Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,119 posts in this topic

I am just about ready to un plug tv for ever- nothing but adverts -self indulgent bildge-adverts-scaremongering non news stories-adverts -repeats-adverts -reality ######-adverts and more adverts

Some day a rain's gonna come ...

The White Queen was alright, bit of a copy of Game of Thones though. ;)

Edited by Severus

I hear the internet is going that way too, best to be ahead of the crowd on this one I reckon.

:D

The White Queen was alright, bit of a copy of Game of Thones though. ;)

I thought it was a bag o ####

The BBC eh? Turning over about 2 hours of weekend primetime to an England RU reserves match. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a bag o ####

Amazing how beautiful, healthy, clean, pristinely dressed and perfectly coiffured these 15th century folk were!

No Springwatch. I'll turn the binoculars back towards the neighbour's windows.

New series Frankie is complete rubbish.

Cardboard cutout characters that are entirely without redeeming features, unrealistic and unbelievable plot lines and totally inaccurate portrayal of District Nursing.

Apart from that.....

New series Frankie is excellent.

Bizarrely after it plumbed new depths of turgidity, predictable yet totally unrealistic storylines and shockingly poor acting last night Mrs Shadow's first reaction was "there's no way that girl would have had a district nurse visiting her"

My suggestion that the accuracy of health team call planning was the least of the problems with the entire bag o shoite fell on deaf ears.

Bizarrely after it plumbed new depths of turgidity, predictable yet totally unrealistic storylines and shockingly poor acting last night Mrs Shadow's first reaction was "there's no way that girl would have had a district nurse visiting her"

My suggestion that the accuracy of health team call planning was the least of the problems with the entire bag o shoite fell on deaf ears.

Well, I enjoyed it.

Well, I enjoyed it.

We may never agree on this  :biggrin:

Amazing how beautiful, healthy, clean, pristinely dressed and perfectly coiffured these 15th century folk were!

Exactly

The insides of their houses looked like something out of grand designs

And there just happened to be a chapel in the woods

And the king just happened to be riding by

Etc etc

The female lead has the look of Ingrid Bergman about her

The lass who played the White Queen was easy on the eye to boot.

The lass who played the White Queen was easy on the eye to boot.

aye, see above

but I kept expecting Richard Greene as Robin Hood to come swinging through the trees

all they needed was a tavern on the green

I'm surpriswed Janet McTeer couldkeep a straigt face.

after blanket coverage of tennis on the bbc, tonights primetime viewing is some meaningless football match between Italy and another team from - utter contempt for the licence payer, I want my money back!

1978 Totp on BBC 4

Well funny

Edited by Johnoco

after blanket coverage of tennis on the bbc, tonights primetime viewing is some meaningless football match between Italy and another team from - utter contempt for the licence payer, I want my money back!

There is always BBC3, BBC4, Radios 1 to 6 etc. iPlayer BBC website. So sod all for your money really.

Anyway, there's rugby on Premier Sport, so I'm happy enough. :)

Whilst I wouldn't consider the licence fee a waste of money, I would consider showing the Confederations Cup a waste of BBC One's airtime.

Whilst I wouldn't consider the licence fee a waste of money, I would consider showing the Confederations Cup a waste of BBC One's airtime.

I agree. I would be interesting to find out what the viewing figures were for it compared to the usual time slots. 

Most of the tournament was on BBC3, therebye conveniently displacing 3rd-rate sitcoms.

Most of the tournament was on BBC3, therebye conveniently displacing 3rd-rate sitcoms.

what are the 1st rate sitcoms? pray tell

what are the 1st rate sitcoms? pray tell

Melanie Phillips on Question Time

Things are so bad I am forced to stay with this Huddersfield-Catalan game.

Decent programme by Rich Hall about Texas last night.  A proper rambling monologue.  No one went on a journey, the content and presenter were engaging and it was quite funny in parts.

Decent programme by Rich Hall about Texas last night.  A proper rambling monologue.  No one went on a journey, the content and presenter were engaging and it was quite funny in parts.

Missed that, but he's usually good. He doesn't do many of these programmes but he did one a few years ago about Western movies which was excellent.