Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,122 posts in this topic

10pm BBC4 the classic Ripping Yarn - Golden Gordon. 

Eight one... eight bloody one!

Paul Whitehouse and Harry Enfield 'Story of the Twos' on BBC 2 now. Pretty funny man

Never mind pretty funny it was brilliant. Absolutely spot on spoofs especially the bit about panel shows.

Edited by Johnoco

Tomorrow's World. And Screen Test! ( "And now, here's a clip from the latest release by the Children's Film Foundation..." )

And Brian Trueman took over Michael Rodd.

Just started on the Yesterday channel, a profile of Richard Feynman. Watch it. A remarkable and entertaining man.

Just started watching Orange is the new Black on Netflix, very well structured and very funny.

Fargo, the TV series is in danger of destroying it's earlier promise with too many filler episodes and the producers obvious desire to be 'kooky'.

Edited by markleeds

Just started watching Orange in the new Black on Netflix, very well structured and very funny.

I've seen a few trailers for this, and it looks quite fun.

I've seen a few trailers for this, and it looks quite fun.

Worth a try, good thing about Netflix is that you can watch a few episodes in one night an get a feel for it.

Fargo, the TV series is in danger of destroying it's earlier promise with too many filler episodes and the producers obvious desire to be 'kooky'.

Really? I think it's been very good. The 'kookyness' has always been a big part of it, just like the film version. Really enjoying it.

Big Brother.

Yes, yes, I know I shouldn't, but I keep on being drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

Sky Arts getting in the World Cup spirit with Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio.

Sky Arts getting in the World Cup spirit with Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio.

I see Ferdinand was a tv pundit tonight. I suppose he must feel at home.

I see Ferdinand was a tv pundit tonight. I suppose he must feel at home.

The only reason he got the gig?.

ITV doing a bit of a Rik Mayall tribute tonight - the first epsisode of 'The New Statesman', followed by 'Dancing Queen', the comedy drama where Helena Bonham Carter essays a Northern accent and takes her top off.

the feckin soccer world cup has ruined my summer viewing. I don't know whether I'm coming or going with Holby.

Celebrity master chef is #### apart from Jody Kidd

Watched 2 episodes of Orphan Black at the weekend. Seemed very good and certainly worth watching more.

the feckin soccer world cup has ruined my summer viewing. I don't know whether I'm coming or going with Holby.

I'll fill you in...Surgeon A is having a tumultuous love life, while Executive A is really feeling the strain. Nurse C is getting friendly with Doctor B. Consultant X's partner has a terminal illness and maybe its time they healed that rift. Shy and stammering junior Dr Y meanwhile fancies other junior Dr Z who likes a drink or two and ends up with unsavoury characters.

Etc etc

On a boring Saturday evening, (I know! I'm getting old!) there was nothing worth watching, so I tuned in to "The Men Who Made Us Spend" on BBC2. Made in conjunction with the OU, I think, but it looked at the marketing of products from Listerine and Zantac to Vitamin Water and moved on to the use of HGH (yes, Human Growth Hormone!) as a means of preventing ageing and finished with a Las Vegas sales symposium (?) for the anti-ageing industry. Dear Lord above! Talk about a bunch of lying, dissembling, two-faced ********s, I couldn't believe they had the nerve to claim scientific backing for the snake oil they are pushing. And people are buying it. Billions of dollars worth of it. Why didn't I think of selling flavoured water as a health aid and making a huge fortune? I blame my teachers. ;)

Edited by tonyXIII

I watched a bit of a programme earlier on Channel 5, 'Britain's biggest Holiday love rats' or something. Cracking stuff :).

Then Young Ones on GOLD with The Damned in it, quality.

Watched 2 episodes of Orphan Black at the weekend. Seemed very good and certainly worth watching more.

And that's season 1 finished. Thoroughly recommended!

watched the Hive on BBC yesterday, very interesting.