Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,059 posts in this topic

Guilty pleasure TV - I'm a celeb.

OK they are not grade A celebs but they have put some good characters in there.  Foggy is a star.

BBC4 - Blackfish

Sombre doco on SeaWorld.  What we do to these animals is horrible.

That's been on a couple of times now.  Genuinely shocking.

Only one normal pair left on Coach Trip ... two thirty-year-old lads. The others are complete divs. Brendan has promised to take action tonight.

Guilty pleasure TV - I'm a celeb.

OK they are not grade A celebs but they have put some good characters in there.  Foggy is a star.

When was it ever thus?

Jimmy Bullard is going to do well out of IACGMOOH , he seems like quite a likeable individual. The playboy girl also has her charms, a very good sense of humour. Shame that Edwina Curry has been put in there though.

Edited by Severus

I must be one of the few people that quite likes Edwina Curry.

Pushy? yes.  Attention-seeking? yes. Compassionate? yes. Principled? yes.

In short, she's a real human being and not the plastic facsimile presented by most politicians.

Mind you, I don't think that I have ever seen a full single  episode of this programme and won't be watching this series either.

I must be one of the few people that quite likes Edwina Curry.

Pushy? yes. Attention-seeking? yes. Compassionate? yes. Principled? yes.

In short, she's a real human being and not the plastic facsimile presented by most politicians.

Mind you, I don't think that I have ever seen a full single episode of this programme and won't be watching this series either.

Compassionate? Seem to recall when she was health minister that she recommended that elderly people who couldn't afford energy bills should wear long Johns.

Principled? She had an affair with a married man.

What principles was she adhering to when noshing off John Major?

Not telling tales out of school. Till he did the dirty on her years later; then, like a proper woman, she extracted her revenge.

1.Compassionate? Seem to recall when she was health minister that she recommended that elderly people who couldn't afford energy bills should wear long Johns.

2. Principled? She had an affair with a married man.

1. That is actually commonsense advice. I have seen similar, plus 'stay in bed an extra hour' etc, offered by doctors on daytime telly.

2. He was married too. Her marriage was failing; his wasn't. He probably told her it was.

I quite enjoyed the first season of The Leftovers - although I don't think that title would have been apt over here.

I'm looking forward to a second helping.

Compassionate? Seem to recall when she was health minister that she recommended that elderly people who couldn't afford energy bills should wear long Johns.

Principled? She had an affair with a married man.

surely there is nothing unprincipled about having a love affair, married man or not. It's the way of human relationships, 

What was unprincipled was that she and he for that matter were espousing a set of certain bogus values and betraying them. Also she profited what was a private matter in her autobiography and this must have hurt major's wife immeasurably.

Has anyone else noticed a recent tendency for BBC documentaries and current affairs programmes to subtitle dialogue that is entirely lucid without? The otherwise excellent Sue Perkins thing on the Mekong is littered with examples. Drives me bonkers!

I can't stand Edwina Currie. The very worst episode of HIGNFY was when the guests were her and Derek Hatton, who both thought themselves utterly hilarious.

I can't stand Edwina Currie. The very worst episode of HIGNFY was when the guests were her and Derek Hatton, who both thought themselves utterly hilarious.

She's not coming over very well on IACGMOOH. Had a bit of a barney with another contestant and she was very condescending and patronising.

She's not coming over very well on IACGMOOH. Had a bit of a barney with another contestant and she was very condescending and patronising.

Horrible woman who has built a career out of being condescending and patronising.

seems to have found a credible presenter by accident

I saw a bit of it last night, is this a new series of episodes? I was only thinking earlier in the week how I hadn't seen it for a while.

And there is something that I love about Claudia, so to see a new lady in the chair was a let down.

I saw a bit of it last night, is this a new series of episodes? I was only thinking earlier in the week how I hadn't seen it for a while.

And there is something that I love about Claudia, so to see a new lady in the chair was a let down.

How many programmes are you talking about here? And which one (s)?

I prefer this one to Claudia

the story of the Marshall Amp

turn it up to 11 and enjoy