Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

Two new signings

137 posts in this topic

Is this one of them?

FEATHERSTONE Rovers have signed Huddersfield Giants back rower Joe Fox on a one-year contract for next season.

The 20-year-old, who is from Featherstone, was named the Giants under 20s player of the year in 2011.

Rovers head coach Daryl Powell (pictured) said: “We are delighted to offer an opportunity to a talented young back rower who has been with Huddersfield from a young age.

“He is an athletic back rower who will thrive within the Featherstone Rovers environment.”

Fox said: “I’m looking forward to joining my home town club.

I understand he has just been voted the Giants U20 player of the year for the second year running!

Apparently 2 more on there way to us and signing players like Fox shows we are thinking of the future of the club as well

Looks a good prospect! Would he go in the reserves or are we thinking first team?

Looks a good prospect! Would he go in the reserves or are we thinking first team?

I'd suspect 1st team squad. Whether he will make the team will depend on how he goes compared to our other backrowers. ;)

Certainly looks a promising signing, and good to see a local lad back too. :)

At 20, he‘ll probably be looking at the first team.

Looks like a decent signing.

i've seen him in the 20s this season and the 9s, i know i'm not Daryl powell but i don't think he's anywhere near 1st team yet. that's not to say he won't be in the future. hard work and patience i would say

i've seen him in the 20s this season and the 9s, i know i'm not Daryl powell but i don't think he's anywhere near 1st team yet. that's not to say he won't be in the future. hard work and patience i would say

Ill trust your judgement.

from the fev website...

On behalf of Featherstone Rovers I am pleased to confirm that two Super League quality players are in the process of agreeing terms with Rovers as the club seeks to strengthen its squad to give us the best possible chance next season.

In conjunction with Daryl Powell, we are aiming to build on a quality squad that is already assembled. After a meeting in London yesterday, Daryl contacted 'both players' wNho jumped at the chance to represent Featherstone Rovers as the club continues Fevolution.

Assuming both further players sign before the Leigh game we hope the club can unveil them in club shirts prior to the match. The club believes this is a statement to Rugby League that Featherstone Rovers wants to play top league rugby. We hope the club will soon unveil a consortium who will soon give Daryl access to more funds to enhance the existing squad and develop the training environment.

The fans recognise that the club has punched above its weight in recent years and now its had additional resources it can only help grow our status. We are 'hedging our bets' and building the club on the premise that promotion/relegation may replace licensing but that licensing may continue in years to come. If we plan for both then we can show our 'excellence' both on and off the field.

Daryl will ensure the squad performs at this business side of the season. Winning the play offs means everything to this club and it will be a statement that Featherstone has had yet another brilliant season.

I believe we will get into Super League meaning investing in our youth academy becomes a significant priority. This will ensure the club sustains growth and development and can compete for top league rugby honours in years to come.

Great. News!!!!!

• Huddersfield Examiner Sep 5th 2012

• "The awards for the academy players at the club were once again competitive, with some outstanding nominations.
    Under 20s Player of the Year went again to Joe Fox, who has won the award for the last two seasons.
    He is an outstanding player who is versatile and comfortable playing in a number of positions.
    He is a real star for the future and shows a consistency well beyond his years."

• Sounds very promising, let's hope DP has brought in a real diamond.

• Any speculation on the other two......? Exciting times!

does two super league quality players mean the same as two quality super league players ?

No it dont R n O but, i will go along with the former if they are all young and hungry for success .

Just a question on funding and the reference to a consortium making more available.

Does that mean that Fev have not been spending the full amount allowed in the salary cap?

Ben Hellewell is one of them...

he has signed but he is not one of the two.

The 2 could not be named due to still having SL commitments to fulfill.

I'm gonna have a punt here I reckon with wakes signing their halfback me thinks Andy Ellis may be one of the signing players i would be well chuffed with the three already in sound pretty good too I reckon things shaping nicely

I just wonder where all these new players will play . I would hope that if any player leaves they are going onto bigger clubs I.e. super league like last close season. Many of our squad would enhance super league just as zak proved.

A lot of the announced signings are young which is the way to go and a year in our league with Rovers will make them excellent players . A lot of teams in our league are spending big on players which leads me to believe promotion and relegation will start from next season. Let's see what today's bulls announcement brings.

I'm gonna have a punt here I reckon with wakes signing their halfback me thinks Andy Ellis may be one of the signing players i would be well chuffed with the three already in sound pretty good too I reckon things shaping nicely

Could be a good guess. Signings are from clubs still with Super League commitments, so not London as not in top 8.

I just wonder where all these new players will play . I would hope that if any player leaves they are going onto bigger clubs I.e. super league like last close season. Many of our squad would enhance super league just as zak proved.

A lot of the announced signings are young which is the way to go and a year in our league with Rovers will make them excellent players . A lot of teams in our league are spending big on players which leads me to believe promotion and relegation will start from next season. Let's see what today's bulls announcement brings.

In my opinion, we need some strengthening in a couple of positions for next season. We're short of cover at prop, and possibly wing if Tangi doesn't stay. I'd also like to see us sign a hooker to rotate with Benny Kaye, who offers a bit more in attack. As has been suggested elsewhere, Andy Ellis please. :D

i asked at the match last night if we would be running a 19s and 23s next season. i was told that the rfl haven't decided on the format yet, we may get to know sometime next month. how on earth can clubs recruit when they dont know what teams they will be running.

i asked at the match last night if we would be running a 19s and 23s next season. i was told that the rfl haven't decided on the format yet, we may get to know sometime next month. how on earth can clubs recruit when they dont know what teams they will be running.

That is poor tbh. At least all clubs are in the same boat with that one, so we're not at a disadvantage compared to our competitors.

I reckon they are both Wakie players. They said they were going to be paraded before the Leigh game. Then at the Leigh game said there were in the super league playoffs. Wakie are the only team who made the playoffs in the last few days. All other clubs were int the playoffs already so they could of never been shown at Leigh game. I'll go for fox or cockayne along with Ellis.

The return of either player would be amazing considering how well they are both playing and loved by the Trinity supporters , huge testament to the Rovers club spirit.