Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bowes

NCL 3 next season

199 posts in this topic

Bowes there has only been you banging the drum about why Bramley should not have been allowed in

Not True.

They have no reserves, no juniors, no club mark, shared ground ,playing strengths questionable, un fullfilled fixtures.

In fact its quite supriseing their allowed in any league.

Longman .... Sorry forgot about you yes we have not run a second team for a few years now but were hoping to start that again, juniors we have not got buffalo juniors I agree bit we are aligned with a local club and have done some work with them this year, the criteria does not say that you have to actually have a junior set up if you read it , clubmark no we have not got that , we were working toward it and as 4 of the teams have not got it I don't think that holds water. Unfulfilled fixtures yes 1 this year and 2 last year looking back in the last 2 years of ncl results there are some 24-0 scores so it looks at some time other teams have struggled. But fir the previous 7 seasons I don't think that we did too badly the record speaks fir itself. You state the obvious about the groundshare but didn't 2 Leigh teams share a couple of seasons ago and don't stanningley and Milford both share with the rhinos and Coventry with an union club ? So what's the problem there. I do think that Bramley and wizards have been sold short by the rl as they have travelled the length and breadth of England and Wales in the last few years spreading the game. Some teams tried and failed to keep going in this league and fell by the wayside Essex Gateshead Manchester Coventry all come to mind but wizards and Bramley kept at it( as did Hemel and underbank) but others came and went. Do I sound bitter well yes I am stitched up I think we have been but to here people on here berate a team of volunteers who picked a club up and got it playing again well they just have not got a clue,

They dropped out of the ncl , I think for a couple of seasons then came back in, think they were going through a bit of a bad patch no doubt bowes will put me straight

They dropped out of the ncl , I think for a couple of seasons then came back in, think they were going through a bit of a bad patch no doubt bowes will put me straight

Pretty much right yeah we dropped down a division after 2005 to start junior development and build up as the club at the time had no roots. Plus the club was near bankruptcy with the travel costs. We also had the same problem Bramley have in reliance on winter players albeit from RU. Thankfully we made that division but we had to step back up when we did or else it would have been to waste.

They did go out of the RLCN and it was around the time they lost their main sponsor so their coach (Troy) went to Hemel.

That's hardly the same as Essex Eels or Manchester.

http://www.code13rug...medium=facebook

Two points:

1. They weren't really competing in the NCL

2. Because there is no true pyramid, you don't have to go through the NCL to become a pro club. In fact, preparing a strategy to be a CC1 club and preparing a strategy to be an NCL club are two quite different things. A strategy of just running a first team and relying on other clubs to develop players is what most CC1 clubs do, not what NCL clubs do.

Another piece of quality research ;-)

I almost phoned you yesterday, but it would probably have turned into me moaning down the phone for about half an hour, so decided you could probably do without that ;)

Incidentally it's not necessarily the NCL expansion that killed the league as Hemel were going Championship 1, St Albans were probably dropping a division anyway and Kippax and South Wales Hornets would have been expelled anyway. Though would 4 new teams have been found?

Longman .... Sorry forgot about you yes we have not run a second team for a few years now but were hoping to start that again, juniors we have not got buffalo juniors I agree bit we are aligned with a local club and have done some work with them this year, the criteria does not say that you have to actually have a junior set up if you read it , clubmark no we have not got that , we were working toward it and as 4 of the teams have not got it I don't think that holds water. Unfulfilled fixtures yes 1 this year and 2 last year looking back in the last 2 years of ncl results there are some 24-0 scores so it looks at some time other teams have struggled. But fir the previous 7 seasons I don't think that we did too badly the record speaks fir itself. You state the obvious about the groundshare but didn't 2 Leigh teams share a couple of seasons ago and don't stanningley and Milford both share with the rhinos and Coventry with an union club ? So what's the problem there. I do think that Bramley and wizards have been sold short by the rl as they have travelled the length and breadth of England and Wales in the last few years spreading the game. Some teams tried and failed to keep going in this league and fell by the wayside Essex Gateshead Manchester Coventry all come to mind but wizards and Bramley kept at it( as did Hemel and underbank) but others came and went. Do I sound bitter well yes I am stitched up I think we have been but to here people on here berate a team of volunteers who picked a club up and got it playing again well they just have not got a clue,

Paragraphs are your friend you know, don't be afraid to use them...

http://www.code13rug...medium=facebook

Two points:

1. They weren't really competing in the NCL

2. Because there is no true pyramid, you don't have to go through the NCL to become a pro club. In fact, preparing a strategy to be a CC1 club and preparing a strategy to be an NCL club are two quite different things. A strategy of just running a first team and relying on other clubs to develop players is what most CC1 clubs do, not what NCL clubs do.

I stated clearly why Bramley failed the criteria and got my comment deleted and blocked from further comment. Obviously someone wants to perpetuate a lie.

Incidentally it's not necessarily the NCL expansion that killed the league as Hemel were going Championship 1, St Albans were probably dropping a division anyway and Kippax and South Wales Hornets would have been expelled anyway. Though would 4 new teams have been found?

You don't half change your tunes. :wacko:

You don't half change your tunes. :wacko:

Not at all. I've always claimed the RLCN and NCL3 was flawed, just thought it the least bad option. I bought into the original NL3 dream as a new fan of the game but it soon fell apart.

I stated clearly why Bramley failed the criteria and got my comment deleted and blocked from further comment. Obviously someone wants to perpetuate a lie.

Your comment is still there and has, in fact, attracted an abusive reply.

Your comment is still there and has, in fact, attracted an abusive reply.

I don't see how they can on the one hand claim to not know why they were rejected but on the other hand shout abuse at simple explanations.

That's hardly the same as Essex Eels or Manchester.

I think the problem with these two clubs and a few others at the time was having over ambitious committees.

bowes i have not abused anyone ...

I agree. I was referring to the poster on Code13.

I almost phoned you yesterday, but it would probably have turned into me moaning down the phone for about half an hour, so decided you could probably do without that ;)

Anytime you need to moan, just call! Theres plenty afoot, its just not being broadcast on here ;-)

Anytime you need to moan, just call! Theres plenty afoot, its just not being broadcast on here ;-)

Got your own column in RLW or whatever it's called

Not that it matters but Stanningley don't own the ground either Leeds city council own itl and Stanningley lease it and Bramley rent it.

Bramley's bid may have been speculative but NCL should have advised all clubs approved or not at the same time & discussed with the clubs their applications and what criteria they did or didn't meet prior to issuing names. That's the only business like way to run an organisation.After the clubs voted the full list of applicants should be published showing details of all criteria and how they were marked.

Not doing so leaves a bitter taste, leads to pages of ill informed speculation & does nothing at all to improve the image of RL from the outside.

Got your own column in RLW or whatever it's called

Lol! I really should. I might call it Thorney Issues ;-)

Reffed Balby Carr 6th form today v St Wilfreds, of, er, Featherstone, Ponte.... some good players knocking about!

Lol! I really should. I might call it Thorney Issues ;-)

Reffed Balby Carr 6th form today v St Wilfreds, of, er, Featherstone, Ponte.... some good players knocking about!

Balby would be a good area to set up another open aged side in Donny as it could take in players all the way to Rotherham with no competition that side of town