Because I am unbearably pretentious, Netflix is now only recommending me things with subtitles and I can't be bothered to look for anything else.

Anyway, recommends for GHOUL which is silly and gory but gets it all done in three forty-five minute episodes. I also have high hopes for ULTRAVIOLET which is a Polish thing about amateur crime solvers using the interweb and social media as opposed to a late nighties British thing. Two episodes in and it's very enjoyable.

John Simm looks like he is on to another winner with the new drama Strangers , got off to a cracking start last night .

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

If anyone hasn’t watched Ozark on Netflix you need to, it’s probably up there with Breaking Bad.

Was looking at that the other night, if you say that I'll definitely check it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark S said:

If anyone hasn’t watched Ozark on Netflix you need to, it’s probably up there with Breaking Bad.

from the trailer it looks like a poor mans breaking bad at best, a very poor mans breaking bad, too much American ###### on these net channels for me

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

from the trailer it looks like a poor mans breaking bad at best, a very poor mans breaking bad, too much American ###### on these net channels for me

How dare these American broadcasters keep shoving American programmes down our throats. Get Julian Fellowes signed up for that 'On the Buses' remake immediately!

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

How dare these American broadcasters keep shoving American programmes down our throats. Get Julian Fellowes signed up for that 'On the Buses' remake immediately!

I’d watch that , but it would probably be on footmen to the royal carriage

Enjoying Bodyguard. Plenty of "theories" about where it's going. 

Oh, and Strictly's back! 😀 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

On 9/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Enjoying Bodyguard. Plenty of "theories" about where it's going. 

Oh, and Strictly's back! 😀 

Yup I have enjoyed it to.  Managed to keep a good pace and set up nicely for the last episode.  

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

noticed lucky man is coming up on freeview, was it as good as the hype? the bloke in it seems to play exactly the same one dimensional character in everything hes ever been in 

Can't watch owt he's in, with that smug grin and like you say one dimensional acting.

5 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

noticed lucky man is coming up on freeview, was it as good as the hype? the bloke in it seems to play exactly the same one dimensional character in everything hes ever been in 

Isn’t it an extended yellow pages advert then?

Gave the match a miss last night , sick of meaningless games ,instead caught documentaries on REM , Kenny Rodgers ,Creedance Clearwater and Black Sabbath  on their final tour on sky arts , what a great live band Sabbath were  . 

Someone gave me a Netflix gift card for my birthday which I’ve activated . Hit by thousands of things so any tips on series to watch - mystery , thriller , historical , top drama type stuff 

Strictly:  hmmm, Nadiya or Vick or Amy, oh and I suppose Faye :)   The show wasn’t bad either. 

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Someone gave me a Netflix gift card for my birthday which I’ve activated . Hit by thousands of things so any tips on series to watch - mystery , thriller , historical , top drama type stuff 

I have had a Netflix account ever since they signed up the return of 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'. Apart from that series, I haven't really used it as much as maybe I should, even for the small monthly fee.

Other than that show, I have used it to watch 'Detectorists', some David Attenborough nature shows, 'Bottom', 'Parts unknown', 'Ugly Delicious' and the Monty Python movies.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

I've just started watching the 2nd series of Atypical. Very good. 

If you've watched Breaking Bad (if not watch it) then there's Better Call Saul.

If you like Marvel there's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and The Punisher.

I also enjoyed The Crown, Gotham, Suits, Narcos, Ozark and Maniac (not watched yet) looks good/interesting. 

Plenty of good stuff to watch. Happy searching.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 1

I don't watch much TV these days but Mrs Shoelaces has it on in the same room so I'm dragged in to some of the latest stuff. " Killing Eve " is her latest choice. I stopped counting the killings in it when it got past about 25. Just ridiculous that a so called female professional " hitman " could bump off so many people and keep getting away with it in today's mass CCTV world.

All is see is " thrillers " regarding terrorists, lunatics, serial killers, bent cops etc.

Whatever happened to the political programmes that dealt with the human condition like " Cathy Come Home ", " The Lump " and " Boys From The Blackstuff " ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I've just started watching the 2nd series of Atypical. Very good. 

If you've watched Breaking Bad (if not watch it) then there's Better Call Saul.

If you like Marvel there's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders and The Punisher.

I also enjoyed The Crown, Gotham, Suits, Narcos, Ozark and Maniac (not watched yet) looks good/interesting. 

Plenty of good stuff to watch. Happy searching.

Thanks for the suggestions . I’ve added the Crown in my list . My brother told me I had to add Designated Survivor , and I’ve off my own brain cell added The Alienist as i like grisly Jack the Ripper type stuff set in those times 

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Thanks for the suggestions . I’ve added the Crown in my list . My brother told me I had to add Designated Survivor , and I’ve off my own brain cell added The Alienist as i like grisly Jack the Ripper type stuff set in those times 

There's quite a lot of Neflix-specific stuff that's more than worth the time to watch.  Here's my personal preferences for what I can see on Netflix:

Ozark
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Good Place
Santa Clarita Diet
The Punisher
Happy!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

There's quite a lot of Neflix-specific stuff that's more than worth the time to watch.  Here's my personal preferences for what I can see on Netflix:

Ozark
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Good Place
Santa Clarita Diet
The Punisher
Happy!

I’ve added Ozark to . It’s ironic though that with all this tasty new stuff the first thing I watched was ... Fawlty Towers 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’ve added Ozark to . It’s ironic though that with all this tasty new stuff the first thing I watched was ... Fawlty Towers 

The Monty Python films were one of my first go-to things on getting Netflix!

Mindhunters is very good.