The TV Thread

I thought they got rid of Adrian Chiles last year!

He was nowhere near as bad as everyone claims. Despite his BBC success, maybe he lacked self confidence in the ITV showpiece role.

For me, his problem was that, when he just got a bit grumpy, it was not gleefully picked up on by his co-presenters. Neither did he react properly (as would have been enjoyed by viewers) by getting on his high horse and giving a bit of devilment back. He is a fairly witty bloke and, if he had kicked off, and reacted like he did on radio football shows, I think he would have been regarded as a great success.

Eamon Holmes is grumpy and occasionally kicks off, but he isn't as fundamentally "nice" as Adrian Chiles and is a lot happier dishing it out that getting some back in return. He comes across to me as a bit of a bully.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I watched the new Daybreak this morning.

Not much different from the old one, except: -

- ITV has pinched Laura Tobin from the BBC to do the weather. They should never have got rid of Kirsty McCabe, she was brilliant.

In other words she's moved from one section of the Met Office to another. Perhaps she didn't fancy moving to Salford with BBC ? (FYI BBC forecasters used to be based at White City with ITV based at building on south bank near National Theatre).

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

I've just caught the end of Rhode Island Rebellion on Man vs Food nation on food network! It's repeated quite regularly for those who like international rugby league and huge portions of food!

In other words she's moved from one section of the Met Office to another. Perhaps she didn't fancy moving to Salford with BBC ? (FYI BBC forecasters used to be based at White City with ITV based at building on south bank near National Theatre).

I don't think that ITV presenters are attached to the Met Office. According to Wikipedia, the BBC presenters are actually employed by the Met Office.

I don't think the weather forecast presentation has moved to Salford.

Probably because it's usually raining in Lancashire. The best you can hope for is dull and overcast.

;)

Edited by Wolford6

Speaking of ITV and weather, there's feck all on telly so I've This Morning on just because, and the HD version has Lancashite local coverage. This includes Fred Talbot doing the weather; blimey! What a fruitloop.

Fred Talbot taught my cousins science and according to my aunt he is a lovely bloke and very intelligent.

Fides invicta triumphat

BBC4 repeated the documentary about Paul Simon & the 'Graceland' album the other day. It should still be available on iPlayer - it was excellent. :)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't think that ITV presenters are attached to the Met Office. According to Wikipedia, the BBC presenters are actually employed by the Met Office.

I don't think the weather forecast presentation has moved to Salford.

Probably because it's usually raining in Lancashire. The best you can hope for is dull and overcast.

;)

ITV weather forecasts supplied by the Met Office. Both BBC & ITV use a mix of genuine forecasters & presenters (don't get me started on some of their 'personalities' however as having worked with several . . . . . ).

FYI I'm ex Met. Office & my 'test' broadcast was for the weather in Lancashire ! (Think I was rejected as did forecast as a rap as was after a good lunch :rolleyes: )

Edited by BJW

FYI I'm ex Met. Office & my 'test' broadcast was for the weather in Lancashire !

Did you make a 30-second tape so they could play it on loop every day?

Edited by Wolford6

If they did, it'd explain a plunge in viewing figures at Granada !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight, on ITV4, 'World of Sport: The Seventies'. Nostalgic fun for those who remember it.

And for those of you who are too young to have been around at the time, yes, television broadcasting was almost entirely in shades of orange, brown and beige in those days. :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tonight, on ITV4, 'World of Sport: The Seventies'. Nostalgic fun for those who remember it.

And for those of you who are too young to have been around at the time, yes, television broadcasting was almost entirely in shades of orange, brown and beige in those days. :D

Wasn't the whole of life back then? :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Strikeback was full of improbable shoot-outs, car smashes and explosions. In between, the producers managed to fit in a gratuitous sex scene. By the end, once again the Brits had given the foreigners a kicking.

I just can't put my finger on why I like it so much.

Apart from Dickie Davies' hair.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Apart from Dickie Davies' hair.

Ah, dear old Dickie - the cheery counterpoint to Des Lynam's more serious demeanour on 'Grandstand'. Sports broadcasting was most definitely 'tache territory back then. He never did finish painting that ceiling...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like them both a lot

It's just that they are everywhere

Smith showed up on a daphne du Maurier adaptation last night

I rate cumberbatch I used to fancy the ass off his mam in th sixties

I just think he should expand his range beyond anal upper class types although parade's end is excellent

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local