Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,122 posts in this topic

I saw a trailer for 'The Challenger' on the BBC last night. A dramatisation of the enquiry into the Challenger space shuttle disaster. Looks like it might be good, especially for fans of Richard Feynmann and his books.

William Hurt plays Feynmann, and the cast also includes Bruce Greenwood, Brian Dennehy, Kevin McNally, Joanne Whalley, Eve Best and Henry Goodman.

Well, that was pretty damn good! William Hurt had a good attempt at Feynman, although the character was at least 20% Donald Sutherland. The rest of the cast were very good indeed.

The story was, I suppose necessarily, simplified, but if you want to know more, Feynman's book 'What do you care what other people think?' is a very fine read.

Well, that was pretty damn good! William Hurt had a good attempt at Feynman, although the character was at least 20% Donald Sutherland. The rest of the cast were very good indeed.

The story was, I suppose necessarily, simplified, but if you want to know more, Feynman's book 'What do you care what other people think?' is a very fine read.

Really enjoyed it, fine performances all round.

missed it: ######. It got really good reviews and William Hurt doesn't turn poor performance in.

Just started watching 'The Syndicate' a lot of which was filmed in Bradford. Girl has just met a lad who claims to have just signed for the Bulls and has some sort of Bulls t-shirt on. Proper coverage at last!!

Just started watching 'The Syndicate' a lot of which was filmed in Bradford. Girl has just met a lad who claims to have just signed for the Bulls and has some sort of Bulls t-shirt on. Proper coverage at last!!

Saw it was a Kay Mellor effort so decided to leave it.

Currently working our way thought season 2 blu rays of Game Of Thrones ready for season 3. Superb stuff.

Currently working our way thought season 2 blu rays of Game Of Thrones ready for season 3. Superb stuff.

Not exactly a fan of hers either, just watching it to do a bit of scene and extra spotting. There was quite a big scene filmed at Odsal though.

watched it because there are actor in it that I like

it's the usual plot but with nurses uniforms.

I think I'll give it a look for the Bradford on TV angle. I was in the same year at school with the lass Natalie Gavin, we spoke only occasionally though, she's been in quite a few things now, good on her!

I think I'll give it a look for the Bradford on TV angle. I was in the same year at school with the lass Natalie Gavin, we spoke only occasionally though, she's been in quite a few things now, good on her!

sh was superb in prisoners wives

missed it: ######. It got really good reviews and William Hurt doesn't turn poor performance in.

Worth catching on iPlayer, if you are able. If not, get the book. And there is plenty of the real Richard Feynman on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE

Worth catching on iPlayer, if you are able. If not, get the book. And there is plenty of the real Richard Feynman on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE

I've got it. I'll see

I'm practicing my guitar today when I can get off my ass

Watched the first episode of I, Claudius last night on BBC Four. Typical for the period the whole thing looks very staged, but the writing was spot on and the acting top notch. Even Brian Blessed managed not to shout.

The Matt Lucas awards is easily ghe most smug, self regarding, unfunny, pointless waste of time and licence fee payers' money on te beeb

The Matt Lucas awards is easily ghe most smug, self regarding, unfunny, pointless waste of time and licence fee payers' money on te beeb

Steady on. It might be all those things (it's certainly a waste of airtime), but surely the Six Nations coverage and the fawning smugness of Inverdale is worse?

Either half of that wasn't Bradford, or there's half of Bradford I haven't seen.

Either half of that wasn't Bradford, or there's half of Bradford I haven't seen.

Some of it was L**ds.

Poor Luke Gale, worst cameo ever.

Heard he's heading to Hollywood.

Some of it was L**ds.

their house was in Holt park

sh was superb in prisoners wives

That's on in a few minutes, is she double dipping then?

Steady on. It might be all those things (it's certainly a waste of airtime), but surely the Six Nations coverage and the fawning smugness of Inverdale is worse?

taken as read

That's on in a few minutes, is she double dipping then?

I don't think she's in it now.

I'm sky plussing it for when the mem sahib gets back from her mate's

Tonight - Spirited Away (2001 124min.) [Film4 6.30pm &+1]. If you've never seen this animated film from Studio Ghibli, do yourself a favour.

taken as read

Yes, sorry. If I had three choices for 'Room 101' it would be Inverdale, Inverdale and Inverdale. And possibly Michael McIntyre. What do people see in him? STOP LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN JOKES!