the back of the telly buddy. Have a good en see you soon.

LTIH is coming back for a 3rd series Q3 2014

Casablanca was on TV yesterday

I'm glad about that but I think that should be the last

Bloody hell Casablanca is one of my ultimate movies

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Wasn't that Christmas Eve 77? I was too young to go (11) a couple of mates genuinely went. The reason I say genuinely is that, that gig is one event that everyone you talk to said they went to. It was a bit like Beefy getting 149 at Headingley in 81, everyone was there that day also.

Just read up it was Christmas day, that accounts for why ( Boothy) my mate had a lift from his dad in his Hillman Avenger from Ponte. The other mate Vic who I got to know as an adult lived in Huddersfield.

Good documentary on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Footage the last UK Sex Pistols gig in Huddersfield (a benefit for striking fireman's kids incidentally). Unseen footage and all that. Think it's a Julian Temple job.

Cheers mate, just Sky plussed it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I think Sham's last stand gig would of been a good one.

He played a character that resembled er..............Danny Dyer.

Same as Shane Richie has been playing Shane Richie in it for years then...?

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just watched it this afternoon. Good stuff.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

So no one thought Dr.Who was uttter bile.

It's been utter bile since 1963. In all that time they couldn't work out that all you had to do to escape from the Daleks was to go upstairs.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

It's been utter bile since 1963. In all that time they couldn't work out that all you had to do to escape from the Daleks was to go upstairs.

AHEM even this non-Whovian knows that Daleks can go upstairs AHEM

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson