Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyc

crowds

64 posts in this topic

Griff might be a lot of things Colin, but just trust me on this one, he's not a fool.

He's a bl**dy good actor then. :rolleyes:

He's a bl**dy good actor then. :rolleyes:

oh he might be Stuart. :lol: Like I said, I have many unused adjectives I would offer up first tho! :lol: :lol:

Interesting crowd figures from this weekends matches.

Salford-wakey 2380

London-HKR 2525

The York game was the week after we had beaten Batley away, it was the first games for Ellis and Briscoe. It was an evening kick off, Saturday night, and indeed clashed with the Champions League final, it was also an exceptionally cold cloudy day for the time of year. The away support was almost none existent that evening.

2282 is a brilliant figure considering Rovers haven't dropped their prices apart from one or two special offers, like the Keighley game to end the season. A Wakey season ticket is currently cheaper than Rovers', and if Fev needed to meet the 2,500 average they could easily do so by dropping prices. But why should they at present, when the year-on-year increase seems to be putting them on course anyhow!

It will be interesting, however, to find out whether Wakey's experiment of dropping season ticket prices has worked! Their crowds seem to have shot up!

BTW, has anyone seen the Sheffield - Batley attendance for the first round of the play-offs :- 722 according to Sporting Life, disgusting if it's true! 1,203 for Halifax - Keighley wasn't much better, there can't have been any freebies on offer!

Didn't think it was a shared gate in the playoffs

Keighley 2816 is the highest attendance for any league game this season

No it isnt fax at home was

No it isnt fax at home was

The 2,800+ against Fax followed the excellent display against Wigan. The next home game after the shocking display against Fax was the 1600 against York. I wonder how much the 60 points conceded affected our average for the season?

Keep up the consistency and we should achieve the target next year!

The 2,800+ against Fax followed the excellent display against Wigan. The next home game after the shocking display against Fax was the 1600 against York. I wonder how much the 60 points conceded affected our average for the season?

Keep up the consistency and we should achieve the target next year!

You've only lost two league games all season. Talk about pot half empty ........ :lol:

People are walking away from the game in droves

Is it fair to say that people are starting to return to RL again

Is it fair to say that people are starting to return to RL again

try asking our neighbours in cas..wakeys are up,but they got cheap season tickets.

try asking our neighbours in cas..wakeys are up,but they got cheap season tickets.

Average 6,663

They would have been grateful for an average like that in the good old days before SL

Their season has been a nightmare: their crowds have held up well considering.

Even the Broncos average higher than Rovers last cup winning season

Average 6,663

They would have been grateful for an average like that in the good old days before SL

My memory may be failing me but I seem to remember a season when we won the cup and our league attendances were shocking but that was down to lousy play throughout the season. I may be wrong but I thought donny did the double over us that year.

Average 6,663

why are you comparing todays crowds with the "good old days", rather than their time in the elite when they have been visited only by the so called top clubs.

My memory may be failing me but I seem to remember a season when we won the cup and our league attendances were shocking but that was down to lousy play throughout the season. I may be wrong but I thought donny did the double over us that year.

correct, if Barrow had won at hull on the last day, we were down.

1983 average 2,600

Rovers didn't play Doncaster.

It was a poor season in the League right enough, but the cup run coincided with the lead up to the end of the season, with Rovers battling against relegaation...something which we are old is supposed to have them hanging from the rafters.

why are you comparing todays crowds with the "good old days", rather than their time in the elite when they have been visited only by the so called top clubs.

because things were supposed to be 'better' then: they weren't.

Rovers' crowds when they were in the elite were poor-even in a championship winning season, or qv during the mythical times of the relegation dogfights.

Rovers' crowds when they were in the elite were poor-even in a championship winning season, or qv during the mythical times of the relegation dogfights.

let's leave it at that shall we.

Glass half empty again Chris?

Glass half empty again Chris?

isn't it always Dave

:D