Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,122 posts in this topic

From Twitter, @RevRichardColes - "In my Glorious Rule TV producers who show the highlights at the beginning of a programme will be given foreknowledge of their own deaths." :D

From Twitter, @RevRichardColes - "In my Glorious Rule TV producers who show the highlights at the beginning of a programme will be given foreknowledge of their own deaths." :D

I find the repeated highlights showing whats 'coming up' worse.  Especially on shows that don't even have adverts!

For those of you who don't read the football thread, there was an excellent programme on BBC3 last night:  Football's Suicide Secret.  There's a couple of posts on it on the football thread.

The other night, I caught the last half of part 1 of the drama about Kerry Packer. The guy who plays Packer is terrific! Really looking forward to part 2.

The Apprentice reaches what is traditionally its scariest phase tonight: the interviews. Eek! :fie:

The Apprentice reaches what is traditionally its scariest phase tonight: the interviews. Eek! :fie:

What an absolutely hopeless final pair we have.  Someone selling botox and someone whose only attribute appears to be posho braying confidence mixed with bitchiness.

Glad that clown Justin got the boot and exposed as a fraud. Neil just thought by repeating how passionate he was he would win. Wish he would shave his neck too. The other girl was just lucky to make it that far and was clearly winging it.

The other night, I caught the last half of part 1 of the drama about Kerry Packer. The guy who plays Packer is terrific! Really looking forward to part 2.

Part 1 is repeated at 10:30 tonight on BBC4. Well worth watching/recording.

They obviously vet the candidates business plans?  How do they get this far before deciding the plans are hopeless?

They obviously vet the candidates business plans?  How do they get this far before deciding the plans are hopeless?

They have to have some red meat to throw to Claude Littner during the interview episode! :)

They have to have some red meat to throw to Claude Littner during the interview episode! :)

It's like they don't watch the programme before hand...

It's like they don't watch the programme before hand...

From what little I've seen, I doubt any of them are bright enough to figure out how to turn a TV set on...

chesney wants to stick with Sinead(how she's putting up with him I don't know) and forget the ghastly katie

also the Carl saga is dragging on. Needs sorting and with a big denouement.

I'm balled off with her in the wheelchair as well: she wants pushing in the canal..the canal not having featured in a plot for a while.

Watched the Rod Stewart Imagine what an asshole and the number of kids didn't match up with the number of parents and joanna lumley wasn't mentioned, not that I can stand her...her career seems to be a series of free holidays in which she gazes into the middle distance at dusk and says 'breathtaking'

Starlings isnt bad-some good acting talent going one there.

I'm about to settle down and watch the Imagine Don McCullin programme on the Iplayer.  Really looking forward to this.  Saw his exhibition at the IWMN a few years ago and had my breath taken away.

I'm about to settle down and watch the Imagine Don McCullin programme on the Iplayer.  Really looking forward to this.  Saw his exhibition at the IWMN a few years ago and had my breath taken away.

I've got it skyplussed, havent had chance to watch it yet

On Look North, Amanda Harper has had a baby, Nicola Rees is pregnant and Christa Ackroyd has got the P45.

We want Keeley! We want Keeley!

Wolford does your tv only work at 6:30? You seem obsessed by Look North! ;)

Wolford does your tv only work at 6:30? You seem obsessed by Look North! ;)

he does right

it's allan partridge writ large

chesney wants to stick with Sinead(how she's putting up with him I don't know) and forget the ghastly katie

also the Carl saga is dragging on. Needs sorting and with a big denouement.

I'm balled off with her in the wheelchair as well: she wants pushing in the canal..the canal not having featured in a plot for a while.

Watched the Rod Stewart Imagine what an asshole and the number of kids didn't match up with the number of parents and joanna lumley wasn't mentioned, not that I can stand her...her career seems to be a series of free holidays in which she gazes into the middle distance at dusk and says 'breathtaking'

Starlings isnt bad-some good acting talent going one there.

Not so much a TV critique, more an Alan Bennett monologue.

Mother wasn't happy.

Not so much a TV critique, more an Alan Bennett monologue.

Mother wasn't happy.

why thankyou

Had to take a pause halfway through.  Very powerful stuff indeed.

Loins girded for part two tonight.

liking THE RETURNED very twin peaky strange thing is because it is subtitled you have to really concentrate to keep up, something i don't normally do, usually on here at the same time. :biggrin: