Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,069 posts in this topic

The Blacklist, James Spader at his menacing best, very good telly.

It certainly is, the thing that annoyed me most about season 1 was the cliffhangers.  Season 2 is on now and I'm saving some episodes just so I can at least burn through a few episodes with cliffhangers without shouting at the telly too loudly.

The Selfish Giant is a feature film shot in Bradford. It's about two young kids who prefer  working in the scrap metal industry to going to school. It won an award at Cannes and is on Film 4 tomorow night.

The Selfish Giant is a feature film shot in Bradford. It's about two young kids who prefer  working in the scrap metal industry to going to school. It won an award at Cannes and is on Film 4 tomorow night.

Cheers. Heard a lot about it when it first came out and have wanted to see it. 

I was a late arrival to The Sopranos, just working through Season 5 now, blimey its good stuff.

New stuff, we seem to be watching at the moment in no particular order and with no real recommendations;

Blacklist, Chicago PD, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, Scandal, The Good Wife, Graceland, Homeland and Hawaii 5 O (so bad its now watched out of a morbid curiosity to see how it ends!).

I was a late arrival to The Sopranos, just working through Season 5 now, blimey its good stuff.

New stuff, we seem to be watching at the moment in no particular order and with no real recommendations;

Blacklist, Chicago PD, Person of Interest, Blue Bloods, Scandal, The Good Wife, Graceland, Homeland and Hawaii 5 O (so bad its now watched out of a morbid curiosity to see how it ends!).

Crikey, that's some list. Do you ever leave the house? :P

Crikey, that's some list. Do you ever leave the house? :P

lol - I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old that have curtailed by social life considerably, although I am allowed out for work and child related taxi duties!

Thankfully my good lady isn't one for soaps or reality TV so we tend to find ourselves watching an episode or more of the above on your typical evening in that narrow window between the kids going to bed and giving up on the day ourselves!

bad news about Jeff in Casualty. Especially since Tamsin walked after the funeral. 

The Walking Dead is back tonight.

:yahoo:

I discovered yet again that I've been successful in corrupting the wife.  She told me on the weekend to ensure that I recorded The Wa*king Dead (take the original letter that was obscured by the * then replace it with one two letters further along the alphabet).  Brings an entirely new definition to their groaning and grunting.

The Walking Dead is back tonight.

:yahoo:

Cannibal holocaust or Rick kicking some ###### and saving the day?

bad news about Jeff in Casualty. Especially since Tamsin walked after the funeral. 

Is Jeff the one who's been their for yonks, or is that Charlie who looks up for his next line?

Is Jeff the one who's been their for yonks, or is that Charlie who looks up for his next line?

Ah yes, the bloke who plays Charlie. I'm supposed he's still employed; he's so wooden he must be a fire hazard.

Ah yes, the bloke who plays Charlie. I'm supposed he's still employed; he's so wooden he must be a fire hazard.

Is he the Ken Barlow of Causality?

Does he sound like Peter Shilton or Gary Lineker?

More like Fred Dibnah with an artillery shell rammed up his backside.

jeff is or rather was the jack the lad paramedic

Is he the Ken Barlow of Causality?

more the Grace Archer.

he goes back to the days when male nurses wore white coats and paramedics were ambulance drivers.

His days are numbered

24 hours in police custody is brilliant. Last night they were looking at child protection officers. Horrible but essential work.

Sorry. What happened to him?

blown up.

It was obvious what was going to happen. The crashed minibus was a V reg.

24 hours in police custody is brilliant. Last night they were looking at child protection officers. Horrible but essential work.

Agree - it's been a really good series so far, a gripping insight. Think Police TV (Road Cops et al) can be very hit and miss, but this is far and away the best of the lot.  Last night was very uncomfortable viewing and I've got nothing but respect for the officers carrying out this work.