Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,059 posts in this topic

Ripper Street returns in a few weeks.  Really enjoyed the first series.  Hope it's just as good!

Peaky Blinders - very good indeed.

If they make a second series, they must retain Cillian Murphy. 

If they make a second series, they must retain Cillian Murphy. 

Yes, agreed.  He's brilliant in this.

Taped Peaky Blinders but not watched it yet. How does Bradford come across?

Taped Peaky Blinders but not watched it yet. How does Bradford come across?

It does a very realistic impression of late 19th century Birmingham, but you could say Bradford does that anyway. :D

It does a very realistic impression of late 19th century Birmingham, but you could say Bradford does that anyway. :D

Boom!

Ironically, if it hadn't destroyed so much of it's 19th Century buildings in a rush to be modern in the 60's, it would be a whole lot better today.

We've decided not to watch the new season of The Walking Dead until the end of the season as there are just too many cliff-hangers in it.  We'll watch them in one batch later in the year!

a pedant writes

surely 20th century

otherwise the 19th century buildings would have been new.

the first episode of The Tunnel on SKY Atlantic bodes well and yes I know it's a remake of a Scandinavian depression fest.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

I am watching Strictly Come Dancing. Rachel Riley is seriously ####### hot. I am going to become a regular viewer. Not that I am a sad perv, definitely not.

What to put on when Strictly's finished? Here's what the BBC have come up with: "Let’s Get Ready To Tumble (w/t) is a live, Saturday night competition featuring some of the nation’s best-loved celebrities vaulting, tumbling and flipping head-over-heels to try and win the public’s votes. The complete amateurs will be given a crash course in the basics of gymnastics before teaming up with the highest-flying, gravity-defying gymnasts from across the globe to tackle never-before-seen, new-to-TV disciplines.

With the full backing of British Gymnastics, the trainers who helped take Louis Smith and Beth Tweddle to Olympic glory are ready to turn the nation’s pop stars, actors, newsreaders and chefs into heroes of the high bars and titans of the tumble track."

I imagine Bionic Barrel is doing this right now :angry:

What to put on when Strictly's finished? Here's what the BBC have come up with: "Let’s Get Ready To Tumble (w/t) is a live, Saturday night competition featuring some of the nation’s best-loved celebrities vaulting, tumbling and flipping head-over-heels to try and win the public’s votes. The complete amateurs will be given a crash course in the basics of gymnastics before teaming up with the highest-flying, gravity-defying gymnasts from across the globe to tackle never-before-seen, new-to-TV disciplines.

With the full backing of British Gymnastics, the trainers who helped take Louis Smith and Beth Tweddle to Olympic glory are ready to turn the nation’s pop stars, actors, newsreaders and chefs into heroes of the high bars and titans of the tumble track."

I imagine Bionic Barrel is doing this right now :angry:

elvis-shoots-tv.jpg

the first episode of The Tunnel on SKY Atlantic bodes well and yes I know it's a remake of a Scandinavian depression fest.

Yes I caught this.  It was pretty good, if as miserable as a sunny day in Featherstone.

Yes I caught this.  It was pretty good, if as miserable as a sunny day in Featherstone.

next episode tonight

it isn't the weather in Featherstone that's miserable, but I do take your point

We've decided not to watch the new season of The Walking Dead until the end of the season as there are just too many cliff-hangers in it.  We'll watch them in one batch later in the year!

watched the first episode last night it was as good as ever, in fact it was one of the best yet.

The final episode of Educating Yorkshire was brilliant.

Well done Musharaf and Mr Burton!

I bet 90% of the people who watched it cried. I know I did.

next episode tonight

it isn't the weather in Featherstone that's miserable, but I do take your point

Oh Christopher. You're bigger than that. Seriously.

I bet 90% of the people who watched it cried. I know I did.

Blubbed like a baby.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

I blubbed, it was so wonderful

I will catch up with Educating Yorkshire this aft. Stiff upper lip and all.