Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,119 posts in this topic

I see there's a new series of the highly predictable, formulaic "Bad Education". I confess I rather enjoyed the first one.

The second season of The Newsroom is brilliant.

Totally agree! Great telly!

GOLD are also showing Jeeves & Wooster from the beginning. Never watched it first time around but I'm enjoying it now.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

"D'ya like me eyebrows? Shaved 'em all off"

"I shaved all me eyebrows off"

"I'm avin a lat-tay". What a lovely kid. Was chuffed when he got voted onto that student council thing.

"I'm avin a lat-tay". What a lovely kid. Was chuffed when he got voted onto that student council thing.

Nah, bit of a creepy dick really. I know he didn't mean to be but he's already an old man in Year 10. Be a kid dammit!

"Creepy dick" - bit harsh mate. I know what you mean though, he's older than his years

Finished the first series of Bates Motel earlier this week.  Very good and far better than I thought it would be.  Brilliant casting as well for it with the young Norman Bates picking up Anthony Perkins' traits in the movie perfectly

Is that a for or against? ;-)

It's the closest they could get to England in the 1920's.

:(

Having said that, we've still kept most of our beautiful old sandstone buildings. Fortunately the council planning department is lazy as well as useless and never got round to okaying the demolition of all the buildings that it wanted to be replaced by pre-cast concrete junk and corrugated tin sheds.

Having said that, we've still kept most of our beautiful old sandstone buildings. Fortunately the council planning department is lazy as well as useless and never got round to okaying the demolition of all the buildings that it wanted to be replaced by pre-cast concrete junk and corrugated tin sheds.

They had a damn good try though.

No, but because of the timidity of private sector property developers there's an enormous hole in the city centre.

No, but because of the timidity of private sector property developers there's an enormous hole in the city centre.

It hasn't stopped similar development happening in other cities. Smaller places too. The council are to blame for not having clauses in for non completion, or rather non starting, of the job. It's pretty outrageous actually.

The developer, Westgate, bought the site from the council for £50million cash and about forty shops and businesses shut down  (my estimate). When the downturn came, it offered to sell the site back. The council didn't have the money.

However, the council has found £24million to build a set of fountains in the city centre.

The council reportedly got £50million cash from the sale of Leeds Bradford Airport. As far as I am aware, there's been no official statement on where that's gone.

I rather enjoyed 'The Wipers Times' on BBC2 last night... although I'm a little reluctant to mention it on TRL, as it will no doubt generate 10 pages of opinions about the class system in the early 20th century. ;) 

Talking of the class system, try watching "Harrow: A very British School" followed by "Educating Yorkshire". It's an education in itself!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

The head teacher on Educating Yorkshire is too soft, I remember getting absolutely balled at for being 5 minutes late to a class. He tries to reason with them too much and it doesn't work.

I watched a programme on C4 last night called London Irish. Being of Irish family and having spent time in that London with family there I thought it might be worth catching. It wasn't!

Watched Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night.

An hour of not-having-to-think-too-hard enjoyable tv that my whole family enjoyed.

Watched The Ginge The Geordie and The Geek last night and thought it was hilarious, worth it for the ventriloquist sketch alone.

Enjoying Peaky Blinders.

It's pretty good, although without Cillian Murphy's charisma, I wonder whether it would work as well.

When Afghan President Hamid Karzai has an evening off, he likes to watch this programme.

Try to guess what it is before you click the link.