See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gingerjon

Hillsborough (merged threads)

116 posts in this topic

After 23 years, the families of the 96 have been proved to have been correct.

Pretty major revelations, being covered in depth on Radio 5 this afternoon.

DETAILS HERE

So many shocking revelations. The most human of which is that at 3.15pm, the time by which it was decreed nobody could have taken any action that would have saved lives, there were actually 31 people who could have lived.

I have literally no idea how the families must be feeling today as they read for the first time what happened to their loved ones.

Top story on The Sun's webpage: "Former Westlife star Brian McFadden slams ex-wife Kerry Katona."

There are MPs fighting back tears as they make their statements. The scale of the cover-up is staggering.

There are MPs fighting back tears as they make their statements. The scale of the cover-up is staggering.

I don't mind admitting that they're not alone.

I watched the PM's statement ( and Miliband's response) . I too was close to tears. It will be interesting to see the Suns response, and to hear the South Yorks Police response, ( see here: http://www.southyork...-online-archive )

The report at last makes clear where the Sun got its info from, though. it seems that the then editor has a lot to answer for as he took the SYP's lies at face value.

I don't mind admitting that they're not alone.

Indeed. I was in bits.

The press conference at the cathedral going on right now is incredible.

Just watching. Ifs far far worse that the Parliamentary statement. FOUR senior police officers briefed Whites, the Sheffield news agency, that it was drunken fans that were responsible and they issued it to the media and it seems the media wanted it to be true.

And blood samples were taken from the injured in hospital too look for alcohol!

And it looks like this guy is in the frame big time http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/about-us/command-team/sir-norman-bettison

Just watching. Ifs far far worse that the Parliamentary statement. FOUR senior police officers briefed Whites, the Sheffield news agency, that it was drunken fans that were responsible and they issued it to the media and it seems the media wanted it to be true.

And it looks like this guy is in the frame big time http://www.westyorks...norman-bettison

Also, the panel statement is that 41 not 31 could have been saved post 3.15pm.

The press conference at the cathedral going on right now is incredible.

I've got it on while 'trying' to work, something I am having difficulty with today.

And all the deceased, including children.

They also trailed though all their criminal records to see if they could dig any up for the deceased in order to discredit them.

The real test will be when the CPS etc get involved. Any bets it will be too late to do anything, statute of limitations etc.

David Cameron, who I thought was excellent in the Commons today incidentally, as he was for the Bloody Sunday apology, has said he will support the CPS etc becoming involved.

It did seem that all parties in the House were shocked at the scale of the cover-up.

BBC saying that some of the documents relating to the Thatcher government's opinions and actions may not have been released.

Statement from the families due in a few moments.

This is one of the more shocking images to emerge over the last couple of days that was published on Twitter. Fans trying to help fans, police with backs turned. left me speechless.

A2bNQM6CYAEOhsL.jpg

I hope this isn't too off topic, but is David Cameron apologising on behalf of the Conservative Government because at the time of this disaster the country was also a Conservative Government? Or is that just coincedence?

I hope this isn't too off topic, but is David Cameron apologising on behalf of the Conservative Government because at the time of this disaster the country was also a Conservative Government? Or is that just coincedence?

Just coincidence. He's apologising on behalf of the British government and its representatives. It does resonate more because he's a Tory.

Milliband also apologised for the continuance of the cover-up under 'all governments since 1989' or similar line which covered the Labour side of things.

it seems he is still alive, his comments will be interesting.

I'm hoping we can find some Liverpool fans to ###### on him and steal his possessions.

It's what he thinks they do after all.