Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bedford Roughyed

The TV Thread

2,071 posts in this topic

This series of Scott and Bailey has been really good. The finale was brilliant telly.

agree

I hope there's a new series

tried to watch "pointless" on challenge tv, as if its not the slowest most drawn out quiz on tv anyway, after the opening 8 and half minutes without a single question been asked there was a barrage of ads, lost patience and flicked on to other channels that just seemed to be adverts with bits of programmes inbetween.

I can't stand Eddie Izzard either.

Though I think Grayson Perry is pretty good at what he does.

never laughed once at eddie izzard, in fact there is a glut of so called "comedians" who just ramble on about sheeeeite , john bishop been the worst offender.

Lizard Lick Towing is my current favourite.

"Get the VIN Bobby"

I wanna be a redneck.

These faux jeopardy shows where people do their job are getting out of control now. It should have stopped where it started at Ace of Cakes and that's it.

Not sure I see the connection.

Grayson Perry did an absolutely superb exhibition at the British Museum.  Before going in I'd thought he was a bit of a ###### - but that completely changed my view of him.

Eddie Izzard I find quite amusing in small doses.

never laughed once at eddie izzard, in fact there is a glut of so called "comedians" who just ramble on about sheeeeite , john bishop been the worst offender.

I agree.

A danger sign is when a reviewer calls their shtick 'surreal musings' and such: Ross Noble springs to mind.

Give me Al Read, Les Dawson, Tommy Cooper, Arthur Haynes and dave Spikey any day

I agree.

A danger sign is when a reviewer calls their shtick 'surreal musings' and such: Ross Noble springs to mind.

Give me Al Read, Les Dawson, Tommy Cooper, Arthur Haynes and dave Spikey any day

Without taking this thread off topic, and separately that I like Noble, I saw Spikey once at St George's Hall. Front and centre.

Awkward to say the least. Worst stand up gig I've been to!

Without taking this thread off topic, and separately that I like Noble, I saw Spikey once at St George's Hall. Front and centre.

it happens

currently enjoying Gillian Anderson in 'The Fall'

Second (or another) series on the way I believe.

Second (or another) series on the way I believe.

good

on another tv topic: her in the wheelchair in Corrie who Tina has had the baby for is getting on my wick at the minute. Also I wish somebody would expose carl for the murdering get that he is, and that Tracey finally gets her comeuppance: I think she's met her match with Carla.

spikey has made it off the back of pheonix nights and peter kays writing, im sure hes a nice enough chap but not that funny on his own, the new serieses of bullseye were cringworthy disaster due to picking the wrong host in mr spikey, he even looks awkward on countdown but that could be down to been 10 foot away from rachel riley in one of those dresses!

New series Frankie is excellent.

New series Frankie is complete rubbish.

Cardboard cutout characters that are entirely without redeeming features, unrealistic and unbelievable plot lines and totally inaccurate portrayal of District Nursing.

Apart from that.....

Caught the first episode of the Fall last night and it looks superb. Gillian Anderson has aged very well  :wub:

, he even looks awkward on countdown but that could be down to been 10 foot away from rachel riley in one of those dresses!

Pretty sure I'd be a gibbering heap too if I was that near Rachel Riley. I think I would turn into Jack from 'On The Buses' or possibly Sid James.

New series Frankie is complete rubbish.

Cardboard cutout characters that are entirely without redeeming features, unrealistic and unbelievable plot lines and totally inaccurate portrayal of District Nursing.

Apart from that.....

Well I find it entertaining; an hour or so of light drama.

If you want a hard hitting documentary about the workings of District Nursing BBC Four is this way -->

:tongue: 

Light drama is normally a euphemism for "please don't expect much ..."

Light drama is normally a euphemism for "please don't expect much ..."

Is that what you say to Mrs...

No, no. I won't, I'll refrain!

;)