Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ben+olis dad

RIP Donald Hunt

13 posts in this topic

While we are all over the moon with winning the League again,lets spare a moment to remember Donald Hunt

i had the pleasure of speaking to Donald on a number of occasions, a true gentleman. RIP Donald and condolences to the family.

Lovely man, and a good servant to this great club of ours, Donald was also heavily involved in the local branch of The Royal British Legion. Condolences to his family and friends.

Fantastic man was Donald and and one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. I had the pleasure of working alongside him as a committee member and director of the club for many years and his passion for Rovers was immeasurable. He'll be sadly missed by all who knew him. Condolences to to Moira and family.

How very sad I am to read this. What a great man!

Fantastic man was Donald and and one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. I had the pleasure of working alongside him as a committee member and director of the club for many years and his passion for Rovers was immeasurable. He'll be sadly missed by all who knew him. Condolences to to Moira and family.

I echo your words Terry

Donald was a true gentleman, with a great sense of humour and a twinkle in his eye.

He was very influential in establishing the magnificent war memorial on station lane-I urge everyone to visit it if they haven't already and pause a while.

Donald's experiences in world war 2 are the subject of a book he wrote: he was an officer in the Royal Irish Horse, a tank regiment in North Africa.

We owe a lot to people like him, and the rest of his rapidly disappearing generation.

I echo your words Terry

Donald was a true gentleman, with a great sense of humour and a twinkle in his eye.

He was very influential in establishing the magnificent war memorial on station lane-I urge everyone to visit it if they haven't already and pause a while.

Donald's experiences in world war 2 are the subject of a book he wrote: he was an officer in the Royal Irish Horse, a tank regiment in North Africa.

We owe a lot to people like him, and the rest of his rapidly disappearing generation.

Yes.

Rest in Peace.

i had the pleasure of speaking to Donald on a number of occasions, a true gentleman. RIP Donald and condolences to the family.

I endorse all those sentiments OR. Met him on a number of occasions a smashing bloke and a gentleman in the true sense of the word.

R.I.P Donald a very nice gentleman..

I served on a couple of committees with Donald and his contributions were always thoughtful and polite.

As someone said, a very nice man and I'm sad to hear of his passing.

When's the funeral ?

Was in last weeks Pont & C@s