Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyc

crowds

64 posts in this topic

Anybody know the average league attendance at the ROVERS this season

If you are from the rfl it is 2,876

2282 is our average league home attendance this season . :)

Might be short but how does it compare to last season average if it more we are doing things right.

How does it compare to to the rest of the league average and the worst attended team in S/L average

As with much the club is doing, another step in the right direction. :)

Massive step in the right direction. I dont know the exact percentage but i would have thought its a large increase on last years, which takes some doing well done to all

One thing to remember is that a lot of our home gates have been achieved with very small contributions from away supporters. If you look at London's gates, for example, they seem to have a hardcore of about 1500-1750 home fans but gates tend to be doubled (or more than doubled) when the likes of Wigan etc visit. If we are getting well over 2,000 against Championship teams that don't bring many fans, we'd surely be at 4,000+ in SL?

for instance, as examples of the impact travelling support (and of course a high-profile opponent for the home fans to watch too) these are some of London's home attendances this season:

Salford 1517

Catalan 1829

Huddersfield 1970

Widnes 2117

Wakefield 2268

but also

Leeds 3628

Hull 3930

Wigan 4309

St Helens 4924

we would get some big crowds against a lot of teams in SL.

due to the proximity of those top clubs we'd get more bud pretty obvious.and that mythical 2500 they keep bangin on about's been blown right out the water cos their "pet team" aka Bronco's cant get that to 70% of their games

This year's home league attendances:

Leigh 2383

Sheffield 2293

Halifax 2806

York 1610

Dewsbury 2241

Hunslet 2021

Batley 2304

Swinton 2068

Keighley 2816

Average 2282

This year's home league attendances:

Leigh 2383

Sheffield 2293

Halifax 2806

York 1610

Dewsbury 2241

Hunslet 2021

Batley 2304

Swinton 2068

Keighley 2816

Average 2282

Interesting. Some as you might expect in there, but I wonder why the York attendance was so much lower than the others?

Just shows that the extra hard work for this weekend attendance paid off well done to everyone

Interesting. Some as you might expect in there, but I wonder why the York attendance was so much lower than the others?

I think that game was switched to Saturday at rather late notice. Could have had an effect.

Our fabled away support ensured that our game's attendance was well above average, then. :blink:

I think that game was switched to Saturday at rather late notice. Could have had an effect.

Assuming you've listed them in order, it was also the 1st game after our tonking by Fax. Might have had an effect. :lol:

Our fabled away support ensured that our game's attendance was well above average, then. :blink:

not well up on my english, so i'm assuming fabled is a synonim of pathetic :rolleyes:

not well up on my english, so i'm assuming fabled is a synonim of pathetic :rolleyes:

Griffin is however a synonym of fool.

Griff might be a lot of things Colin, but just trust me on this one, he's not a fool.

Griff might be a lot of things Colin, but just trust me on this one, he's not a fool.

to be fair Robin, he didn't say he was.

Fair play, no he didn't!

I have a plethora of adjectives i could use. fool isn't one of them.

Surprised at the attendance figure for fax's last game of the season. Appear to of lost about 5000 fans against others years ;)

What was the avg. attendance for 2011 and 2010?

Just for you Matt, note that the 2011 attendances were hit really badly after the trouble at the Fev/Fax game and didn't come back until late in the season.

Chamionship 2011 Average: 1651

Championship 2010 Average: 1918

Championship 2009 Average: 1808

National League 1 2008 Average: 1409