Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,059 posts in this topic

Wasn't that Christmas Eve 77? I was too young to go (11) a couple of mates genuinely went. The reason I say genuinely is that, that gig is one event that everyone you talk to said they went to. It was a bit like Beefy getting 149 at Headingley in 81, everyone was there that day also.

Just read up it was Christmas day, that accounts for why ( Boothy) my mate had a lift from his dad in his Hillman Avenger from Ponte. The other mate Vic who I got to know as an adult lived in Huddersfield.

Wasn't that Christmas Eve 77? I was too young to go (11) a couple of mates genuinely went. The reason I say genuinely is that, that gig is one event that everyone you talk to said they went to. It was a bit like Beefy getting 149 at Headingley in 81, everyone was there that day also.

Yeah I must have met 5000 people who saw them at the 100 Club!

Good documentary on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Footage the last UK Sex Pistols gig in Huddersfield (a benefit for striking fireman's kids incidentally). Unseen footage and all that. Think it's a Julian Temple job.

Cheers mate, just Sky plussed it.

Cheers mate, just Sky plussed it.

Speaking to a couple of people (who know what they are talking about) who tell me it's really really good.

Yeah I must have met 5000 people who saw them at the 100 Club!

That's a good shout Jono. I'm a million miles removed from my memories as a kid niw but I'm sure I have a very distant memory of a Clash song about such people.

Apparently Danny Dyer debuted in Eastenders yesterday. Horrifying as may sound, he'll probably be the best actor in that show by some distance.

Good documentary on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Footage the last UK Sex Pistols gig in Huddersfield (a benefit for striking fireman's kids incidentally). Unseen footage and all that. Think it's a Julian Temple job.

I think Sham's last stand gig would of been a good one.

I think Sham's last stand gig would of been a good one.

Whilst I would watch that, I doubt it would be of as much interest in all honesty.

I thought the documentary was great. Less music than I was led to believe but still a great social document. 

Apparently Danny Dyer debuted in Eastenders yesterday. Horrifying as may sound, he'll probably be the best actor in that show by some distance.

He played a character that resembled er..............Danny Dyer.

He played a character that resembled er..............Danny Dyer.

Same as Shane Richie has been playing Shane Richie in it for years then...?

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just watched it this afternoon. Good stuff.

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just watched it this afternoon. Good stuff.

There was even a mention for RL in there!

So no one thought Dr.Who was uttter bile.

I've just watched it again today - I was hoping my one-too-many glasses of wine with the Christmas lunch might have blurred my understanding of it on the day.

Have to say, I'm not much wiser after the 2nd viewing.

It's been utter bile since 1963. In all that time they couldn't work out that all you had to do to escape from the Daleks was to go upstairs.

It's been utter bile since 1963. In all that time they couldn't work out that all you had to do to escape from the Daleks was to go upstairs.

AHEM even this non-Whovian knows that Daleks can go upstairs AHEM

Ta for that one cock, very enjoyable

Watched the latest installment of Mad Dogs last night but am out tonight so am recording the final part.

Also recored the new Moonfleet on SKY1. I love the book but have never seen any film/tv adaptions.

Most enjoyable thing I've seen on TV over the festive period so far. Would probably have missed it too, had I not read your post.

Watched  Morecambe and Wise part way through and found the 'clips' still hilarious. How some guests kept a straight face heaven knows?

Edited by Saint Billinge

Guy Martin is a complete mad man. To attempt to ride a push bike at over 100 MPH is madness even for a TT rider

Not utter bile, no.

It was a bit underwhelming though, even as a fan of the show I would concede that. It was weighed down by too much exposition for the casual viewer, I'd imagine, especially those watching on Christmas Day itself who would themselves be weighed down by too much food and drink by then. Still, it tied up a lot of loose ends and contrived a way to allow the lead character to keep changing appearance for at least another 50 years, so plenty to like from my perspective. ;)