The TV Thread

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the programme about the 50th anniversary of the recording of the Beatles first album.

Joss Stone is a good singer but a moron.

beverley Knight blew the whole thing to bits with Twist and Shout, and it was good to see half of the Mersey Beats back together-very underrated band.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Been really enjoying "wonders of life" having this on straight after "Africa" finished the BBC have been spoiling me recently. They really do those types of programs so much better than anyone else, the camera work on Africa was out of this world.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

Been really enjoying "wonders of life" having this on straight after "Africa" finished the BBC have been spoiling me recently. They really do those types of programs so much better than anyone else, the camera work on Africa was out of this world.

I agree, excellent show. Whilst they have simplified the science they haven't dumbed it down. I don't understand everything that is presented on first viewing but they have got the balance right between explaining the biology/chemistry and nature photography (borrowed from the Attenborough series).

Fides invicta triumphat

I agree, excellent show. Whilst they have simplified the science they haven't dumbed it down. I don't understand everything that is presented on first viewing but they have got the balance right between explaining the biology/chemistry and nature photography (borrowed from the Attenborough series).

It's good that they still make shows that expand peoples knowledge rather than, the increasing number that, insult peoples intelligence.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

From the 'Question Time' credits, which was filmed in St Paul's Cathedral. :D

1092429-QT.JPG

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

From the 'Question Time' credits, which was filmed in St Paul's Cathedral. :D

1092429-QT.JPG

Didn't spot that. I must say I was getting distracted by the majesty of St Pauls whilst listening to what Peter Hitchens had to say. Just as well really.

Fides invicta triumphat

Last Ripper Street tonight. Great series. Jerome Flynn's career resurrection gets better and better.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Last Ripper Street tonight. Great series. Jerome Flynn's career resurrection gets better and better.

yes

really enjoyed it

quality ensemble acting

well crafted stories

I hope it returns

Keeping it local

Some great telly on Sunday nights ATM. Call the Midwife, Wonders of Life and Top Gear (not fashionable to say this but I like it). Good old BBC.

Been enjoying a US show that to my knowledge hasn't been aired over here yet called Community. It's a quirky sitcom about a group of mature students at a community college. Clever script with lots of references and foreshadowing that are only noticed on repeat viewings. When I say quirky it's not quite in the Mighty Boosh league but they have had episodes filmed using claymation, one rendered like a video game and the two paintballing episodes were brilliant.

Fides invicta triumphat

Some great telly on Sunday nights ATM. Call the Midwife, Wonders of Life and Top Gear (not fashionable to say this but I like it). Good old BBC.

This latest series of Top Gear hasn't exactly been vintage stuff, IMO.

'Dancing on the Edge' finished last night. I wasn't sure about it when it started, but ended up enjoying it quite a lot, mainly due to the excellent cast and music.

Who'd have thought that Mel Smith would turn in a fine and understated performance like he did? Especially if you've ever watched 'Morons from Outer Space'. :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a trailer for 'The Challenger' on the BBC last night. A dramatisation of the enquiry into the Challenger space shuttle disaster. Looks like it might be good, especially for fans of Richard Feynmann and his books.

William Hurt plays Feynmann, and the cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Brian Dennehy, Kevin McNally, Joanne Whalley, Eve Best and Henry Goodman.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I saw a trailer for 'The Challenger' on the BBC last night. A dramatisation of the enquiry into the Challenger space shuttle disaster. Looks like it might be good, especially for fans of Richard Feynmann and his books.

William Hurt plays Feynmann, and the cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Brian Dennehy, Kevin McNally, Joanne Whalley, Eve Best and Henry Goodman.

Well, that was pretty damn good! William Hurt had a good attempt at Feynman, although the character was at least 20% Donald Sutherland. The rest of the cast were very good indeed.

The story was, I suppose necessarily, simplified, but if you want to know more, Feynman's book 'What do you care what other people think?' is a very fine read.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, that was pretty damn good! William Hurt had a good attempt at Feynman, although the character was at least 20% Donald Sutherland. The rest of the cast were very good indeed.

The story was, I suppose necessarily, simplified, but if you want to know more, Feynman's book 'What do you care what other people think?' is a very fine read.

Really enjoyed it, fine performances all round.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

missed it: ######. It got really good reviews and William Hurt doesn't turn poor performance in.

Keeping it local

Just started watching 'The Syndicate' a lot of which was filmed in Bradford. Girl has just met a lad who claims to have just signed for the Bulls and has some sort of Bulls t-shirt on. Proper coverage at last!!

Saw it was a Kay Mellor effort so decided to leave it.

Currently working our way thought season 2 blu rays of Game Of Thrones ready for season 3. Superb stuff.

Fides invicta triumphat

Saw it was a Kay Mellor effort so decided to leave it.

Currently working our way thought season 2 blu rays of Game Of Thrones ready for season 3. Superb stuff.

watched it because there are actor in it that I like

it's the usual plot but with nurses uniforms.

Keeping it local

I think I'll give it a look for the Bradford on TV angle. I was in the same year at school with the lass Natalie Gavin, we spoke only occasionally though, she's been in quite a few things now, good on her!

sh was superb in prisoners wives

Keeping it local