Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

Two new signings

137 posts in this topic

The funny thing is I'm sure he played v Bradford the week after. There is a video of it somewhere and he limps off during the game, is it possible they patched him up and he finally did them good an proper the week later? It's the game that was Newlove's first game back at POR, I remember him getting some treatment. MLP could you help please, did he play in the Bradford game and was it the week after the Salford game? As I say, I thought my recollections were better than they actually are so I may be totally off the mark.

Blinkin' 'eck, don't drag me into it. I can't remember that far back.

Oh, go on then.

We played at Salford 11 Sept. Then Bradford at home 16 Sept. Pearson started both matches at stand-off, and never played again that year.

i remember the furore around pearson playing with injections. bad decision. was that the game newlove got pushed into the barriers by neil roebuck when they had that awful green n blue away kit sponsored by Vaux?

Gibson was a Currier replacement i remember a programme saying the number 4 shirt was hard to fill. i was only 11 at the time mind.

i remember the furore around pearson playing with injections. bad decision. was that the game newlove got pushed into the barriers by neil roebuck when they had that awful green n blue away kit sponsored by Vaux?

Gibson was a Currier replacement i remember a programme saying the number 4 shirt was hard to fill. i was only 11 at the time mind.

I think I was at that game, attending with my friend and his parents who were Bradford Northern fans. Paul Grayshon was playing. A poor mans Brendan Hill, very fat, with some deceptive ball skills.

Cheers Andrew and MLP I can now recall a patched up pee wee playing against Bradford. I am sure that there was an incident where Courier hit Newlove with a late high shot and I even think he saw red for it. I also remember that awful green vaux kit and the Roebuck incident.

Just to stay off topic wasn't the Carl Gibson side step the most obvious in the game but for some reason it nearly always worked. He would run from side to side and then just drop his shoulder and go.

Cheers Andrew and MLP I can now recall a patched up pee wee playing against Bradford. I am sure that there was an incident where Courier hit Newlove with a late high shot and I even think he saw red for it. I also remember that awful green vaux kit and the Roebuck incident.

Just to stay off topic wasn't the Carl Gibson side step the most obvious in the game but for some reason it nearly always worked. He would run from side to side and then just drop his shoulder and go.

Yes, I think Currier was sent off.

Ha! Gibbo, yes. :D . He had a huge step. We all knew it was coming, but it still worked.

I was on a Hull Rotterdam ferry drinking with Gibbo 4 years ago, he has nothing but fond memories of his time at Fev

I remember watching a pre-season friendly when we played Chequerfield at their place. Gibson had blood on his shirt and when it was pointed out to him, he just shrugged and said "ah well, it's not mine"

That was when the club had some sponsorship from Cica and Pee Wee was wearing their revolutionary new blade type boots. He changed them before half time lol - "get me my adidas" he called to the sideline :D I think that was the same game.

Although the thing that sticks in my mind was the sponsored car for Mark Aston. Not sure why.

Going back to signings. Quite a few people have said we need new props for cover. I reckon we already have it. With Haley back to fitness and Bostock being used as a front row I rekon we are covered. Bostock is one of our biggest players and I think he will make a prop. Haley we all know at his best is a very good prop. So are we covered? What does anybody else think.

Heard Bostock was stopping but what about Haley is he signed on for next season We were told there would be 4-5 S/L quality signings but up to press have only signed 1 so unless we were mid informed one of them may be a prop. We also tried to sign Tonka so the coaching staff must think we need at least one