Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

The Gossip Thread

169 posts in this topic

Tom

Your fixation with bottoms is disturbing.

I think the clubs policy of drip-feeding info is exactly what we need. We have seen so many speculative bids knocked back so it's refreshing to know that signings are in the bag. Congrats to Tom and the Rams in my opinion

Well we now know we won't be signing Ash Lindsay,strange he turned down Batley first offer,wonder if we had contract talks with him,or maybe he was asking for too much,and decided to take the first offer from Batley .

Well we now know we won't be signing Ash Lindsay,strange he turned down Batley first offer,wonder if we had contract talks with him,or maybe he was asking for too much,and decided to take the first offer from Batley .

Apparently, there weren't any talks with Dewsbury, just an offer which he refused. He also didn't turn any Batley offer down. Just wanted to contemplate a possible retirement before saying yay or nay.

Tom

Your fixation with bottoms is disturbing.

I think the clubs policy of drip-feeding info is exactly what we need. We have seen so many speculative bids knocked back so it's refreshing to know that signings are in the bag. Congrats to Tom and the Rams in my opinion

I agree, as I said elsewhere on the forum GM goes about his work in a very professional way, only making announcements once he is sure everything is finalised, and not feeding speculation.

If he runs the playing side as well as he is running the out of season business we will do well under his regime.

Apparently, there weren't any talks with Dewsbury, just an offer which he refused. He also didn't turn any Batley offer down. Just wanted to contemplate a possible retirement before saying yay or nay.

Can't really blame him for thinking about all his options,thanks for the information.

The news is being handled very well, congratulations to all concerned.

Tom, could you update the 2013 squad thread please?

Welcome back, BSJ!

The thread is up to date, although there may be a new addition this tea-time. ;)

OK thanks Tom. You're doing a great job, as always.

On the forum this thread still shows last update Sept 10th and no new postings so I haven't checked it out till now.

I'm not back BTW - still surviving in outside temperatures of 27C - it's tough I can tell you!

OK thanks Tom. You're doing a great job, as always.

On the forum this thread still shows last update Sept 10th and no new postings so I haven't checked it out till now.

I'm not back BTW - still surviving in outside temperatures of 27C - it's tough I can tell you!

I'm just editing the same post, which is why it isn't showing up as a recent date.

I'm just editing the same post, which is why it isn't showing up as a recent date.

So the solution is..........................

B)

Gareth Walker does an excellent job of covering the Rams and the rest of the clubs in Championships on a weekly basis, and I was surprised to see us missing from Monday's League Express.

I'll speak with Martyn and Gareth this week and get to the bottom of it. :)

Stick gavin@loverugbyleague.com on your mailing list too please.

I'll make sure you get coverage on our website too.

Newspapers are so last century... ;)

Two big fast second rowers now please Glenn.

Lucas Walshaw...

According to the press, GM has almost completed his squad. So far it's a mixture of old faces, promising but untried kids and a couple of journeymen. I'd still like to see one or two "wow" signings - hope GM is saving the best until last. :unsure:

According to the press, GM has almost completed his squad. So far it's a mixture of old faces, promising but untried kids and a couple of journeymen. I'd still like to see one or two "wow" signings - hope GM is saving the best until last. :unsure:

up to 18 now and glens looking for a squad of around 25 so with around 7 more places left tops in our squad the squad is almost complete. Still need another centre, loose forward and afew other positions need strengthening but id say the squad is nearly complete. I still expect afew more signings though.

Its like Christmas theres always the special present one dose not know about or even doesnt. :D

Its like Christmas theres always the special present one dose not know about

Not in our house there isn't - last year I hinted that a new laptop would be welcome, but I still got the usual three S's - socks, shirt and season ticket. :huh:

So long as the special present is not a dose! :O

Get ready for another signing tomorrow folks !!

We've had enough turkeys thanks!

Now theres another story but one DOESNT want to spoil a family site.

Chris Annikin on 12 month loan deal from Wakefield. He played for Workington Town last season on dual reg.

Glad we have him on a 12 month loan and not on dual reg ,like the lad from Cas,another local lad,Workington fans seems sad he's not heading back up there on loan.Looks like we could have a settled squad after all.

Looks like Matt Nicholson has gone to York,i know a deal fell though for him to go and play in France,but still think we missed out in trying to play for us again in 2013.