Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birchy

Salford

95 posts in this topic

a lot of what you say is rank Robin :D

:lol: 2@ :lol:

Retired oldrover? Early on in the forum you were described as a child fev fans retire early."!!

Retired oldrover? Early on in the forum you were described as a child fev fans retire early."!!

physically retired, mentally a child, but god forbid i become morose

What does morose mean ? Is it a reference to supporting our neighbors that play in mucky yellow ? CAN'T find smileys on new phone

What does morose mean ? Is it a reference to supporting our neighbors that play in mucky yellow ? CAN'T find smileys on new phone

it's a code isn't it? dots and dashes and that

I thought probizz was generating all funds towards fev or am I being naive

At least half of the 'elite' comp is experiencing serious difficulties Chris. Anecdotally, I'm hearing from players and ex employees that Huddersfield aren't in great shape either.

We can no longer guarantee our best players stay in league - they go to union!

We are as far behind the aussies as ever - but we agree, there are a zillion other reasons for this.

We have had more clubs up sh it creek in such a short space of time than I can remember.

The RFL's own scrutiny has been left wanting.

There perseverence with Crusaders, despite evidence to the contrary, and the RFL's involvement in the visa fiasco, moving sticks to wrexham etc, left the RFL looking - I'll use embarrassed ....I could use a plethora of other descriptors.

The inability to adress the gap twixt SL and the game below SL.

The absence of any 'where to we go from here plan'... It's the "we have licencing now and we're stickjing with it cos it's the best thing ever and by the time we properly evaluate it and the games gone down the U bend, it'll be too late, but ne'er mind eh" that still agrieves me.

There have always been clubs going ar se upards - including our own. But since licencing was introduced there does appear to have been many more high profile 'difficulties' than I can ever remember.

You think the game is not on it's botty?? I think it is!! C'est la vie. There goes a difference of opinion.

Your definition of not being on it's ar se and mine are evidently different.

Just a quick point. I'm diversing a bit Robin. Just back from ho.liday and saw a headline when I was passing a newsagents at a stop off point. It was to do with the RU making a complete cock up of new broadcasting rights. I hadn't much time so didn't get it all in depth. But it suggested all is not right in the RU camp.

Could I remind everyone that capitals are important. Contrast the following:

I helped Uncle Jack off his horse.

I helped uncle jack off his horse.

So remember it is Featherstone Rovers.

Could I remind everyone that capitals are important. Contrast the following:

I helped Uncle Jack off his horse.

I helped uncle jack off his horse.

So remember it is Featherstone Rovers.

Ok Sir LOL

Hope uNCLE jACK is ok, was it a big horse?

I thought probizz was generating all funds towards fev or am I being naive

Yes you would think that a probiz is a probiz. Must see to this cold.

Hope uNCLE jACK is ok, was it a big horse?

Not it's keen on rugby. Its a pack horse.

Just to clarify, Workington were not a strategic inclusion in Sl, they actually won promotion the year before SL1 and finished 9th in the Stones Bitter "Big League". The cut off point for SL1 being the top 10 plus London and PSG to make up SL1. Just saying.....

Can anyone assist my ailing memory. Were Oldham & Workington relegated from Super League, or did they go bust? Same question with PSG? The reason I ask this is that I'm sure that I read somewhere at the time that, because Rovers finished 11th, they would be the first in line to go up if any SL club folded.

Was this true?

Can anyone assist my ailing memory. Were Oldham & Workington relegated from Super League, or did they go bust? Same question with PSG? The reason I ask this is that I'm sure that I read somewhere at the time that, because Rovers finished 11th, they would be the first in line to go up if any SL club folded.

Was this true?

Oldham and Workington went bust after being relegated - they were no parachute payments then and it was before players' contracts became null and void on relgation. Paris just went bust.

The often quoted 'Rovers are next in line should anyone drop out' was clearly just spin to appease the Rovers faithful.