Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,069 posts in this topic

I've enjoyed Dates as well - pleasent little short stories. I think the characters come back through the episodes on different dates too. I thought the bloke getting with the waiter in the toilet was a bit of a daft development in last night's one though.

Yes, that wasn't convincing at all. However, Sheridan Smith once again demonstrated that she is a terrific actress.

Died a few years ago.

:(

The internet doesn't seem to think so.

I think I, and a vast majority of others, will cope.

That just leaves gration

Suddenly the world seems a better place

The internet doesn't seem to think so.

I'm only going by what I was informed by a friend a couple of years ago. Good news if she's still about.

That just leaves gration

Suddenly the world seems a better place

I like Harry Gratian. To cross-reference another thread, I think you could have a good laugh with him if you went out for a pint together.

I like Harry Gratian. To cross-reference another thread, I think you could have a good laugh with him if you went out for a pint together.

He'd probably talk about cricket.

No thanks.

Nah, he's from Yorkshire, you'd spend all night waiting (unsuccessfully) for him to get his round in. ;)

Nah, he's from Yorkshire, you'd spend all night waiting (unsuccessfully) for him to get his round in. ;)

True dat. B)

As a fellow York resident I have said hello to him on a number of ocassions and he seemed like a right miserable sod.

As a fellow York resident I have said hello to him on a number of ocassions and he seemed like a right miserable sod.

As someone who has watched Look North for years, I can easily believe this. Mind you maybe Wolford is a miserable sod too and that's why he feels they would get along

As someone who has watched Look North for years, I can easily believe this. Mind you maybe Wolford is a miserable sod too and that's why he feels they would get along

What do you mean "maybe". Bloody cheek, I wrote the book.

:biggrin:

Did anyone catch the Horizon cat programme last night? Quite light on any actual science or conclusions but an interesting use of GPS technology none the less. Also, cats. :)

Did anyone catch the Horizon cat programme last night? Quite light on any actual science or conclusions but an interesting use of GPS technology none the less. Also, cats. :)

Yep, very interesting stuff, especially about behavioural changes and co-existence with other moggies.  I'd have liked a longer sample period (depth as well as breadth) to give more data but it was good enough.

[Wishful Thinking Mode] How many got run over? Did a fox get any? Was anyone out walking his Staffordshire Bull Terrier? [Wishful Thinking Mode]

;):ph34r:

That's Harry Gration MBE...

and?

I am just about ready to un plug tv for ever- nothing but adverts -self indulgent bildge-adverts-scaremongering non news stories-adverts -repeats-adverts -reality ######-adverts and more adverts

I am just about ready to un plug tv for ever- nothing but adverts -self indulgent bildge-adverts-scaremongering non news stories-adverts -repeats-adverts -reality ######-adverts and more adverts

Try changing channels

Sheridan Smith + terrific actress.

Are you a relative of hers?

Both her and Will Mellor were wooden in the awful Two Pints of Lager sitcom and neither were any better in Dates.

Although I agree the programme did have good stories and will watch the remaining episodes.

Yes, that wasn't convincing at all. However, Sheridan Smith once again demonstrated that she is a terrific actress.

From Sheridan Smith's Wikipedia page:

2009:Little Shop of Horrors

Laurence Olivier Award Best Actress in a Musical

Nominated

2010: Legally Blonde

Evening Standard Award: Best Actress

Nominated

2011: Flare Path

Laurence Olivier Award: Best Actress in a Musical

Won

Theatregoers' Choice Award: Best Actress in a Musical

Won

Evening Standard Award: Best Actress

Won

BroadwayWorld UK Award: Best Featured Actress in a Play

Won

2012 Hedda Gabler

Laurence Olivier Award: Best Performance in a Supporting Role

Won

Theatregoers' Choice Award: Best Actress in a Play

Won

2013: Mrs Biggs

National Television Awards: Outstanding Drama Performance (Female)

Nominated

Royal Television Society Awards: Best Actress

Nominated

British Academy Television Award: Best Actress

Won

Edited by Wolford6

I hear the internet is going that way too, best to be ahead of the crowd on this one I reckon.