Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bowes

NCL 3 next season

199 posts in this topic

Anytime you need to moan, just call! Theres plenty afoot, its just not being broadcast on here ;-)

Yes, that's the impression I got when talking to other people at the RFL. I'm just impatient ;)

Just been reading the NCL website and saw this -

The National Conference League has invited nine new clubs to enter the competition for the 2013 season following an NCL clubs meeting earlier this week where existing clubs voted in favour of them being accepted. Coventry Bears, Peterlee Pumas, Nottingham Outlaws. Kells, Hindley, Wigan St Cuthberts, Underbank, Pilkington Recs and Barrow Island now have until Tuesday October 2nd to confirm their application ......... Further details about next year’s structure and process will follow after theTuesday 2nd deadline.

Does the comment about next years 'struture and process' refer to the amateur (summer) leagues below the NCL as well, or is that a totally seperate set up? As I visit several clubs in the south east to watch the amateur game, I was just wondering when we would find out about their league set ups etc.

Just been reading the NCL website and saw this -

The National Conference League has invited nine new clubs to enter the competition for the 2013 season following an NCL clubs meeting earlier this week where existing clubs voted in favour of them being accepted. Coventry Bears, Peterlee Pumas, Nottingham Outlaws. Kells, Hindley, Wigan St Cuthberts, Underbank, Pilkington Recs and Barrow Island now have until Tuesday October 2nd to confirm their application ......... Further details about next year’s structure and process will follow after theTuesday 2nd deadline.

Does the comment about next years 'struture and process' refer to the amateur (summer) leagues below the NCL as well, or is that a totally seperate set up? As I visit several clubs in the south east to watch the amateur game, I was just wondering when we would find out about their league set ups etc.

This is just the NCL. I doubt we'll know the make up of 'the other tier 3 league' til December and lower leagues January or February (this is based on past seasons experience)

Peterlee is an interesting one. I know they played in the Yorkshire league under the North East Colliers name but nobody talked about them playing NCL.

Having been to watch many Sonics games over the past 3 years I'm at the point of not bothering anymore. The year to year uncertainty is a joke. All this nonsense from the rfl about a clear structure is pathetic. I can only conclude that the only expansion that interests the rfl are those that come with a backer and none that involve organic bottom up growth. I honestly can't think of any other sport where so many fans, players and admin are so blinkered and selfish.

Having been to watch many Sonics games over the past 3 years I'm at the point of not bothering anymore. The year to year uncertainty is a joke. All this nonsense from the rfl about a clear structure is pathetic. I can only conclude that the only expansion that interests the rfl are those that come with a backer and none that involve organic bottom up growth. I honestly can't think of any other sport where so many fans, players and admin are so blinkered and selfish.

Watch this space for a strong league uniting the likes of Bristol, Nottingham and Northampton.

Watch this space for a strong league uniting the likes of Bristol, Nottingham and Northampton.

How can it be stronger than what it was?

How can it be stronger than what it was?

It can't. But it will be more sustainable.

I saw the RFL director/executive responsible for the community game at the Championship Grand Final, so I asked him what was happening. He basically said "don't worry, we'll know more very soon but something is being sorted". So he's confident, at least. Which I suppose is a good sign!

I saw the RFL director/executive responsible for the community game at the Championship Grand Final, so I asked him what was happening. He basically said "don't worry, we'll know more very soon but something is being sorted". So he's confident, at least. Which I suppose is a good sign!

Ha Ha, That sounds about correct from what I was told last night by a sacked RFL Development officers, he said the RFL are a joke and are in disarray from top to bottom, he mentioned going into meeting where they basically made it up as they went along and if we are all honest it really does show.

Ha Ha, That sounds about correct from what I was told last night by a sacked RFL Development officers, he said the RFL are a joke and are in disarray from top to bottom, he mentioned going into meeting where they basically made it up as they went along and if we are all honest it really does show.

Really? Somebody who's been sacked from an organisation doesn't rate it much?

Ha Ha, That sounds about correct from what I was told last night

To be fair, this particular director, in my experience, does know what he's talking about. He told me he expected at least one club that had been offered a place in NCL3 to turn it down.

Looks like he was right

There are concerns for most of the development officers' jobs because of Sport England cuts.

But there definitely is a plan for a league for the likes of Northampton, St Albans, Bristol, Nottingham etc just the line up is confirmed. Plans for such a league came out officially in 2010 or 2011 so we can't say it's made up in the spot. In fact the RFL have had hopes for such a league dating back to after the 2006 season.

There are concerns for most of the development officers' jobs because of Sport England cuts.

But there definitely is a plan for a league for the likes of Northampton, St Albans, Bristol, Nottingham etc just the line up is confirmed. Plans for such a league came out officially in 2010 or 2011 so we can't say it's made up in the spot. In fact the RFL have had hopes for such a league dating back to after the 2006 season.

Did I state any specific area of development? I'd say the Tier3 Midlands is more an Idea and it's obviously they have not got a plan just yet.

This falls into what I was basically told, they (The RFL) come up with a idea without a plan on how to get from `A` to `B`, they then try to make up a plan on how to make it work as they go along.

I'm sure we are all aware they normally cock up with plan `A` without having a plan `B`anyway.

I also find it amusing how some call the RFL when they think things arn't going their way but soon change their tune once they feel the RFL have given them something.

The RFL are often bad but this plan is actually more advanced than you'd think.

To be fair, this particular director, in my experience, does know what he's talking about. He told me he expected at least one club that had been offered a place in NCL3 to turn it down.

Looks like he was right

According to the NCL website Nottingham Outlaws and Barrow Island declined the option. The other 7 have been admitted and there are another two clubs being considered.

According to the NCL website Nottingham Outlaws and Barrow Island declined the option. The other 7 have been admitted and there are another two clubs being considered.

Who is being considered?

Who is being considered?

Your new bid and Blackbrook I believe. Anyone else meeting criteria is welcome to apply.

Your new bid and Blackbrook I believe. Anyone else meeting criteria is welcome to apply.

Should make for a strong league.

Should make for a strong league.

Yes.

You'll be our local derby

The RFL are often bad but this plan is actually more advanced than you'd think.

Mr Contradiction, two weeks ago you was doing a little bit of spread betting because you didn't know what the RFL was going to do next and now your saying this plan is in an advanced state :D Sounds more like we'll sit down with an idea to try and work a plan out.

I'd like to see Bristol given a crack.

No need to worry then RL will come to the rescue like a knight shining amour or will it be in arriving too late at night dressed in dull tinfoil after the wake!!

The NCL remains the bedrock of Tier 3. That will not change , nor for the duration of the agreement with the RFL will it's governance.

Nottingham have declined for reasons explained elsewhere on these threads ; Barrow Island largely withdrew because of planning issues ( trees and field works ?) Both clubs respected the process and will be welcome again should the shoe fit.

The NCL will proceed with a third division of ten if necessary. I have heard talk of other applications. Should they materialize ( the application process is never closed ) then they will be treated with due process and if appropriate club vote further down the line.....

The NCL Management have meanwhile to consider and advise upon , as normal, the re-selection process and issues of fixture failures in what has been a trying season.....

And so to the rest of Tier 3.

Think ' Hub ' activity. A Midlands League at ( almost ) NCL levels is a progressive and sustainable model And more easily fundable. It has been in the making for longer than most people realise. London / South will follow later.

Coventry need NCL opposition prior to CC1 ; Bristol need to rain check their massive gains over the last 3 months before moving forward.

And for the visionaries , Tier 3 outside the NCL could well prove to be an entirely different ball game to that in the heartlands ,with CC1 running reserves in the same competition as stand alone clubs........

Traditional structures / innovative approaches ? Great debates to be had..........